Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

DarKSlayeRED
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 4th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Hello everyone, I am a man in search of the truth who found this site while looking for good poems to inspire me.
I only hope I can improve and excel in my writing techniques and in describing my world to you the readers.
    Your very lost in the dark friend
                         -DarK

LiestoGods
Fictional Being
Strange Creature
Joined 18th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Hi! I'm new here (obviously) but I mostly frequented another site under another username. But I kind of fell into a sort of habit there, and I'd like to not be so limited with my writing and sort of start over. I'm not always a good writer. Let's start with that, shall we? But I live for the moments that I am. I dabble in art and singing, and I don't get a whole lot of sleep. Artist, meet insomniac.

So... here I am <( - - )> and things. My favorite color is yellow, and I write to escape. i'm not quite sure what I'm running from yet.

I'm here to write and get better :)

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Welcome, Strange Creatures.

Pull up a rock to the fire, get comfy in the cave. Mind the shadows, those are the lost poets wandering...

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

life and honor choice
yet again has me fair trapped
twixt the both of them
-
will o'wisp has me
flitting from one pretty mind
and on to the next
-
married, lonely and 
trying not to fall again
hoping for freedom
-
five seven fives trap
binds tight my betrayer's soul
i feel my words soar

theironictruth
Strange Creature
Joined 19th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 5

Not sure how I can introduce myself... should I consider myself an amateur poet? Honestly this is all I have to offer. I know it's kind of lame, most of me is lame, but sometimes there's a spark of awesome that shines within me... usually it's in my writing. Not the best poet out there, definitely not the smartest, but my love of words brought me to this site. That's all that really matters, I guess. This was ridiculously confusing and pointless. Whatever. Hi.

Tammiekathu
Strange Creature
Malawi
Joined 23rd Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2

Hi. i'm new here
but i'll hopefully be a dear
ummm i write...and read
those are my two favorite deeds
i'd rhyme some more but no

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

alright, who didn't lock the door after themselves ? another two have found their way in.

..and welcome  ..please don't tell your friends about this place ;)

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

theironictruth said:Not sure how I can introduce myself... should I consider myself an amateur poet? Honestly this is all I have to offer. I know it's kind of lame, most of me is lame, but sometimes there's a spark of awesome that shines within me... usually it's in my writing. Not the best poet out there, definitely not the smartest, but my love of words brought me to this site. That's all that really matters, I guess. This was ridiculously confusing and pointless. Whatever. Hi.

Don't worry, a spark is better than nothing and forget about being smart, we've all sustained some sort of head trauma here, self inflicted or just beaten over the head with the bible or a self-published poetry book at some point.

[insert welcome to DU here]

poet Anonymous

im reese an poet looking for inspiration to write again

poet Anonymous

im reese an poet looking for inspiration to write again

SwampEyes
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 9

Helloo. I am Swamp Eyes

SwampEyes
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 9

Hello I am SwampEyes

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

will the real swampEyes please stand up

moosie
Strange Creature
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 2

Hi, I'm glad I found somewhere like this. Look forward to reading other peoples work and putting up my own.

poet Anonymous

Meatier

Go to page:
Go to: