Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

AlyxMahal
Strange Creature
Joined 10th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 3

Hello everyone. I'm Alyx Mahal. Just started poetry and preforming spoken word.

anthonyeastman
Damon Orion
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 13th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 12

Hmmmmm....... How to introduce myself............  I'm withdrawn and silent. My anger, gore and unending pain flows from words that I don't understand until I've finished writing. I don't plan poetry never have never will, it comes when it wants and very seldom do I edit. I've been writing since i was 5 or 6. Most of my early work was lost in a house fire and this is an attempt to recall as much as I can and get it down digitally. I hope I don't disappoint but if I do then I do and I'll just say merrily "pHuck You" or "Get pHuct". But I digress and I truly hope you like the world that lives behind my eyes.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2460

anthonyeastman said: I hope I don't disappoint

If the words come from within, then the rest is just gravy.

Welcome everyone.

Jaded-Jewel
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 2nd Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 2

I have been searching for a place that would allow me to be myself. My name is Jaded-Jewel. I have written for years as a way to keep myself from going crazy(However i do have a couple of doctors that would like to debate me on that).  A writer on DU asked me what my name stood for and this is what I told them......I have always been a Jewel........"Jaded is the side of me that wants to be, that screams in my head when I am alone, that begs for forgiveness, but cherishes the pain.  I know.....a little intense, but you did ask what it meant. ".

I love the intense love, pain, anger, happiness, hate and all the countless other emotions I have read.

Jaded-Jewel

RegularJohn
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 16th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 58

I'm a bit of a Buddhist,
A bit of a hippy.
I like all things simple,
And all things trippy.

My poems aren't big.
I write them few and far between.
But please give them a read,
You might find a perspective yet unseen.

RegularJohn
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 16th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 58

But probably not

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16206

Welcome to DUP. I hope all of you enjoy your stay. Make yourself comfortable and read the works of other poets here. Critique and comment so that they may reciprocate. Most of all write. You can also join the competition held here so you can garner experience. Again enjoy DU.

sharleea
Lost Thinker
Joined 13th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 6

I've been here for 337 days and never introduced myself. Hello fellow poets! I go by Ann to my friends.  I recently read somewhere that poets are the craziest of all people.  I'm happy to be crazy.  I love this site and hope it continues for a real long time. Tomorrow is my birthday and I can't believe I've made it this far! What I'm gonna be doing on my birthday?  I may be writing poems and if I'm not writing, I will be reading the poems here on this site.  A good way to spend my time, and the way I want to spend it! I'm still learning and you all are my teachers!

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

sharleea said:I've been here for 337 days and never introduced myself. Hello fellow poets! I go by Ann to my friends.  I recently read somewhere that poets are the craziest of all people.  I'm happy to be crazy.  I love this site and hope it continues for a real long time. Tomorrow is my birthday and I can't believe I've made it this far! What I'm gonna be doing on my birthday?  I may be writing poems and if I'm not writing, I will be reading the poems here on this site.  A good way to spend my time, and the way I want to spend it! I'm still learning and you all are my teachers!

Glad to know you Ann...welcome to DUP my fellow Virgo. Happy birthday, I had mine 5 days ago!

To all newbies, welcome everyone...enjoy the ride!

@EngrVV - D'Poetic Engineer

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

welcome muricans, brits and non-nationals,
your signup is almost complete, we just need any 1 of your vital organs! please report to reception

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16206

sharleea said:I've been here for 337 days and never introduced myself. Hello fellow poets! I go by Ann to my friends.  I recently read somewhere that poets are the craziest of all people.  I'm happy to be crazy.  I love this site and hope it continues for a real long time. Tomorrow is my birthday and I can't believe I've made it this far! What I'm gonna be doing on my birthday?  I may be writing poems and if I'm not writing, I will be reading the poems here on this site.  A good way to spend my time, and the way I want to spend it! I'm still learning and you all are my teachers!

Happy Birthday, Ann. I'm glad you are enjoying your stay here.

elle1958
quiet
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 19th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Hi, I just found your site through google. I started reading some poems and was inspired to join. I've never written erotic poems before but going to try. Glad I stumbled into here:)
elle

socialflutterby
Germacide
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 19th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 16

just found this site
it's a wee treasure
am fae Glesga
ah write a little,
and read a lot

Hello

eyeofhorus
Strange Creature
Joined 20th Sep 2014

Hi everybody

I'm 35 and I work as a professional writer - of technical documentation. That doesn't allow the same kind of expression as DU, so here goes...

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum, and reading/writing some hardcore poems.

Yours,
EoH

Dspirited
Strange Creature
Joined 24th Sep 2014

I write of my feelings as I endeavour to cope with the black dog. My works are rather depressing,  or dark, or devoid of hope. Writing helps me come to terms with my anxiety and oppression of the self; particularly when I am feeling gray.

Go to page:
Go to: