Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

sam282
Strange Creature
Joined 6th July 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Hi guys I'm new to this site I hope you can enjoy my work and that I van make new friends ��

OldstrvgPoet
Strange Creature
Joined 23rd July 2014

Hello, you who started this site and you who haunt this place...
I don't know what to express (that's most of the time)

I feel pain I feel scorn, I feel outrage, I feel cheated, and yet I feel gifted and grateful, always. (not much sense does a walking controversy make.)

Who am I?
I AM...angry black man..
child of the 60s...
lost & forsaken...
navy veteran...
former convict...
revolutionary minded, and too old to do anything about it!
old, bitter black man...
democratic but frustrated 'n____'....
intelligent, perceptive, and broke...
19 years sober via 12 step philosophy...
spiritually and emotionally wounded...
and Still looking for a voice, or a place where the one I have will be heard...
Your site name reminded me of an organization by the same name 'Underground Poetry, from many years ago.
Thank you for the venue. Shout out to all expressionists who choose the written word  as art form.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

this is the place, alright. welcome, and mind your own organs. all of them.

Huefxria
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 27th July 2014
Forum Posts: 2

its funny, petty words thrown onto the screen of your computer are supposed to describe who I am, what i stand for, and give you a biased opinion on whether I am the type of person you could even begin to comprehend or even make simple talk to. In a world where people hide behind their fake bodies and painted on faces, who's to say those words that you had no intention of grasping in the first place are even fact about me or my life? I could be just like you. I could sit back and watch the world fall into pieces like the civilizations of past, yet fall asleep at night worrying about next months fashion. Or maybe I'm not like the clones and androids of the present day. Maybe im not afraid to tell the truth or fall in love. Maybe I dont cower behind a television but actually try to make this world a world worth living in.

maybe i am just a hypocrite.

By the way my name is Kimber'lie, yes, spelled exactly how it's typed.

jemac
Dangerous Mind
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 237

Just wanted to pop in and say WELCOME ABOARD!!

ZeneNuri23
Myasia B. Bursey
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 31st July 2014
Forum Posts: 4

Uh Hey world out there. I am Usually on Allpoetry.com. But of course I got used to seeing the same type of styles there. I would like to explore this site and meet new people. Thanks haha. and HAIIIIIII!!!!! haha

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

anna_grin said:this is the place, alright. welcome, and mind your own organs. all of them.

Except for your livers, I had an agreement with Atakti on a new one.

Sass
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 15th July 2014
Forum Posts: 12

admin said:Intros here please...

Hi, sass here.  Glad there is a place where i can share thoughts

Jessa_Felatio
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 6th Aug 2014

I am Jessa, I am an artist but also an erotic poetry writer. I searched long and hard to discover a site that would allow me to post things that are on the little more obscene side of writing. And here I am! I look forward to delving into the deep depths of your writings as well as making a highly sensual impact with mine...

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Just what the world needs; more fuckin' writers....

sodium589
Thought Provoker
Germany
Joined 7th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 342

Hi, I would like to introduce myself with a question.

Ludwig Wittgenstein once wrote - with regard to philosophy- "What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."
What does that mean to POETRY
i. in general
and
ii. Does it mean that most of poetry has to go by untold?
Any suggestions???

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

sodium589 said:Hi, I would like to introduce myself with a question.

Ludwig Wittgenstein once wrote - with regard to philosophy- "What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."
What does that mean to POETRY
i. in general
and
ii. Does it mean that most of poetry has to go by untold?
Any suggestions???

Welcome Sodium.  

Maybe introduce yourself here and start a thread in the "Discussion" forum with your question, as not to flood this thread with a topic.

Anyway, just because the man says it, doesn't make it so.  So for me, it means nothing to poetry.

LUUH19
Emeraldia
Thought Provoker
Joined 5th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 72

Hello, am so glad that I joined this little world of ours :). and sodium589 - I think poetry should be shared just to see and feel the connection with other people and this will bring people closer together. But there are poetry's that you get selfish over that you don't want the world to see as if you have your own little secret beauty that is too precious for you to share.

roijosag
Josag Femi
Lost Thinker
Canada
Joined 12th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 4

I am Josag Femi, a prefered writing name. A poet and wworking towards getting my first poetry collection published.
http://sbpra.com/josagfemi

BeUrSLF
L-Boogie
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 15th Aug 2014

Hello All! I'm Laura, born and raised to the sound and taste of poetry or expressive writing! It took awhile to get here but now I'm anxious to be in the presence with other talented individuals! The sky is the limit, words are the foundation of who we are! See you around....

Go to page:
Go to: