Go to page:

member subtitles

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Oh, I almost forgot, where can I read the descriptions of the subtitles? It seems as though some people know which ones are more highly ranked. I looked in the help file and used the search box, I don't seem to be able to find any information at all on these labels.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/suggestions/read/2285/

can't seem to open the link about titles with phone. p'raps a laptop or tablet will have more luck

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

Well, I don't think it is your phone. I followed that link to another link, but got a message saying that thread does not exist.
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/chat/read/11/
Seems like it would be a common enough question to actually be in the help section. But I'm not sure if I should make yet another suggestion. It seems as though people read my suggestions with anger tinted glasses.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

A person/ poet/ poetess can be a Tyrant of Words but a very poor writer and wordsmith, simply because they are a literal tyrant of literary: spend too much time spewing the words than crafting them. Bear in mind I speak in the proverbial sense, and am not saying that is how Tyrants here are like, or ever were like.

On a side note, I do miss my 'Tyrant of Words' rank. Being a Guardian is more than fine and dandy, but does seem to suggest a sense of security and watchfulness of a realm in service, rather a Tyrant and their own playground.

Back on track, it does seem rather high time that the ranks were renamed, this time with more user input. If only to reply to complaints or observations with something along the lines of 'you chose it, so you live with it'. The ranks have served us well, but are slightly outmoded; once you get to Tyrant there is no where else to climb, and to change from one rank to another requires a great deal. So a dissatisfaction will not be quelled within a week. On that note perhaps allowing a more fluid ranking would be in order: giving people the option to rank up, and perhaps a range of words available to be used to self-title themselves. I do however realise that the last it would require some complex coding and require more work and time to be properly coded and implemented.

Perhaps Poetryman your words are read as demands as they are so forthright and raise the point most of us are thinking but have not voiced. So it is less that you make demands, and more that your words are cut and dry and honourably frank. (As opposed to the roundabout bollocking you see before you!)

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

This is true. I am not after all, the type to bow down on one knee and humbly request permission to suggest a change. I grew up being taught that when you want to change directions, you take the bull by the horns and steer him in the direction of the herd...

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Zazzles said: I also think is that anyone that gets an increase in their name title should be based on how much their poetry has been read  by others as opposed to how much you're reading.

Participants in websites like DU Poetry need to be encouraged to read and comment on other peoples work, they don't need to be encouraged to post poems (because that's why most people are here in the first place). That's why it works like that

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

The idea of rank titles is indeed just a bit of fun, however, it does have the benefit of marking out established members vs new ones. A new member may need more help, or be more prone to misunderstanding how things work. An established member may be someone to go to if advice is needed. I have no plans to change the ranks at this time; the idea is people get used to what they mean. If they keep changing; it defeats the object of them. Plus I don't want a 100 inbox messages from members asking why their rank suddenly changed

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Ahhh. So here is that thread.
Aside from everything I read so far...
Can somebody tell me the list of those titles in chronological order please?
(Here I just learned that tyrant of words comes above dangerous minds - what's below and above?)

Been here not too long ago, i'd like to say I don't care for titles... but i'd be lying. Just today mine changed... and it's a curious thing. Lols... im talking nonsense.

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1617

Dangerous Mind, yeah I suppose I can live with that. But if you feel the need you can call me Lord of Darkness Hades The Purveyor of Passionate Yet Deadly Delights. Lol.

Go to page:
Go to: