Page:

The "like" Option

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

I wish DUP had an option to "like" something someone says on a forum. Like facebook. Or maybe a "like" and "dislike" Button?? They might have to be slightly different because of course this isn't Facebook.
Maybe an applause for like and a middle finger for dislike? LOL

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

Maybe something slightly better than a simple 'like' or 'dislike' as though we of DU can only show our affection and dissatisfaction through grunts and stiff gestures.
A grand idea though, there are just some lines on the forums that deserve a round of applause and a brief moment of adoration as you smile.

Maybe also an option for something along the lines of 'deep' for those times when someone says something smart, plus it ties in with the Deep Underground title page.

Methinks a vote/ competition for words to replace 'like' and 'dislike' may not go amiss, given that the Divine Webmistress can give this her blessing and green light.

wanderer
Faceless
Thought Provoker
4awards
Joined 1st Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 171

Aye! I concur!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

The website is currently  under redesign by the Webmiss, soon to be launched to the new version, so perhaps there will be some additional features when this happens.  :)

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

Viddax,
I hope so.

See I know we can't become wordless here, it's all about writing after all!! But sometimes I like someone says but there's not much you can say other than 'I like what you said"? LOL
Or you compliment them and they say Thank You and you say You're Welcome then there's an exchange of faces when it wouldn't be awkward if you could just like a comment they made and be done.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Viddax said:DU can only show our affection and dissatisfaction through grunts and stiff gestures.

Arrrrgh! Whoop! Whoop!

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

If there were indeed forum buttons of appreciation of any "grunt" "whoop" "deep" of simple "like" type I would press it here on this thread twice.

;)

poet Anonymous

(On a side note, look at the progression of avatars from the top of the page to the bottom... it's a happy to sad animation in itself... hehe, it tickled me. Anyway, carry on....)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

^ ....like

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

harliequin
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 103

I have to agree with this!

I notice you can "Like" a poem of someone's but not necessarily a thread reply/post. I think it's important to be able to like forum posts too because there are so many submissions via forum that don't ever get submitted to a poet's actual poem section, and it can get rather cumbersome to quote threads with responses.

If not a "like" button, perhaps a way to have direct replies to posts, where they sort of tier/tree down so you can see the replies to each post instead of one long thread where someone's reply to a section may not appear till pages later.

Just some suggestions. I still love this site!

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Thanks guys. I have added this to my (large) project board of possible future stuff. "Thumbs up" may be a little generic, but then "grunt" and "whoop" is a steeper learning curve for new members. Also having words is less mobile phone friendly (more to try and fit on a small display). Perhaps best to have the same type of button as is currently on poem comments, for consistency. Is the spreading of only positive vibes enough or do we need a thumbs down too?

harliequin
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 103

admin said: Is the spreading of only positive vibes enough or do we need a thumbs down too?

I feel like if I got a thumbs down I would be sad, especially if there was no way to get the constructive part of criticism. I think a LACK of thumbs up where thumbs up are available would be news enough that "Hey, this sucks so bad, people aren't even clicking a thumbs up"

Page:
Go to: