Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Category for Sad Poems?

harliequin
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 103

I don't like the word "Sad" what about "Melancholy"?

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1779

xsophxangelx said:I agree with the suggestions made by all bugs me I put all mine in the question mark category lol

Yes i quite agree as well, when my heart ain't broken i am forced to put it in ? category ..
Or when im sad it goes in the dark section or again in the ? category..
JMO

BWBijon
Bijon Quail
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 23rd Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 3

sad should be in a diff. category, because sad suggests respect and contemplation. Dark suggests horror and gore...

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

I hope this goes through, I would truly appreciate the difference personally JMHO..
A sad category is needed...

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

admin said:Many categories have been suggested over the years, and like this one, often they are good ideas. However, I'm not planning any changes to the categories at the moment as there's a much bigger project in the pipeline related to keyword tagging poems.

Also, there's a problem in that most people post poems in order for them to be read. People may post to a "sad" category, but would people seek that category out to read from?

Good point but I think people would wanna read from a sad category.. let's face it, most of us have a very dark and or sad side. Sometimes reading sad poetry allows a reader in a mood to be able to relate..
Idk Jmho ")

AIJoe
Aondokator
Twisted Dreamer
Nigeria
Joined 23rd Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 36

Zazzles said:

Good point but I think people would wanna read from a sad category.. let's face it, most of us have a very dark and or sad side. Sometimes reading sad poetry allows a reader in a mood to be able to relate..
Idk Jmho ")

I concur with Zazzles. My writing strength is at its peak when I experience sad moments and would definitely love to express those moments in such a category.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

AIJoe said:

I concur with Zazzles. My writing strength is at its peak when I experience sad moments and would definitely love to express those moments in such a category.

Happy Holidays Al
As with a lot of my writes I too embrace the sadness and darkness when needed..

LilithBlack
Twisted Dreamer
South Africa
Joined 27th Nov 2015

I agree that "sad" is a little off putting.  I personally would not want to click on it. A better word for a good idea. Yes

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

LilithBlack said:I agree that "sad" is a little off putting.  I personally would not want to click on it. A better word for a good idea. Yes
I think sad is not any worse than the love category ( heartbreak anguish and stuff... As a writer i write in many moods sad is most deff one of em ")

yellodevil
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 4

Yes. Sad and or/tragic...

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 218

I think junk food should be cut out and stores should get more healthy things so people can't gain weight.....

maggot1148
Conqueror Worm
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 19th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 16

I believe the 'dark' category encompasses this well enough. But that's just my 2 cents :p

deadheadgirl
Strange Creature
Joined 11th Mar 2016

There should be. I have a lot of sad drug-related poetry to share.

poet Anonymous

In response to that question I do beleive many would seek out the funny catagory.

poet Anonymous

If you click the "Random Poems" on the bottom right of the page there is the " Random Poems" link, you will find many poems based on popular searches, including sad poems or depressing poems.

Anyway i think, like many said, a sad poem doesn't really fit the dark poem section.

Go to page:
Go to: