Go to page:

get rid of categories

socialflutterby
Germacide
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 19th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 16

Getting rid of categories all together.....this is flawed chances are I would have to read through a ton of crappy basement budgie basher stuff before finding the good stuff? at least the way it is now when I want to read a story poem or an observational type I can use the categories to find them? I would love to add a comedy category though that would be fun :-D

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

lepperochan said:fuckin time ban you, Doc ..I have the at-hor-a-tay  :)   ...but I won’t . maybe on my next alchohol and stuff binge  ...maybe I will time ban every fucker on the site

Now, now, dear.... I do know you're just kidding around.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

When you do time ban every fucker on the site or you bring all of DU crashing down, whichever comes first, it's inevitable, I'm sure the WebMiss even pointed to a red button that you should never press under any circumstances, could you please put some elevator music on the "OOPS! DEEP UNDERGROUND HAS GONE DOWN" notice page, something like the theme to Austin Powers I think would be appropriate... I don't know why, it's just the elevator music that pops into my head whenever DU goes down... just leave us a sign, so we know it was you.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

case28 said:When you do time ban every fucker on the site or you bring all of DU crashing down, whichever comes first, it's inevitable, I'm sure the WebMiss even pointed to a red button that you should never press under any circumstances, could you please put some elevator music on the "OOPS! DEEP UNDERGROUND HAS GONE DOWN" notice page, something like the theme to Austin Powers I think would be appropriate... I don't know why, it's just the elevator music that pops into my head whenever DU goes down... just leave us a sign, so we know it was you.

I had planned on using this:

https://youtu.be/hfpB-AM5RLg

...just to twist the knife a bit

poet Anonymous

Does this mean I'm being evicted.....again??? Damn, I sure hope my cardboard box down under the overpass hasn't washed away....

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Can we just be able to submit a poem without It being compulsory to choose a category?
A lot of time I'm confused as fuck about what category the poem should be in, I just want to post it. To have it out before I decide to just delete it. Just get rid of the miscelaneous category and do that?
That way people looking for something in particular can still find it, and confused cunts like me can enjoy our own ignorance.
Excuse the potential lack of lucidity, I'm tired.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

you could be on to something there, Bat girl.  or,  ...now bear with me here, I know this is out there. how about we get rid of poetry altogether and just post catagories.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012

Less lip and more gold, little Irishman!
Categories alone are too limiting... I say category and one expletive as the title.
Congratulations, we just invented a new art form.

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

i think a tagging system is more beneficial than categories. poems can have many elements and forcing it into one category is almost detrimental. At this point in DUPs life I doubt we will see any massive change to the overall set up though.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012

SychophanticSlag said:i think a tagging system is more beneficial than categories. poems can have many elements and forcing it into one category is almost detrimental. At this point in DUPs life I doubt we will see any massive change to the overall set up though.
Welcome back to the madhouse.

theskinnyone
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 24th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 38

noooooo dont kill senpai. dont get wid of categowies!!!

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Stop trying to fix DU when it ain't fricken broken. If you can't fricken choose a catergory stick the bitch in Miscellaneous, that's what it's there for...

Sorry, the WebMiss dictated that ^^^^ message to me with her all seeing eye. No offence bat blouse, but I think her point is valid.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

I see the bat-baiting is catching on...I was doing it before it was cool, man...

I use one catagory....the shitty one...

Works well enough.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Poetryman said:I'm so sick of erotic poems getting all the reads that I think i'm going to mark all of my poems as erotic and if I get banned from the site for it, so be it! Just get rid of the categories so poets can read poetry and realize that poetry wasn't invented as masturbation stimulation... A poem tagging system is planned that will allow "themes" to emerge and provide a more free flowing way to categorise and search for poems. This is under development and won't replace categories (at least not for a long while) as it will take time to "tag" all existing poems.

However, it's just as likely that the erotic themes will prove popular. I'm not going to try and engineer what people like to read.

case28 said:I don't think the WebMistress is going to buy that idea, do you have any idea how much money the masterbation stimulation pulls in advertising? Those hits are the bread and butter for running this joint.As ever, making me giggle, with the idea that advertising covers even a fraction of what DU costs to run

lepperochan said:apart from finaly meeting the webmiss, who, it turns out is among us nearly every day under a profile that we all know and joke around withOoh this is intriguing and news to me. I'm not sure I like the idea of someone going round pretending to be me though

lepperochan said:totally unrelated,  the add to me left is selling Bedazal wearables ..anyone know what that might be ...I’d google it, but I try not to use google anymore  since the time I went looking for a spit roaster for my garden. ...I am now getting adds and invites for some very questionable activities Please note that adverts on this site don't use any tracking or personal info about anyone. The same adverts will be shown to everyone in a particular region (US, Canada, Europe, elsewhere). All adverts are approved by me so if you spot anything odd which I have missed please let me know so I can have it removed. I was very careful about which advertising ended up here; there are a lot of dodgy companies out there. I would rather earn 50 cents a day showing these than be infecting DU members computers with spyware or trying to sell them snake oil.

MadameLavender said:Craic--did you know that you can actually time ban yourself, now that you're a mod??  Pretty neat, huh?  :DMaybe sometimes even a moderator needs to tell themselves to chill out. You can probably also time ban me if I'm being naughty

Go to page:
Go to: