Page:

Feedback / comments

Cannaballester
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 112

I like The Feedback I get,,,But What I Don't Like is when I Respond to feedback that counts as feedback,,,so when you look at a poem and it has ten feedbacks or comments,,,it really only has 5 because it also includes your 5 responses,,,Thats Why I Always Respond to feedback by private messages,,,some people find that inappropriate,,,but I don't want My responses counting as feedback,,it may sound quirky to you,,,but when I look at my poems,,,the number of comments are actually comments that I have received and not responses to those comments,,
Thank You
,,,,,,,,,,,, cannaballester

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

I dislike responses being counted as comments as well...

Tracking authors responses or not at all works...
Also nice would be bring able to cross link related works

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14455

yeah, webstress. we want facebook!

underground overground wombles are we

please like my comment, you can also find me @ #Critter  ....please follow me

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6691

lepperochan said:yeah, webstress. we want facebook!

The Reverend Lepper may be misleading slightly.

Having the system set so that it discounts any comments the poet-owner makes would be a nice step forward to consider. As would the idea of the poet-owner when opening the page for a poem of theirs, not counting that as a 'read'. Any modifications for a poem automatically generate a read: like stamping a book when it is updated by the author.

Some constructive ideas and wishes to be considered and hopefully implemented in the future. Not bread, circuses and wishes to be insta-granted with top priority.

DaddyPhantom
DaddyPhantomPhotoTron
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 21st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 41

Personally I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Then again, I don't use DUP the way most people do. 90% of my views are from outside of DUP, and comments (although appreciated)really aren't that important to me. For some people DUP is there whole poetic world, it's as if there art doesn't exist outside of DUP. For me, it's just an avenue to promote a small fraction of my catalog, so comments, contests, followers, likes, and reading list really aren't my concern. That's just me.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

i my self have my blog that no one sees...
dark poetry,
here
and where ever something was posted first

i dislike my reading the comments being counted as a view of the poem
i dislike my responding to the comments being counted as comments themselves

i will say that highlighting unread comments is extreme and impractacle... but short of that,
not counting the artists views and responses as comments and views would be a good thing to do

if it is not too extremely hard to change... (if its a toggle, toggle it... if its programmming change... umm no not worth the cost)

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16178

Yes. Its automatic I suppose that any comments made on the page including yours are counted as comments...and reads including yours as well.
It is programming I believe so changing that may not be worth it as HHM said. Personally I don't think the reads and comments being counted matter much as opposed to the increasing quality of our works through constant reading and writing.
That being said lets wait and see.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14455

Viddax said:[quote-286196-lepperochan]yeah, webstress. we want facebook!

The Reverend Lepper may be misleading slightly.

.[/quote]

ahh, well any reverend worth his salt preaches the word of the Lawd. ..however I am a shitty reverend.

thing is, ok there's a small amount of math to do. if you have 26 comments, you know that thirteen are you ..if you respond to the kind people. tada!

thing is, these ideas about likes and comments and such things aren't all bad, but I think they only serve to stroke one's ego,  stroke it and feed it. which could be detrimental to the overall character and ambiance of the underground

hence the 'underground overground wombles are we' quip

anyhow, this is not the gospel of the Lawd, I shall go away and find some way to repent for my apparent lack of ego    

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

it's all about the talkin it out man

how to be better next time

not the thumb's up for the last one

Kexby
john rickell
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
Joined 16th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 115

Dup

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6691

Reverend Craic shalt do penance for his lack of faith in his ego.
- Though I was under the impression that removing the counting of self generated actions would increase the humility and show the truth of the matter. Disccounting the amount of times a poet read their own poem and comments on it would greatly impact on the standing of each poem, not to mention the required amount of things to do for the next DU rank.

Grace - Implementing such changes as described here would lead to the amount of comments and reads being a pure conformation of the quality, and show of criticism with proposed tweaks and subsequent changes in order to achieve such quality.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16178

Viddax said:
Grace - Implementing such changes as described here would lead to the amount of comments and reads being a pure conformation of the quality, and show of criticism with proposed tweaks and subsequent changes in order to achieve such quality.

Really. Anyway, the idea has been forwarded. Let's wait and see.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

- Looks like there's a bug causing the read count to go up on your own poems, it shouldn't.  fixed now

- I like the idea of author responses not counting as "comments", my only concern is that people are going to get confused looking at other peoples poems when the comment count doesn't match the number of comments shown on the page?

- Rest assured that for functionality like "top critiquers",  comments on your own poems are not counted.

Page:
Go to: