Go to page:

Nonexistent Members

onlywakingexists
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 76

I mean, what's the pros and cons, duuudes?

You delete the accounts and it frees up a miniscule husk of internet data. There's no other real reason.

Or you keep the accounts, possible good poetry remains to the benefit of others, they just might want to come back one day, and, well, all comments and posts will be anonymous. Just imagine everyone you'd ever known knew you'd said something but your face in their memories was vacant, your voice silent, did you even exist? Prove it, because America wants to delete people but not their info. Isn't that a surprise?

onlywakingexists
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Mar 2014

Snowden?! Release the files!

poet Anonymous

onlywakingexists said:I mean, what's the pros and cons, duuudes?

You delete the accounts and it frees up a miniscule husk of internet data. There's no other real reason.

Or you keep the accounts, possible good poetry remains to the benefit of others, they just might want to come back one day, and, well, all comments and posts will be anonymous. Just imagine everyone you'd ever known knew you'd said something but your face in their memories was vacant, your voice silent, did you even exist? Prove it, because America wants to delete people but not their info. Isn't that a surprise?

"America wants to delete people but not their info?" I already came to the conclusion about deleting members deletes the poetry a long time ago, when I joined, it also doesn't take that much common sense to realize that. I was just curious about nonexistent members and their place that's all, obviously I don't want all poems to be deleted.

American doesn't want to delete people and not their info, I am sorry, you're wrong. Don't compare me and America, I am not representing America. I am sure the American Gov't doesn't know this site exists or cares that it does. And Snowden has nothing to do with this, that is a whole other can of worms...

onlywakingexists
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Mar 2014

Fistbiting.

poet Anonymous

onlywakingexists said:I mean, what's the pros and cons, duuudes?

Well put that red on your fucking sig line so you can be remembered. Beef jerky.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Curiousity killed the cat. To be exact it killed the cat that was not clear and concise with it's questions. Next time you seek answers say where you stand first and make damn well sure that it is a footing you are sure of. And if you are wrong then say so rather than backtrack to alter the past. Plus, being simply curious about what people think is rather iffy, there is some imperative for your desire: you don't just want it becuase there is nothing on tv at the moment.

Oh, and a life that is 'well' supposes one that is safe and thereby free of danger, and then in turn free of danger that can make it stronger. Triumph through adversity.

And yes, this is a post giving you a good bollocking because you changed your first post. That ism ost annoying as it means I lose track of why this all started.

Non-existent members are sometimes the best members: they fill up the numbers and never bother anyone.

poet Anonymous

Viddax said:Curiousity killed the cat. To be exact it killed the cat that was not clear and concise with it's questions. Next time you seek answers say where you stand first and make damn well sure that it is a footing you are sure of. And if you are wrong then say so rather than backtrack to alter the past. Plus, being simply curious about what people think is rather iffy, there is some imperative for your desire: you don't just want it becuase there is nothing on tv at the moment.

Oh, and a life that is 'well' supposes one that is safe and thereby free of danger, and then in turn free of danger that can make it stronger. Triumph through adversity.

And yes, this is a post giving you a good bollocking because you changed your first post. That ism ost annoying as it means I lose track of why this all started.

Non-existent members are sometimes the best members: they fill up the numbers and never bother anyone.

Viddax, I must say a few things. I was not unclear of what I wanted, people misinterpreted (which I am not blaming them for) what I wanted. There was a miscommunication. And I did claim my errors and say I was wrong. I understand the significance of nonexistent members. And I fixed previous posts so new people who clicked on the thread wouldn't have the same confusion; I did not modify my post as a shield to cover my wrongs. And I disagree Viddax, members start discussion or suggestion threads to see what people think of the topic of said thread. And you make it seem as if I was bored and desperate to get a rise out of members because "nothing on tv at the moment." That's a little harsh, don't you think? You don't know me, and I don't know you, don't belittle me like that. Viddax, "giving you a good bollocking," I am not 5 years old and I clarified already why I changed my first post. It's amazing how people have commented on this thread with genuine thoughts and other have taken it in such a direction where I have been deemed the temporary devil of DU. Well, I am not the first to be targeted and unfortunately I won't be last. So to all who are upset with me, sorry, but this is over, find your next victim.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

There are many dead in the water accounts on here with zero activity (meaning nothing published/submitted) Throw them overboard. Space wasters

Accounts with activity/poetry/prose on them, then that should be left up to the individual... maybe.

Realistically.  Too many thousands to sift through.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:There are many dead in the water accounts on here with zero activity (meaning nothing published/submitted) Throw them overboard. Space wasters

Accounts with activity/poetry/prose on them, then that should be left up to the individual... maybe.

Realistically.  Too many thousands to sift through.

Okay, there's a point that I mistakenly did not post/think of. Yes I agree Mag, those with zero activity should be thrown overboard. Thank you for your thoughts Mag, that's all I wanted in the first place.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

So, how 'bout them Red Sox.....NY Yankees... Mets? Anyone wanna play "Rock, Paper,Scissors" ?
Oh wait--nevermind; I hear the ice cream truck comin'...

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender said:So, how 'bout them Red Sox.....NY Yankees... Mets? Anyone wanna play "Rock, Paper,Scissors" ?
Oh wait--nevermind; I hear the ice cream truck comin'...

red sox in the washer with white snow leopard housecoat. I can't stand it.

Tell the ice cream man to save me a nutty buddy. I need to chill.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

^^One Nutty-Buddy, comin' up!  

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

So it seems I must publicly, or at least publicly on the internet, apologise to you sw as I was rather over zealous with my rant. It seems to be a costant bane of existence this thing called miscommunication. It is even more annoying when it occurs in poets in writers and artisits: all the means for communication are there but something will always get lost in communication until psychic communication arises.

You thankfully are hardly the devil of DU, no, those demons were replled ages ago. Though I do not try to claim victims like some vampiric stalker. But in truth any new possibility of change sets off alarm bells for me, so I like to completely disassemble it before it becomes implemented for better.

Although you have changed the first post so no new people are caught down this conversationl path you have now ommitted the parts where you talked about a year cut-off and cleansing the nonexistent members; points people should be able to make their own mind up over. But maybe it is for the best as the made up mind reaction would further fuel this train.

Back on actual topic, and directed mostly to the Moderators, what can be done about the nonexistent members? There has been discussions about repeat offenders and trolls and being able to remove them, but what about the ghosts now lurking at the borders?

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

I feel there should be no limit to any membership here especially if missing members have posted a substantial amount of poetry.
I mean knowing that this site will always be here for me is a huge
stress release even if I were to disappear for a year or two or even three or four!
Trolls and lurkers and strait up stalkers end up fading away once their presence causes no reactions....
Me, well I have been stalked twice and didn't open the mail.
Simple ay? Seems to me that a lot of people are attention hounds, especially the ones who Gasp and cry about how offended and "frightened" they become by strangers.
Really? This is a public forum and seriously maybe some people need to learn how to ignore and stop causing more issues with your lame ass suggestions!
Write poetry read poetry and for chrisakes Shut the fuck up!
live and let live!

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Zazzles said:I feel there should be no limit to any membership here especially if missing members have posted a substantial amount of poetry.
I mean knowing that this site will always be here for me is a huge
stress release even if I were to disappear for a year or two or even three or four!
Trolls and lurkers and strait up stalkers end up fading away once their presence causes no reactions....
Me, well I have been stalked twice and didn't open the mail.
Simple ay? Seems to me that a lot of people are attention hounds, especially the ones who Gasp and cry about how offended and "frightened" they become by strangers.
Really? This is a public forum and seriously maybe some people need to learn how to ignore and stop causing more issues with your lame ass suggestions!
Write poetry read poetry and for chrisakes Shut the fuck up!
live and let live!

Why are you reviving an old thread just to tell someone to STFU?

Suggestions can be discussed on their merit. What is 'lame ass' or not will come out in the wash, and will not be not based on any one opinion.

The policy here until now is to deactivate an account only when a member requests it. If there is a good reason to change this policy, then members will be advised. Discussions on this topic might contribute towards the decision, hence the suggestions section of discussion threads.

Go to page:
Go to: