Go to page:

Unpublishing poems instead of deleting

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Can we have  this feature of unpublishing poems (hide from readers) instead of deleting them, so we can easily put them back once the intended purpose was done?

poet Anonymous

That's an interesting idea....

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Good idea, and right now the only ways other than deletion, to hide poems, is to have your account temporarily deactivated--that hides all your work, yet deactivates you, too.   Also, a moderator can hide a poem, so if there's one you want hidden, send a link and we can reverse it too.  I don't know if adding a hide-function to everyone would mess anything up with moderator functions, or allow hiding of poems other than your own.  Will have to ask!

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

MadameLavender said:Good idea, and right now the only ways other than deletion, to hide poems, is to have your account temporarily deactivated--that hides all your work, yet deactivates you, too.   Also, a moderator can hide a poem, so if there's one you want hidden, send a link and we can reverse it too.  I don't know if adding a hide-function to everyone would mess anything up with moderator functions, or allow hiding of poems other than your own.  Will have to ask!

Most of my poems which are included in my book. I have unpublished them already in my googleblogs and wix sites. I don't want to deactivate my account, there must be another way.

Your help would be much appreciated MadameL...

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Vic--if you don't want to delete them, pm me a list or links to the ones you want hidden and I can hide them. It doesn't delete them, just allow only mods to see them and no one else, including you, BTW. It can be reversed too so no worries if losing them. For now that might be easiest as the Webmiss has a busy schedule of late and only so much time to keep the site going smoothly.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

MadameLavender said:Vic--if you don't want to delete them, pm me a list or links to the ones you want hidden and I can hide them. It doesn't delete them, just allow only mods to see them and no one else, including you, BTW. It can be reversed too so no worries if losing them. For now that might be easiest as the Webmiss has a busy schedule of late and only so much time to keep the site going smoothly.

All the poems under the Love Poems genre, if you won't mind doing this MadameL...I know you have a busy schedule, but if you find time I appreciate all the efforts. I just wish I could this on my own, as we do in submitting and editing our poems. Thanks a lot!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

^^Will do, Vic!  I'll start in on them, and if you want them un-hidden at some point, let me know!

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

MadameLavender said:^^Will do, Vic!  I'll start in on them, and if you want them un-hidden at some point, let me know!

Thanks a lot MadameL...

poet Anonymous

don"t click on the above links
spam from troll...could infect your computer

alert, guardians

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

copy and paste to your drafts and then delete those posted...

i do it daily when i run out of weed and the self hatred takes over........

poet Anonymous

when I run out of weed-- I do nothing but scream til more arrives..I admire you Johnrot

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

johnrot said:copy and paste to your drafts and then delete those posted...

As long as one has not used their submission quota one can do that.  Otherwise one will have to wait 8 hours before one can access drafts

(ponders weed and doing it on a daily basis)

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:[quote-274029-johnrot]copy and paste to your drafts and then delete those posted...

As long as one has not used their submission quota one can do that.  Otherwise one will have to wait 8 hours before one can access drafts

(ponders weed and doing it on a daily basis)[/quote]

ponders the ponderances and highly* recommends weed

and remembers the days when we were both at our 4 a day limit, constantly LOL

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

i didn't think it was an admirable trait but thank you mam...

i'm disecting roaches right now.............

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahhh, when 4 a day just wasn't enough haha.

Go to page:
Go to: