Go to page:

Understanding men

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

So what, it is not 'magic' (perish the thought of anything unexplained) you are pitifully peddling, but a poor prosaic psychology? Seriously, you are using chimpanzee psychology in application of the entire 21st Century male sex. That is just daft.

Such answers require substance and are circumstantial: the look of a 'guy' with a serious face may well have more to do with their mind and problems than any actual intended or unintended 'target'. A lot of animal and monkey psychology has applications concerning the homo sapiens but only in broad strokes and generalised terms. After all a 'guy staring seriously at you' changed its meaning when that 'guy' is a homosexual who is blind/ not actually looking at you and has a neutral or unintentional face due to them focussing on something else.

Now I understand the intention of this thread: to show how Umm is so wise and learned in psychology. Something that could have been introduced and conveyed in a much simpler way and much more thought provoking way, rather than self aggrandisement dressed up as charitable understanding. In other words, starting a thread about dominance displays and their place in modern society with examples. Or just talking about the new stuff you learnt and want to share it with people.

It is not a normal social procedure to begin with dispensing or advertising solutions or knowledge or help without prior need or soliciting.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

You're reading far too much into this.

I started an intentionally dumb thread about something dumb because those kind of threads are something I like about the internet and what with the way most other new speakeasy threads go almost completely unnoticed I honestly thought this one would too.  Needless to say, (unlike you)... I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to men...still willing to answer any questions tho, I got the dominance display thingy almost right ^~^

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

The title of this thread is "Understanding Men" and already from our responses, we've demonstrated that men are paranoid, protective, witty, sarcastic, pretentious, creative, insecure, defensive, pretentious, abrasive, critical and we take ourselves way too seriously.

I think this thread was intended to be tongue-in-cheek and perhaps a bit of fun for the female poets, unfortunately, the men here immediately expressed their disapproval of a women suggesting [in their minds] that she understood men through their body language, better than they knew themselves... then wittily compared our responses as territorial and displays of dominance... what a pack of animals... now I understand what we are.  

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I was thinking it was more tongue-in-cheek after I checked out Umm's profile before I made my comment.  Haha. you animals you.  

poet Anonymous

Viddax's theory was quite interesting. But it could be a guy who forgot his glasses?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

what does it mean when a man bites you?

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 417

Umm said:what does it mean when a man bites you?he's hungry

poet Anonymous

Umm said:what does it mean when a man bites you?

He is tring to look cool. Asking you if you are M or F serious.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

IronFears said:

He is tring to look cool. Asking you if you are M or F serious.

im M...if m stands for man.

poet Anonymous

Then why your profile says F lol

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Why would I rather have three or four to choose from instead of the same one every day?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

Umm - Reading too much into something. Ha. Tell me something I do not know or blatantly show. A 'dumb' thread? I just do not get the point. Especially as any type of thread, dumb or smart, can be just as engaging as any other. For your information and records, I never stated as knowing about men. Though if you find evidence then by all means post and repost it until your chromosomes fall out.

Just because the internet is so big and full of random stuff, does not mean you can just post any yolo fun stuff there, especially as there are irritating and pedantic waffling individuals with access to it too. Or maybe I am just being territorial.

Case - Any understanding 'insert group here' thread may well have received the same ranting reply. Even worse if it is about a group 'a' having a bit of fun at group 'b' in the diverse times we live in. Even worse if it is based on that blasted sex lines; pathetic male and female criteria and boring ass generalising traits that seem to only reinforce divides for a cheap laugh. Add to that such information and cheap laughs as being presented as Q&A, unasked for Q&A then it is asking for trouble. Want lolz and freedom then reddit is good, but any such polarising threads as this could be, are in for trouble while I still breathe.

Ironfears - Yeah, glasses, or also contact lenses.

All in all a thread topic that rubs me the wrong way, so probably should not have received such a scathing response especially as I wear the purple and speak tolerance on other threads. But meaningless threads have plagued DU in the past: yet probably not enough to validate a second comment sabotage. Ah well, maybe I am more suited to being a tyrant and banning fun altogether. Still, there is always time to carry on or start another similar thread.

chump
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 30th Sep 2014

Viddax said:Umm - Reading too much into something. Ha. Tell me something I do not know or blatantly show. A 'dumb' thread? I just do not get the point. Especially as any type of thread, dumb or smart, can be just as engaging as any other. For your information and records, I never stated as knowing about men. Though if you find evidence then by all means post and repost it until your chromosomes fall out.

Just because the internet is so big and full of random stuff, does not mean you can just post any yolo fun stuff there, especially as there are irritating and pedantic waffling individuals with access to it too. Or maybe I am just being territorial.

Case - Any understanding 'insert group here' thread may well have received the same ranting reply. Even worse if it is about a group 'a' having a bit of fun at group 'b' in the diverse times we live in. Even worse if it is based on that blasted sex lines; pathetic male and female criteria and boring ass generalising traits that seem to only reinforce divides for a cheap laugh. Add to that such information and cheap laughs as being presented as Q&A, unasked for Q&A then it is asking for trouble. Want lolz and freedom then reddit is good, but any such polarising threads as this could be, are in for trouble while I still breathe.

Ironfears - Yeah, glasses, or also contact lenses.

All in all a thread topic that rubs me the wrong way, so probably should not have received such a scathing response especially as I wear the purple and speak tolerance on other threads. But meaningless threads have plagued DU in the past: yet probably not enough to validate a second comment sabotage. Ah well, maybe I am more suited to being a tyrant and banning fun altogether. Still, there is always time to carry on or start another similar thread.

Your just being too logical vdax. I feel you on the it would be a problem if we did it thing... Eye for an eye works for me like start a thread and explain women to them.... I'm with you I would stop if they would but laying down and taking it doesn't make sense. And logic comes off like anger most of the time. I think I know that as much as anyone... You start the explain women thing and I'll climb on...

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

if you really feel like this thread is so horrible and polarizing then feel free to delete or whatever it. Though..wasn't there a hide thread button for threads you don't like? ..As for the explaining women idea, i think you should do it.

also, reddit is gross.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

i thought about it and id like to take back what i said about reddit, it's only somewhat gross...like parts of it are, i guess i just don't really like the format.

Go to page:
Go to: