poet Anonymous

Pinky your turn :)

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Dear Lep,
that was an interesting take on the pig puzzle.
I will give you full credit

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

cheers, man

what's the actual answer ?

it can be in the sky
or part of a face
and the numbers
which equate
could take a lifetime
to write

poet Anonymous

@rabbit if you need to know in the less time then get 123 of them and you will find out in 30 min. If you want to save some then get 1, he has about 2 sec for each buck count 30m - from when it dies to know whitch one was poisoned. Or just do a poison test for 2 euros so you don't have to kill and it will cost less and is going to be much faster.

Michael_Van_Marter
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 7th July 2016
Forum Posts: 57

Here's another riddle...

What have I got in my pocket?

poet Anonymous

Michael_Van_Marter said:Here's another riddle...

What have I got in my pocket?

It would be empity?

You have to sell "legal meds" to kids, to make more sales, are you going to sell them to their parent, who can legally buy them, or are you going to sell them to the kids, who cannot buy them and you wont have any receipt?

Michael_Van_Marter
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 7th July 2016
Forum Posts: 57

It's the One Ring. It's a Hobbit reference, where Bilbo asks that riddle to Golum and is allowed to live since he can't answer it.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

let me randomly pick a few counting numbers, say 1,3,7
adding various combinations :
1+3+7=11
1+3=4
7+3=10
1+7=8
1=1
3=3
7=7
and if i choose none of them, =0.

Using 1,3,7 lets me make 0, 1,3,4,7,8,10,11

can you think of some numbers, when selectively added together, like above,
allows you to make the numbers,
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 ?

Can you do it with only four numbers?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

1,2,4,8,16 will make any number 31 or less.
ex: 27= 16+8+2+1

poet Anonymous

29?

I don't get the question. You need a sequence of integers, 4 of them, to make another interger?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

Think about making change.  34 cents can be made of 4 pennies and three dimes.

For a new problem, in your pocket you have two pennies, a nickel, a dime, and a quarter.
What possible amounts of money can you give to a begger?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

Humanitarian answer: 42 cents.
(Pedantic answer: no money as they are only linguistic terms and not actual currency, plus a number value break down would help those of us not familiar with the American monetary system.)
Logical answer: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32, 35, 36, 37, 40, 41, 42. So that is 23 in total, and the number 42 for the meaning to life, the universe and everything.

A boat is in moored in dock at dawn; 7am. It has a pattern from deck to the bottom of the hull and has ten sections. Halfway between low tide and high tide the first two sections are below the water. If the tide continues to rise every 45 minutes, how long before all the sections and the deck are below the water?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

since the tide rises one section every 45 minutes
and the boat is moored by a rope that will become taut after the boat has risen L sections in length
the time in minutes until the boat sinks is given by: (L+8)×45

poet Anonymous

Person A has a GF, she is totally obsessed with him, she texts him everyday with sweet words. Name is Lidia, same as her moth. A night person A comes back late at night, he is drunk. She was really mad and person A and Lidia argued, but person A throw Lidia out of the balcony, she died. The next day person A receive a text from Lidia with the same sweet words. Why?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

It was the moth who was thrown over the balcony. Or some mumbo-jumbo repeatable text technology.

My last riddle might not be as slick as the original version or other versions. The answer is meant to be that the boat never sinks; it simply rises with the tide.

A rider rides into town on Monday, stays two nights, and rides out on Friday. How is this possible? (No time travel high jinks or time borders needed to answer.)

Go to page:
Go to: