Go to page:

ask the person below you a question

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

I'm a somewhat distinct kind of girl, basically meaning I have asperger's syndrome.

Most recent poem you've read and really liked

poet Anonymous

I have been reading Savaja's poems. She is a member here and she is a tour de force IMO.

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/Savaja/

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/232505-avowal/ [I really liked this one.]

Have you watched Mary and Max?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Not to my knowledge. Though my idea of 'Something about Mary' and 'Mad Max' probably further confounds the problem having not seen either of those.

Why do the stars and fates mock me with this emptiness and pompous words?

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

because they make mockery of science.... science tells us that when the star-signs were invented/discovered it was a good few thousand years go, and the evolving/expanding nature of the universe means these signs are off by today's date- in short, what you reckon is Aquarius is( if we go by science) should be Capricorn and so on... and until they find the dark matter's picture, this universe is apparently largely empty, along with many a hearts

How long will UK keep the monarchy?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Probably long beyond when sense, fashion, and democracy have cried for it to go. Besides the status and legitimacy of the monarchy, it also affects our international diplomacy and home diplomacy (Prince of Wales but a Welsh rebellion is not at the forefront of UK policy any more). On top of that are all the knightly orders that involve the monarchy, and all the peerages such as 'sirs' and 'dames' that are tied to the monarchy not the government. Plus the monarchy is embedded in our government. And God forsake forgetting the Commonwealth and it's connections to the monarchy, and UK regiments/forces.
Though a government with less private-school posh-nobs and a monarchy that can financially support itself and have less pomp for pomp's sake would be a brilliant boon to the UK. Though such sense may unmake England, not to mention having to rename the United Kingdom if it did not have a Kingdom.

If anything the stars are long dead and gone, making astrology more prophetic in the death throe signs of stars, and science horribly late in its dealings and calculations of the stars only giving new news on old vanished things.

Do my long posts bore you?

Tristy
Sredni Vashtar
Twisted Dreamer
France 1awards
Joined 18th May 2014
Forum Posts: 76

I've only been on the forums for two days now, so I probably have not seen any other of your long posts or not acknowledged they were yours, but I like long speeches and tirades so in general they don't. Although, I really don't care much about politics so I have to admit what you said didn't particularly appeal to me, but that has more to do with the subject than the answer itself.

Attention, weird question coming : Does the voice in your head that you hear when you're thinking sound the same as your "real" voice ? If not how different is it and, if you have any idea, why is it different ?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

Yes it does "sound" different.  It lacks accent and usually sounds as if it will flow much better than it does when spoken.  I have two "real" voices, one with a southern drawl, which comes out only occasionally when speaking but quite often when voicing poetry (my own and other people's) and a slightly northern accented voice.  Neither of which is what I hear in my head.  The voice in my head is much smoother and more melodic than either of my own.  As to why, no idea, but I suspect that it may be because thought moves much faster than speech.

Do you read your poetry aloud to yourself to hear how a piece sounds at normal speed, since we all think much faster than we talk or read and to catch things that may sound odd when read aloud?

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

sometimes...& sometimes I sing it

same question

LunaLove6963
Dangerous Mind
United States 3awards
Joined 14th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 1347

Not really I just write. Rarely change things I like to keep it raw mostly if it was written with emotion.

Do you have any weapons?

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

My mouth, a kitchen full of very sharp knives, bats, tire iron...

Where would you live if emigration wasn't an issue?

LunaLove6963
Dangerous Mind
United States 3awards
Joined 14th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 1347

All over I would travel nonstop

Do you like the beach

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112