Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question--Part 3

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

playing in the park with my son.....

is there such a thing called free will does it really exist?

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

It depends on which philosophy you choose. I don't think so...I think it's an illusion

Batman or Superman

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

Batman

Cradle of Filth or Dimmu Borgir?

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

Cradle of filth

Homer or Bart Simpson?

poet Anonymous

Dimmu Borgir! I think I wore out 'In Sorte Diaboli' when it came out. They're incredible live. While I can appreciate that Cradle have a certain poetical lyricism, they seem more gimmicky than Shagrath et al. I can't believe how short Dani Filth is in real life.

Edit: I also prefer Homer to Bart. Spent a long time typing the previous answer.

What has been the best part of your day today?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Being here: viewing poetry that resounds with incredible skill, and threads that feed my mind and spirit. Though I suppose the day has only started as of writing so can only get better surely, Shirley.

Mind telling me what 'Cradle of Filth' and 'Dimmu Borgir' are in your own words? Take that search engines!

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

They're black metal bands I believe. I think they're from Norway, but I cannot say for sure.

Favorite genre of music?

mebo
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 19

Genre...? Have always found that term confusing and entrapping...like asking favorite "kind" of food??? I think in particulars... I love Thievery Coroporation when they venture into vaguely middle eastern sounds (like Lebanese Blonde or Looking East); Moby; certain slowpaced bluegrass with the spacious banjo twang that brings me back to my grandfather's face and voice; the screaming crescendo in Imagine Dragons "Radioactive;"  Bon Iver/ Holocene saying what we all know of our own flawed heart -- "I was not magnificent;", Daddy Yankee  raging about "Gasolina;" Wyclef Jean reminiscing so sad, about the girl who used to make him hula hoop around the gym; Roger Waters when he says, "hey girl, lets take a stab at the sexual revolution;" Joni MItchell remembering, Rays' dad  and crying for poor Cherokee Louise; Jenn Grant reminding no one's gonna love you quite the way I do;  Crash Test Dummies having a picnic with God, and what with God there, asked him questions like "if you eye gets poked out in this life, will it be waiting up in heaven with your wife?"  AWOL Nation, reminding me "all you have is your fire, and place you need to reach.  Never tame you demons, but always keep them on a leash." REM breaking my heart, with memory of time, when I was a child...playing Life, Twister, and Risk. Mister Fred, Lassie and a Breakfast Mess, see you in heaven if you make the list, yeah yeah yeah...

What the heck is the relationshp between freedom and fear?

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

I knew I'd either get a long answer or a sarcastic one on that question, thus why I asked:P
The relationship between freedom and fear? They're polar opposites. Fear keeps one imprisoned, it keeps them from experiencing freedom. Freedom cannot have fear, if it is properly free. Thus why its important to dissect the difference in the two fears; one fear is reverence, one fear is to be afraid. Its usually easy to tell the context they're being used unless you do not know there are two different fears. But freedom and fear (being afraid) have no relationship, ones an open world, ones the key to the cell.

Was that a good answer or am I a stupid idiot?

mebo
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 19

Well -- coud be both or neither!! But - I suspect most people would assert they are free, or more free than they truly are.  And many shows of strength, assertions of "who I am," are born of fear.   Freedom seems to involve some letting go, risk, but until the free creature has some measure of tempered consciousness...born of presumably pain and knowledge of fragility -- cousins of fear-- the freedom can be a rather worthless spineless space. Being free cannot just mean, not caring, right?

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

You're indeed right, freedom cannot just mean not caring. I can see your point, I never thought of it that way. I suppose there is a certain fear in freedom since I guess you can be free to roam the earth, that doesn't mean you wont fall off a cliff, or drown in a lake, I guess I am confusing freedom with ignorance. I guess ignorance is bliss, but a two edged sword, perhaps the fears that relate to freedom is what makes us aware of consequence of freedom, so I guess you're right, freedom and fear do have a relationship, perhaps a vital one. Freedom can just be the state of being free to face that repercussions of actions, being unprotected, but of course only to a certain extent. Does that make sense?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

I suppose so.

If you had to teach a class, what would the subject/topic be?

poet Anonymous

Music class, probably.

When's the last time you did something nice for another person?

applepie77
Fire of Insight
Belgium 1awards
Joined 4th Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 1040

Today, of course.

Your favourite philosopher?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Friedrich Nietzsche. Not so much for his philosophy per se but for his writing style, and for the optimistic desperation that resounds with the theme of the ubermench: we still needs superheroes even in this day and age so we have not advanced that far!

Fear can often be the catalyst for the pursuit of freedom or a freedom; as in fear of death makes us strive to be free in our choices in the limited time we have. It can also hamper freedom; the fear of a global state of violence and chaos has led to such things as governments and states to impose rules and regulation impeding our freedom but in turn allowing other freedoms to exist unimpeded. Such as the freedom of law in exchange for the incomplete freedom of action. In  a way fear and freedom are not opposites but combined: the fear of one thing allows you to be free of other worry, in the same way lots of little worries keep the greater fears away.

Did you really want to know that?

Go to page:
Go to: