Go to page:

A book that made a turning Point in your Life

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

Hard to pinpoint one as those read always give me 'something'...

Two that instantly come to mind are "Stumbling toward Enlightenment' by Geri Larkin and I'm really enjoying reading Patti Smith's 'M Train'...I do enjoy the way she writes...

SURVIVOR
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 11th July 2015
Forum Posts: 130

When rabbit howls, by Trudi Chase.. This book is hardcore about DID. & helped me to realize there are other's like me, even our experiences were similar... 📚

HotChilliErotica
Strange Creature
Australia
Joined 12th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 1

"Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn. Found it on a blanket on the side of the road in Thailand, and the read the whole thing cover to cover on a Ko Samet beach. Just blew me away with the concept...the talking gorilla is just figurative for any observer on the human race. Struck a chord which still resonates 15 years later, the truth of which becomes clearer and clearer as we lurch towards over-population...

Justin_Sharples
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 21st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 12

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper and Cecil Murphey because this book just shows how bad some accidents can actually be and it shows how real our God up above actually is and it shows that people are not truly dead after they die and that they can come back to life. As for me, I lost my aunt Amanda Marie Watkins to a fatal car accident in 2012 and that changed my whole life forever because her and I were close as can be and I feel like something could've been done to save her but nothing was done at all. In the book 90 Minutes in Heaven, Don Piper explains how he and his car got ran over by a prison freight/ supply semi truck but due to how Don Piper and his car got ran over and smashed and crushed, Don died right away and went up to heaven and during his experience in heaven he was greeted at the gates of heaven by family and friends who had died and after entering he heard the most beautiful angelic music he had ever heard before. He, after a while woke up to see his wife standing outside the hospital and a lot of his friends too. He was then taken into the hospital and overheard how bad his injuries were and that his legs might have to be amputated but not at that particular hospital. so he was transferred to a different hospital and was able to keep his legs and eventually healed up good and is still alive today

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 817

"Of Human Bondage" by W. Somerset Maugham. It taught me to be calm and maintain hope amid adversity just as "Silas Marner" by George Eliot taught me the meaning of genuine unconditional love.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

The short stories of H. G. Wells.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
blocat
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 241

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli At first it seems like a load of medieval crap but then the metaphors start to hit home. A lot of folks say it's an evil book but it's it's just  practical.  

DMoney216
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 25th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2

The Secret changed my life

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

my mom's cosmopolitan magazines.

poet Anonymous

Shadows on the sea. I forget who the author is now, it was a pretty juvenile read.

poet Anonymous

Cosmopolitan usually have great reads lol

thepositivelydark
Fire of Insight
4awards
Joined 28th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 134

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

“I felt very still and empty, the way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo.” This is the first Plath quote I read and the one I showed my parents to convince them to bring me to the doctor. I have bipolar disorder. I was 15, confused, and very depressed. Somehow, this book gave me comfort like a hug from an aunt telling me 'you're not alone' despite of its content. Some said it'll get me more depressed. But the emptiness and hopelessness are familiar, and that thing you want that's just out of reach...and the ending that could mean a lot of things. Every sentence is poetry. And, the best thing for me, when I contemplate about committing suicide, I remember this quote: "I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." The heart is one stubborn thing. That was when I was introduced to Plath's poetry. I got the Harper Modern Classics 50th Anniversary Edition for my 18th birthday despite of it being hard to find in our country, and I plan to get "I am, I am, I am" tattooed on my wrists, color my hair red for Lady Lazarus.

"Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair  
And I eat men like air."

Eh, I guess I'm one of the followers of "The Patron Saint of Sad Teenage Girls."

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

no one here gets out alive...the biography of Jim Morrison.....opened my eyes to many things....

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 196

The Harry Potter series, when I was about 8 or 9, because it made me fall in love with reading and, eventually, writing.

Go to page:
Go to: