Go to page:

A book that made a turning Point in your Life

Ishmael
Lost Thinker
Joined 24th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 8

Simply just tell us a book (and the Author) that somehow had an effect in your life.

Battlefield of the Mind
by:Joyce Meyer

poet Anonymous

The Godfather
~ Mario Puzo

The book has inspired me to write my own mafia tale. . .in time.

poet Anonymous

A head full of blue - Nick Johnstone

One of the most brutal accounts of the fall into alcoholism, drugs and self injury that you will ever come across, followed by his harsh steps into recovery. I've read this book more times than I care to remember. I've sent it to other people struggling with their own problems. I even have three copies: one good, one colour coded into time phases and one annotated to hell with my own personal notes.

It was the courage I needed to sort my life out.

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:A head full of blue - Nick Johnstone

One of the most brutal accounts of the fall into alcoholism, drugs and self injury that you will ever come across, followed by his harsh steps into recovery. I've read this book more times than I care to remember. I've sent it to other people struggling with their own problems. I even have three copies: one good, one colour coded into time phases and one annotated to hell with my own personal notes.

It was the courage I needed to sort my life out.

Sounds interesting. . .I need to look into that.  Thanks for sharing, Missy.

Subvene
Lost Thinker
Canada
Joined 14th July 2015
Forum Posts: 14

The Giver - Lois Lowry

As I read the book, at first it allowed me to realize how much I take life for granted. Every sense I have. Every feeling I have, It is truly what makes me.. well.. Me. And as I read on, it showed me how deep into detail words can describe pretty much anything. In the book it described the feeling of a child breaking his leg. While I read the chapter, I cringed, I was able to imagine the feeling just by the definition given by the author.

All in all it was an amazing book, I recommend everyone to read it.

peninnah
The Blue Rose
Fire of Insight
Kenya 8awards
Joined 23rd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 79

TULLY by Paullina Simons!One of those books that every young girl should read!
Read it back in high school and the script is stuck with me forever!It more of most young girls diary;Friendships,life,love and fantacies!
Brilliant read!

jaspersilence
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 12th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 708

Painting in the dark-by-Paul Thorson

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015
Forum Posts: 2047

Still life with Woodpecker

Tom Robbins

Tied with

Anais Nin.

Delta of Venus

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

The Giver is great doll

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Aaagh!!! And Tully!! So great!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Most recently Rhonda Rousey's MY FIGHT/YOUR FIGHT ... Her words have refocused and reenergized my purpose ...

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/poetry/read/8331/#310717

fathermadness
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 4th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 69

Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind

“People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”

“Sometimes, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice. You have the courage to go forward, that is rare. A person who stands at the fork, unable to pick, will never get anywhere.”

“Love is not about what you want. It's about finding happiness for the one you love.”

“There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil, least of all in people. In the best of us there are thoughts or deeds that are wicked, and in the worst of us, at least some virtue. An adversary is not one who does loathsome acts for their own sake. He always has a reason that to him is justification. My cat eats mice. Does that make him bad? I don't think so, and the cat doesn't think so, but I would bet the mice have a different opinion.”

“People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.”

“She looked so beautiful in the moonlight, but it wasn't only the way she looked, it was what was inside her, everything from her intelligence and courage to her wit, and the special smile she gave only to him. He would slay a dragon, if there were such a thing, just to see that smile. He knew he would never want anyone else for as long as he lived. He would rather spend the rest of his life alone than with someone else. There could be no one else.”

“By my love for you. I realized I loved you more than life itself, and I would rather give myself into your power than live without you. Nothing the magic could do to me could be worse than living without you. I was willing to give it all over to you. I offered the power everything I have. All of my love for you. Once I realized how much I loved you, I was willing to be yours on any terms. I understood that there could be nothing for the magic to harm. I’m already devoted to you; it didn’t need to change me. I was protected, because I have already been untouched by your love. I had utter faith that you felt the same, and had no fear of what would happen. Had I had any doubt, the magic would have latched on to that crack and taken me, but I had no doubt. My love for you is smooth and seamless. My love for you protected me from the magic.”

poet Anonymous

Your illustrated guide to becoming one with the universe
By yumi sakugawa

Cute book, with equally as adorable sketches. And very detailed guide to realizing one self and being one with the universe. Literally what the book is named, and is for. Inner peace.

atarliss
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 19th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 70

Cry, The Beloved Country by Alan Paton

Brilliant book, beautifully written, really made me stop and think and understand the different kinds of people in life.

Go to page:
Go to: