Go to page:

A selfish little question

Page_Writer
Mad Girl
Thought Provoker
United States 19awards
Joined 25th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 183

Denmark is a country in Europe that Hans Christian Anderson was from, he was the author of The Little Mermaid and The Snow Queen.

The Snow Queen was what inspired the Disney movie, Frozen and is where I assumed the type of country that the movie takes place in.

It is also where William Shakespeare's Hamlet takes place considering that Hamlet was the prince of Denmark. A book I wrote a while ago took place in Denmark, it was a modern retelling of Hamlet from Opelia's point of view and so I did alot of research on Denmark. I know they have beaches and can get seemingly cold, but also have pretty nice, warm summers.

The captial of Denmark is Copenhagen and I read somewhere that there is a Little Mermaid statue at one of the beaches there in honor of Hans Christian Anderson's story.

The main language there is Dutch or Danish. Otherwise all I know are random other little fun facts about Denmark, it's one of the places that I've always wanted to go to especially when it comes to rewriting and editing the book I wrote that took place there.

Hope that helped.

- Paige Rider

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

How sad.  We know more then discussed the beautiful people of this small wonderful country, and the tragedy named terrorism came to pay a visit.

My thoughts and prayers are with the good people of Denmark.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
ScrazyK
Strange Creature
Joined 18th Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 1

People like going to Amsterdam, one of its cities

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

No, I don't know much about Denmark. However, my Mum has a Danish friend who once made us this gorgeous hot red cabbage dish with cinnamon and spices in it... and for that, Denmark, I'm very grateful.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MayRayn
May Rayn
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th May 2016
Forum Posts: 113

Someone earlier said Amsterdam is a city in Denmark...nope, it's in The Netherlands.

Denmark is awfully civilized, like all the Scandinavian countries, and Copenhagen a beautiful city. I've visited several times and enjoyed it.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: