Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5599

MarikaLena said:A lost soul like many. Trying to find myself in the chaotic structure of this world. This world we call home, and yet know in our souls that this is not home. This is some foreign land in which we reside for a few or more decades. I'm not much of a poet. I love to write. I'm an aspiring novelist, but still not much of a poet. In my life - this is a dark time. So between google searches of "Painless ways to kill oneself" and "How to cure constant desperation" I typed in "poetry community" and here I am.

I'm a 21 year old female named Marika who doesn't believe in coincidence and refuses to ever straighten my curly hair. I've got stones and beads in my locks and this is the closest site I have to social networking. Thanks for welcoming me here, we'll see how this goes.

Welcome all new members ! Marika--I have a daughter who is the same age as you and having some dark struggles of her own, and I was there myself, years ago. Chin up, keep focusing on that horizon where the sun rises and I'm sure it's no accident that you found your way here.

bazza2202911
Strange Creature
Zimbabwe
Joined 2nd Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 3

admin said:Intros here please...
[b]
[quote]

Hello to everyone. My name is Barry, nickname is Bazza. I found this site by pure chance and liked the very first poem I read. I am a recovering addict and when I saw the poems about drugs, alcohol and addiction i was really excited to join. I really like the raw nature of the erotics, and how deeply feelings are expressed.

I am really new to poetry, but have many weird and wonderful thoughts flooding my brain so maybe this will be my release. I am very open minded, willing and keen to learn.
That's enough for now
cheers

AnakaPhoenix
Strange Creature
Joined 2nd Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 1

hey, anaka phoenix was created from the ashes of my burned past.I write and write,i guess i should finally let it all out.This is where my love of poetry/ story telling has brought me so i hope to enjoy your work and share my thoughts in return.

GretlFeeson
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 2nd Aug 2016

Hi everyone, i'm new here, I write poems and do spoken word around my bedroom when the notion takes me and I must say it feels awesome. I also sing and chant in the morning when no ones home, that feels good as well. I sometimes dance around my kitchen in spite of myself hahaha to scottish/irish traditional dance as well; Celticmusicradio4life!

Have a great day

unipolar
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 6th June 2016
Forum Posts: 4

I am person who after repeated excessive stress lapsed into a severe depression with mild bipolar hypo-mania. It was the first time i had ever felt this bad and an "angry black dog was biting at my heels". I felt totally isolated and my friends seem to evaporate!
I came upon this site purely to express some of my emotion before I would further implode. It is has been an outlet valve for my slow recovery.  I am not a poet although I appreciate the emotions that others express. I makes me realize there are other fragile people in this world.

Daddys_princess97
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Aug 2016

My name is June. I have been writing all types of poetry/stories since I was about 12 years old. I am currently 18 (about to be 19). I'm a free spirit, and I'll try anything once, it'll make for a good story later, regardless of the outcome

lives_and_lies
opal
Lost Thinker
Australia 1awards
Joined 6th June 2016
Forum Posts: 11

Hello. I've been writing since I was young, maybe 7 or so and I'm almost 18 now. But I still have a long way to go.
I write because I'm not so good with speaking out loud. I do have anxiety and a depressive disposition. But writing about the dark parts of my thought helps me think clearly about them. I don't have many people in my life that I'm close to, so I use this to not feel as alone.
I hope to learn so much more from the people in this site.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
wishfulthinking
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th July 2016
Forum Posts: 10

I believe that life is like a firework beautiful in the moment and gone in a instant. Wishful thinking seems to be called optimism but I am far from an optimist.  Sometimes I am deep and other times I am shallow for the kids.. I am a bit of a weirdo but whats normal ?  Anyways hello I am pretty goofy, sarcastic , witty and playful.. I am heavily guarded and that's how I like it... Easily misunderstood and at times overly sensitive lol I am not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine because I don't waste my time on cheap teas... I started a profile on this site on a whim I used to write poetry a lot but I am a bit rusty... So far I like this site its a good place to express thoughts, desires, and hopes.. So i hoped you guys enjoyed my intro and even laughed a little lol..

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Nemo and wishfulthinking welcome to our hideaway!

Ever-to-be-Gazing
Strange Creature
Joined 10th Aug 2016

Hi, I'm Julia Ummm... I haven't introduced myself in a while, not further than saying my name and shaking hands anyways. I found this website googling a place to post my song lyrics. I don't play music but I like coming up with lyrics, and I doubt I'll ever doing anything commercial with them but I wanted to share them with the world anyway. Just as some self-expression. Anyways, I might become a regular poster or just fizzle out, i'm a bit distracted like that. I worry too much when I get inadequate socialization, so I like to dwell and create things expressive of my moods. Nice to be here, cya for now x
Sincerely, Ever-to-be-Gazing

Runningfrommyself
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 2

I'm Pat aka running from myself. I write everything from poems to raps even just regular songs most are inspired by my life transition from a 1%er life style to a normal being. My musical influences are tech n9ne brotha lynch hung ces cru rittz prozak cannibal corpse ICP Twiztid abk and all bands and artists along those lines. If you have questions or would like to read my work and give input i would love it. I do mostly free form and freestyles.

Chaoticwayz
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 9th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 62

Good morning fellow artists. I'm Chad, new here. I like it so far, this site is easy to navigate. I've found it difficult to connect with other writers. Seems as if though, writing is an under rated art form. Art saves Hope ya'll enjoy my work, as i'm enjoying yours. Thank you for sharing.

Chaoticwayz
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 9th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 62

Hi, when you mentioned writing raps...it reminded me. I don't write many raps, but my first one was on accident. I have been influenced, by a few rappers, from Eminem, and Tupac, to ICP. I was listening to ICP one day, and i was bored so i started writing, it ended up being a poem/rap about fighting a clown. It's pretty unique. I'll share it when i get the chance.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5599

Welcome everyone! Glad to have you all as part of our online community & family!

Go to page:
Go to: