Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

CrimsonPen
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd June 2016
Forum Posts: 2

Hi! Most people just call me DeeDee. I joined because this seems like an awesome website and I can't wait to really get involved.

poetification
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd June 2016
Forum Posts: 1

Hello my name is Shabine and writing poetry is one of my all time passions. I live through my words, both written and spoken. I feel that it is a God-given talent/gift that needs to be shared with the world. We should use this gift and build it up. Never neglect your gift. I also have a YouTube channel for my spoken word called "Poetification," I hope everyone can support me by checking it out. View, subscribe, like, comment or share. Thank you so much for having me as a part of this group.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Jaykay said:I am an amateur poet. I gave up the idea that I was some undiscovered genius a while back.

A poet that's not dillusional... that's not something you see everyday. I think I should follow this grounded poet.

Don't thank me, you're welcome.

Babyboo_071
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd June 2016

I'm not so good with writing but it's my only escape.
Poetry is the only thing that keeps me sane..  

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Welcome to Dup!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
BSavvy
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th June 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Hello everyone my name is BSavvy and I just joined the site. I was on another site for years until the website closed, I came across this site and it felt similiar so I decided to join. I really like what I see thus far, I still need to venture around a bit to get comfortable. I look forward to reading and commenting as well as writing and posting my own pieces... Can't wait to meet some new poets and who knows perhaps this will be my second home lol....

Writing has always been therapy for me and while I don't consider myself a poet but more of a writer with a poetic feel I write pieces that many can relate to and emotionally connect with and I love reading poems that I connect with emotionally. I have had writers block for a while now, but hopefully my juices will start to flow again. I will post some of my older pieces until my block is lifted and new inspiration comes...

~BSavvy

Forgotten_Flowers
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th June 2016

I'm unsure what I write. Most times its just dark. Things that scare me or life events I'm tired of.
I've never wrote before. But seems to release something that let's me know I'll be OK. Reading some of these poems let me know the darkness is inviting. And I'm not the only one with a hunger for what awaits when the lights go out.
I guess rainbows,unicorns,angels ect. Isn't my thing.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Forgotten_Flowers said:I'm unsure what I write. Most times its just dark. Things that scare me or life events I'm tired of.
I've never wrote before. But seems to release something that let's me know I'll be OK. Reading some of these poems let me know the darkness is inviting. And I'm not the only one with a hunger for what awaits when the lights go out.
I guess rainbows,unicorns,angels ect. Isn't my thing.

We each have our own unique 'thing' and should feel comfortable in that expression. After all, it's that truth to self that
acts as a light to attract the like-mindedness of your tribe.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

BSavvy said:Hello everyone my name is BSavvy and I just joined the site. I was on another site for years until the website closed, I came across this site and it felt similiar so I decided to join. I really like what I see thus far, I still need to venture around a bit to get comfortable. I look forward to reading and commenting as well as writing and posting my own pieces... Can't wait to meet some new poets and who knows perhaps this will be my second home lol....

Writing has always been therapy for me and while I don't consider myself a poet but more of a writer with a poetic feel I write pieces that many can relate to and emotionally connect with and I love reading poems that I connect with emotionally. I have had writers block for a while now, but hopefully my juices will start to flow again. I will post some of my older pieces until my block is lifted and new inspiration comes...

~BSavvy

Since the muse can be quite a taskmaster, it's nice to relax during the breaks and absorb. You'll be producing soon enough. Consider this a vacation.

Welcome to the Deep Side.

pollyannaish_poet
Strange Creature
Joined 10th June 2016
Forum Posts: 12

Hi! My name is "pollyannaish_poet." I've been a lifelong writer, but never written poetry, though I absolutely adore spoken word (check out All Def Poetry & Button Poetry on Youtube for an intro to some amazing poets.) Anyways, I wrote my first poem today, and I'm going to try to write one daily for the remainder of the summer. Hopefully this will be a good outlet for me? Not sure, but I'm excited to see what it brings me!!

timew
Strange Creature
Joined 11th June 2016

Hi, I am writing a country western song and all I have is the last two lines of the chorus which changes 3 times.

3 times the love 3 times the pain
missin' u and u everyday

3 times the love three times the shame
missin' u and u everyday

girl and girl a boy can't say
missin' u and u everyday

Spaldator
Strange Creature
Joined 13th June 2016

Hi, I'm Ben, and I'm here because of facebook
I got this suggestion from a persons first look
At one of my poems about conflict and war
A poem of which nobody had seen before
I am down for criticism, I'm willing to learn
I'm hoping my poetry will just help me earn
I like poems that rhyme, though to some it's a crime
But I'm hoping my skills stay long term.

PTG_LuCiD
Strange Creature
South Africa
Joined 14th June 2016
Forum Posts: 13

Hey DU,

I'm know as LuC!D as I would like to become lucid(to shine from within). I have written a few poems here and there, and as a kid I had a poem published. I was introduced to DU by Deadlypenguin (check her out) and hope to bring some interesting poems to the site.

Lord_Carroll
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 14th June 2016

I found this site after searching for the word underground. I've been writing poetry for six years now and I began to write my heart out for people. I hope people end up likng my work! Looking forward to reading other poems. I just read one that was really good.

Go to page:
Go to: