Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

Slugrat
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 21st Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 1

I've just been thinking about getting into poetry and thought I'd join this website

Strange Creature
Joined 22nd Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 4

Hello. I was thumbing through an external hard drive, and I found some stuff I'd written a while back - stuff I can't exactly post on Facebook. So after a quick Google search, I found this site - thank you. Now I just need to figure out how to post a poem; if people like it, then I'll post more.

KiKi_Shynelle
Strange Creature
Joined 22nd Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 3

#NiceWebsite

My name is KiKi_Shynelle, been writing poetry for a few years , love being able to use my poems to be able to truly express myself...

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Welcome, everyone!

HannahHebditch
Strange Creature
Australia
Joined 28th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 2

Hi, I'm Hannah, 16 years old, live in Australia and obviously really like poetry. Excited to join this site :)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
whosaskin
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 29th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 3

As you may have guessed my name is Christian Askin.  I was born and raised in the desert of Tempe, Arizona, yet unlike the dry place space I grew up in, my mind has always been watered with life and color.  In many cases my life has mirrored the dichotomy between my inner self and outer world.  I am a party animal and book worm, a rebel and a government worker, a world traveler who never moved away from home, a business man and a spiritual seeker, a rapper and a poet, a lover with a broken heart, and I am Christian but I am not Christian.

However it is this ying and yang that has inspired much of my unusual thinking and creative perspective.  From a young age I refused to accept the status quo.  If there was a belief system I questioned it fervently, I argued unabashedly, and I was the devil’s favorite advocate.   At times I found myself in principles offices, handcuffs, and fat lips, but I hold strong and fast to what I believe, and I’m not afraid to say it.  My way of living has found me the greatest friends on Earth, and bitter foes whom I’ve left behind.  However that is the consequence of fully embracing you.

As I became older and grew more comfortable with myself, my beliefs, and my world my rough edges grew softer.  I found a sense of touch .  With the help of some influential teachers and authors I began to articulate myself with greater civility, poise, and empathy.  My innate ability to read others was no longer used to push buttons but to water desires.  I began to see the beauty in forging positive relationships with all others, and now it is my personal belief that everyone is a potential friend.

At 18 I actually became a devil; a Sun Devil.  I spent the next four years studying business at Arizona State University with a stretch of yoga, dash of dance, slice of poetry, and head full of philosophy thrown in.  In these four years I began to develop a sense of spirituality, something that seemed foreign and ridiculous to a younger me.  Being exposed to great minds and the nature of our reality has filled me with so much gratitude and joy it has often times brought me to tears.  Now, I am on a personal quest to discover the essence of things which I expect will be a lifelong journey.

I have been slowly scouring this Earth one country at a time since I was a young boy, and now I have achieved my goal of working abroad.  Currently I am an English teacher at a middle school in the South of France by day, and an avid artist and creator by night.

I have been given the miracle of life and the ability to consciously perceive it, a gift that took billions of years to come to fruition, and somehow here I am stroking keys and talking about myself.  This world is beautiful and wondrous and full of mystery, and I want to drink in every drop of its sweet nectar even if I have to squeeze it out.

If you find something of value here that would make me truly happy.  We all have our gifts to give in this world to give, and I am audacious enough to think perhaps my way with sounds and words is one of them.

Eyewillnotcry1973
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Apr 2016

Hi All

I found this place after looking for a possible publisher for my poetry - I consider it on the darker side - but after reading some of the amazing work on here, I think I may have to reclassify!

My blog is a wordpress site called eyewillnotcry if you want to google it - it is a blog of poems inspired by songs I love - I link a youtube clip to the poems I write so that the reader gets a bit more of an experience - feel free to drop by and let me know your thoughts!

You can even submit to be a guest poet if you would like!

Cheers
J

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Yet another delusional poet that has aspirations to be published...

DU will break your spirit in time.  Here, take this pill, tattoo this barcode to the back of your neck and pierce your genitals.  Now you're a real dark poet.

Welcome to DU and good night.

Eyewillnotcry1973
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Apr 2016

Thanks Alex - I see DU is the poetry equivilant of Squareball forum in the football world - advice taken and noted!

Cheers J

eyes2die4
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 4th Apr 2016

My name is Don, I am 49 years old and have been divorced for about two years. I write all kinds of poetry, some of my writing is even religious in nature. I feel that everyone has an erotic side and it needs to be explored. It does not have to be a dark thing, it can be a very beautiful thing, especially when shared with someone you care about. I joined this website to hopefully express my inner most desires and cultivate healthy erotic expression.

Thank You

placebo
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 4th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 18

hello everybody. i'm a sad college student trying to find healthy release. i was on here a long time ago and the site seems really different now in a good way.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Hmm... is "healthy erotic expression" and "healthy release" kinda the same thing... this place sure has changed, people are getting divorced before they join... BOOM! BOOM!

Welcome to DU!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

placebo said:hello everybody. i'm a sad college student trying to find healthy release. i was on here a long time ago and the site seems really different now in a good way.

Welcome back ... Please stay, and share.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

eyes2die4 said:My name is Don, I am 49 years old and have been divorced for about two years. I write all kinds of poetry, some of my writing is even religious in nature. I feel that everyone has an erotic side and it needs to be explored. It does not have to be a dark thing, it can be a very beautiful thing, especially when shared with someone you care about. I joined this website to hopefully express my inner most desires and cultivate healthy erotic expression.

Thank You

Religious erotica ... Oh yeah, you're my kinda poet ... Welcome

Go to page:
Go to: