Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

bethyboo1122
Limerence
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 6th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 4

Really thinking about getting into poetry more, so thought I'd give this a shot.

edwardsbragia
Strange Creature
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 3

Hi, I'm Edward, and joined the other day. This site is the kind of thing I was looking for: a way to 'publish' writing that otherwise probably wouldn't be accepted. For the past year I've been writing a lot, just to express some feeling that's true to me.

I hope this site is a good one, and will try to use it a fair bit

Antoinettrios
Strange Creature
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 1

How can I get credits?

shakka
shauna
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 25

Hi.  Newbie Shakka.  Grad school and part time designer.   I can't figure out how to post for the competitions - Help!

poeticvsshole
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 7th Aug 2015

Ello. I'm Daisha, Dai for short (like Day). I'm going to try this out in attempts to be more open when it comes to sharing what I write. Plus I want to check out a poetic community.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

shakka said:Hi.  Newbie Shakka.  Grad school and part time designer.   I can't figure out how to post for the competitions - Help!

Hi Shakka,

Welcome to DUP. Here's how you do it:
1. Click on the Competitions button on the top right page next to Forums.
2. Click on the comp that you want to participate in.
3. Copy and paste your entry on the Quick Reply section at the bottom of the comp. page. You can do this by highlighting the entire content of your poem, then hit Ctrl-C keys simultaneously to copy your poem from your word processor (or simply click on Edit/Copy) and then go to Quick Reply Section, position the blinking cursor and hit Ctrl-V keys to paste your entry.
4. Click on Preview to see the result or edit your newly posted entry if you need to.
5. Once you are completely satisfied, click on the Post Reply button.

Hope this helps...let me know if you need to learn something else!

Engr.VV

Lola_Monroe
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 7th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 5

Hi, I'm Lola from the UK, music teacher by day, and aspiring poet in my spare time. So glad to have found this site, and am enjoying reading some of the great works on here.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Antoinettrios said:How can I get credits?

Do you mean rewards?

1. Read a lot of poems on a daily basis leaving comments at the same time. That will give you Top Critiquer of the month.
2. Join the competitions. Winning the comp gives you 1 point.
3. Participate in the poem reading challenge to earn another point.

By the way welcome to DUP, Antoinettrios...enjoy the ride!

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2784

Lola_Monroe said:Hi, I'm Lola from the UK, music teacher by day, and aspiring poet in my spare time. So glad to have found this site, and am enjoying reading some of the great works on here.

Welcome to Deep Underground Poetry, Lola! It is a lovely site filled with tons of fantastic poetry and many talented poets and writers. I am certain you'll have a great time here indeed... it is easily my favorite poetry site out of all the ones I've been on and frequented. Music is a great thing, and being a teacher takes a great deal of love for the subject you're teaching! I've actually written quite a few songs that I've posted here on DUP. You can find them if you check out my poems, they're mixed in with all my other released stuff. If you love music, I'm sure you'll adore those. :)

ifwinterends
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th Aug 2015

I'm Brianna and I just joined today! Happy to be here

siseanako
Strange Creature
Joined 9th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 3

Hi...everyone!
I'm Leng, I like reading poems and sometimes write my own stuff too. Poetry is like a therapy for me. It helps me overcome my fears, anxiety and inferiorities. Its my fairyland...its my first time to join a site like this! i hope people here will accept me.

Publisher-Joe
Strange Creature
Joined 9th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2

Although I am not a poet, I am a writer covering a variety of topics - primarily motivational nonfiction.  

I am also the 3rd party in a chain of poems from an obscure author known as Terrace Stone.  A few of these poems, were compiled by a second party (the custodian of the writing for 20+ years who wishes to remain anonymous) into a short book called the Testimony of Terrace Stone, who then gave them to me and asked me to share.  

I really didn't know what to do with it, so we self-published the book and placed it on Amazon.  As I said, I am not a poet and do not understand much of these writings, but some of the phrases haunt me and, considering their age and the manner in which they were supposedly written, they seem somehow "important" for lack of better word.  They may be welcome fit for Deep Underground.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
infinitebeauty1
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 11th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 12

hey there. i am a former member (that sadly cannot get into her old account) so i made a new account
but my old username is noirvixen. i first joined in 2012! and am back to add more poetry after a break

Publisher-Joe
Strange Creature
Joined 9th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2

Sorry.  I did not think my original intro posted so I posted another before noticing the order of the posts.  Anyway, didn't know how to delete the second post (below), so I guess we're stuck with it.

Sorry to introduce with a poem but this may be the best way to introduce Terrace to DEEP UNDERGROUND:

Millstone Pharisees

Fail fearless night,
oh,
this phantom of men,

Of demented delusions father gave him.
When the playground's full –
oh,
who to kill then?

Mad children must force
what they can't comprehend.

by: Terrace Stone (1988-ish?)

Go to page: