Go to page:

Bottled Up Thoughts And Poetry

russiamagda
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 20th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 83

It does, but the way I write is highly symbolic and metaphoric, so the concept I'm spewing out is among the words, and that's the way I like it, so it isn't too blatant, and still remains slightly personal.

underground_pyro
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 13th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 6

It helps me briefly depending on what I wrote about.

hannamannatu
Strange Creature
Joined 13th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 2

I use poetry as an outlet for my emotions most of the time. Its a form of art that's like painting with words it says everything you need but leaves things open for interpretation. It's like screaming of the highest cliff and letting all that energy and emotion out but through typing and paper.  

HaiItsMo
Mo
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd May 2016
Forum Posts: 33

I write because I'm scared that if I say what I write, people wouldn't like me or look at me the same.

Baskingelf
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd June 2016
Forum Posts: 3

I use poetry as an ultimate expression of the utilization between my heart and mind.

adozenfeathers
Strange Creature
Joined 2nd June 2016
Forum Posts: 1

its whats within that counts

iamez
Strange Creature
Joined 4th June 2016

Yes, it has allowed me to express my feelings in unimaginable ways. It allows me to cope with the hardest times in my life, but also rejoice on the happy moments in my life as well. Instead of repressing my emotions and keeping them all bottled up, I can pick up a pen and just write it all down. Definitely a stress reliever.

tobijimi
Strange Creature
Joined 7th June 2016

i think poetry is a great way of self expression and it has helped me to release emotions

poet Anonymous

1000%. Inspiration, Isolation, Hesitation, Fear of the truth, Bold Desires.  Im not trying to do a poem here. I just truly believe ,if you're brave enough to write about your innermost thoughts, feelings. It releases raw emotions. That's poetic justice for me.
I get so sucked in to the ability for people to come together, and be there for each other. Long answer, but I don't give a shit anymore.

lives_and_lies
opal
Lost Thinker
Australia 1awards
Joined 6th June 2016
Forum Posts: 11

More often than not, I find my own thoughts and emotions hard to pinpoint and decipher. And that makes it near impossible to speak about. I find that using written words, I'm able to explain things and open up far more that in person. It also takes away the absolute petrifying fear of my words being rejected and your experiences downplayed. (I suppose that's the way it is when most people my age or those I'm around dont understand my thoughts or problems.) Poetry has helped me a lot in the past and now with deciphering and coping with my minds inner workings

sarahcate
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 7th June 2016
Forum Posts: 7

Definitely.  I find poetry helps me to express things that are too hard, painful or important to just say outright.  Sometimes I can't even process them in my mind until I put them into verse.

HaiItsMo
Mo
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd May 2016
Forum Posts: 33

Yeah I think. It's mostly a coping mechanism because I don't like talking so I write instead.  It's better for me than the alternative way to let out all of my bottled up emotions.

UnderYourSpell
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 21st June 2016
Forum Posts: 50

I'm still letting it out although my traumatic childhood was a very long time ago. I wouldn't say it was bottled up exactly but certain triggers send be tumbling into that bottomless void again and where else is there to spill it out. I suppose it's my version of a private shrink!

LoveIsSkinDeep
Strange Creature
Joined 31st Aug 2016

Unfortunately yes.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: