Go to page:

Bottled Up Thoughts And Poetry

Lxwrence75
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 26th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 6

Do you think that poetry helped you spill out things that you've been bottling up for months/ or years ??

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 922

I don't know if I hang on to many things that long, but probably. The way I use poetry, I think it has that same effect very frequently in a much more immediate manner. Something starts puzzling me/stressing me out/etc and when I find the poetic language to resolve it, I am relieved of the burden. I like to think of this as unraveling paradox.

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

Oh yes but there is still so much I have yet to write about. Poetry does make it easier but you guys won't ever get to all my bottled up thoughts

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

"and if my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine"
-Bob Dylan

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Maybe poetry is proxy blood
That you can spill
More easily

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

That can be said for any art form. It just happens to work for us.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Truth

Sterman_de_Vita
Strange Creature
Thailand
Joined 15th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 7

Lxwrence75 said:Do you think that poetry helped you spill out things that you've been bottling up for months/ or years ??

I'm sure that the case. A lot of my poems flow out of me, almost write themselves, the experience is as cathartic as laughing, crying or screaming. The only problem is that half the time, I don't know what my poems mean.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14528

Maybe you're not supposed to? I believe there are times artists and authors are merely conduits for something greater than ourselves, such as art. Whoever has eyes to see will see; whoever has ears to hear will hear.

InLoveWithJesus
Strange Creature
Joined 18th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 1

Sometimes.

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 196

It certainly helps me convey a message I didn't think I could expand outside of my own head.

HarleyQinn_2
DarkSnake1010
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 218

umm yess.. poems and writing helps me with lots of things like ........
1. depression....
2. Anxiety ......
And Many more

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

mine helps me exercise my demons both past and present

whispellc20
THE LEGEND
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 25th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 4

I think so...I think that's where the bulk of inspiration comes from...I think inspiration does that...it's organic, do it yourself, gritty, nasty, and sloppy, but also pure, I don't think it's ever just there. But yes, a lot of my work is centered around that whole thing, that everything is just bottled up, playing around with different emotions, experiences, until finally...BANG!!! It's there...a seizure of words.

Alibali815
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 3

It's a coping mechanism for most. It hello you spew your thoughts and emotions -- because some can't formulate those thoughts and feelings with human beings. It all has I sow rig hormonal balance and serotonin levels.

Go to page:
Go to: