Forum Posts: 115

I can't think of anything to day

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

Me3219 said:Sure that's a factor,  I don't write to write, I write to release emotions,  I find being drunk helps with that (if you over the legal age of the country your based in of course)

stoned too. but really anything that breaks your inhibitions a bit, getting you out of your head, you know?

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

Write anyway. Give yourself permission to write some godawful shitty poetry about nothing. It's practice. You may stumble into something you like, but at the very least, you will be sharpening the tools that help you mine frustration when you are frustrated, and clarity when you are not.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
xXxDarkKittyxXx
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 29th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 5

Thanks so much! I'll definitely try it and see what comes out. ^-^

Artemios
Thought Provoker
Greece 12awards
Joined 11th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 393

I would say that DUP is the anti- writers block page. For sure the competitions here can help you to fly.
Even though I think that writers block exists only for the professional "writers". You don't have to be stressed if there is a period that you don't write anything. These periods come along for reading normally. It's time for you to read or watch movies. And that will inspire you for sure, hehe :)))

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

Artemios said:I would say that DUP is the anti- writers block page. For sure the competitions here can help you to fly.
Even though I think that writers block exists only for the professional "writers". You don't have to be stressed if there is a period that you don't write anything. These periods come along for reading normally. It's time for you to read or watch movies. And that will inspire you for sure, hehe :)))

amen to that

Artemios
Thought Provoker
Greece 12awards
Joined 11th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 393

dejure said:

amen to that

lol Thanks!

LyricallySpeakn69
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 1

What are some things that you are passionate about? Start there and see where your mind takes you.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Writers block?

USE A FUCKING SLEDGEHAMMER!

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 148awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1808

deleted

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

SatInUGal said:Write anyway. Give yourself permission to write some godawful shitty poetry about nothing. It's practice. You may stumble into something you like, but at the very least, you will be sharpening the tools that help you mine frustration when you are frustrated, and clarity when you are not.

This!  I'm doing a 30 in 30 on another site.  They're good for forcing you to write something everyday, sure there's some crap in the mix, but it's just fertilizer for the seeds of the good ones to come.

poet Anonymous

Yes DUP is cool because, even if you're not writing or submitting poems, you can at least read other people's work & keep your hand in at writing, if you wish to comment on anything. There's no pressure on DUP to write anything anyway because it can be used purely as a social network medium in it's own right. The majority of my poem themes or inspiration, particularly from July 2014 onwards, have come from the amazing people I have met on DUP.

I enjoy sometimes just going to a pub gig & sitting quietly in the corner while wondering what people are thinking. I say to myself, I bet you don't realise I can write stuff too.

i_licked_death
Strange Creature
Joined 21st Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 4

Miss_Sub said:Take a walk. Meet a friend for
Coffee. Cook. Fall in love. Do some gardening. Look at the stars. Hug a stranger. Order a burger. Squelch some mud. Walk barefoot in the rain. Sing in the shower.

Poetry can be found anywhere.  Get outside of your comfort zone.

FreyaJ
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 24th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 22

I find writing haiku and senryu helps writers block...like kick starting the brain....failing that go out do somthing really really dumb an write about the consequences...an example of that is in me next poem "Driving on Acid"
:)

Go to page:
Go to: