Go to page:

Your poems from inspiration?

Zoectionary
Strange Creature
Joined 2nd Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 1

Inspiration can come from anything and everything. Simple things we see, hear, experience daily can turn out to be amazing sources of inspiration. As some said earlier, sometimes the words just flow out. It's like your mind has been working on a piece all by itself and does not want it to be forgotten. Writing is magical. It just happens.

Ron_Poetry23
Strange Creature
Joined 11th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 3

PASSSION OF LIFE..

To achieve something great in the world you need PASSION.. To fulfill that vision, a great leader’s courage comes from PASSION  Whatever it may be, you must find your PASSION.. If PASSION  drives you, let reason hold the reins.....
Never underestimate the power of PASSION.. Without PASSION  religion is spiritless Without PASSION history is meaningless Without PASSION art is useless....
When you take up a mission with PASSION.. There are no dreams too large No innovation unimaginable No frontiers beyond reach...
Our passions are the winds that propel our vessel Our reason is the pilot that steers her Without winds the vessel would not move Without a pilot she would be lost...
There is no end and there is no beginning There is only the passion of life PASSION is universal humanity Passion is the genesis of genius Follow your PASSION and success will follow you...PURPOSELY PURPOSED..

justannie
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 11th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 5

I tend to muddle around with things that are relevant to my personal life in some measure, use lines I have kidnapped from things I have written years ago and seem to cling to without properly placing them into a new composition. Re-write a situation until I feel like, maybe, just maybe I've expressed my line of view. So yes to answer, a portion of it comes from personal experiences and inspiration derived from that.

However, some of it is just a fictional story line I decided to try to place myself in and write from said perspective. Usually, that's more of an exercise I try to just play with my writing ability. I don't really tend to think myself capable of 'instant' poetry so to speak, so even if I have a thought for a line or I just slam something out at random I go back later to butcher it and try to find inspirational value in it since I feel like I write best when I am emotionally invested in what I am writing.

positiverebel1
Strange Creature
Joined 31st Aug 2016

I started my writing career in 1988. I won the Golden Laurete Poet of the Year award. I became words the feel of soul and spirit and it became a a living feel for me. My late Sister Shelia who died of starvation and pneumonia became the my inspiration my backdrop of courage for all I felt in inspiring me to write

Lylarose
Lyla
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 17th May 2016
Forum Posts: 7

For me I started writing when I had so much stuff going on that I couldn't explain anyway else (Ex: my date to prom was mentally unstable and threatened to kill me and brought a knife to prom... I didn't know until my friend took the knife away from him) my anxiety and.... It just helps

UbiquitousVoid
. . . . . . . . .
Thought Provoker
United States 11awards
Joined 11th Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 245

It is much easier for me to write when inspired by something, and often times the finished product is much longer. When I must create without inspiration, it is more taxing on the mind, and is usually shorter.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1688

I consider the creative process draws on 8 faculties of the mind, of which inspiration is one (Will, Soul, Inspiration, Intuition, Imagination, Instinct, Intellect, Body). Inspiration appears both as an experience of 'grace' (i.e.: out of the blue) and also when I am regularly 'at my desk'. I find inspiration gives me an overview of a poem in a flash as well as helps when trying to get a particularly sticky line 'right'. So, to answer your question, inspiration might well be behind the 'thought' or 'imaginative idea' that is feeding an emerging poem.

DeanCassidy81
Strange Creature
Joined 25th Apr 2017

When I write its mostly things that happened in life.

SamiBmuse
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 9th July 2017
Forum Posts: 63

I definately get most of my poems from inspiration, i seem to be very inspired by a person at the moment! but sometimes, i can see something that inspires me, or think of a word, and then i have a poem, or story inside my head ready to go, sadly though, not always a pen when you need one, or even a dead battery n your phone..... the one that got away haha

Thetravelingfairy
Fire of Insight
United States 14awards
Joined 12th July 2017
Forum Posts: 252

I find that my best poems come out of nowhere, I don't need to sit and think what to write, it just comes like word vomit right then and there. I guess there's some sort of creative trigger, be it stress or a situation you're in. Poetry just happens and you follow wherever it leads.

Piegoose
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 24th July 2017

I haven't written much, but 2 of the 3 I wrote for college and were more experimental research poems. The third poem was just from my thoughts/perspective on things that I randomly felt compelled to write.

GChordBlues
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 3rd Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 22

I write best when I'm at a low point, almost like I'm taking every negative emotion and creating something everyone can read and get something out of.

Go to page:
Go to: