Go to page:

Your poems from inspiration?

KnightHawk
Michael N
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 2

I just started writing some poetry and it seems the first few poems I had inspiration. A person I couldn't get off my mind.

My question is do you use inspiration for some or all of your poems or do some of them just seem to get started from a thought?

Simplepasserby
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 41

Depends, my inspiration comes from everything, it can be a person, a thought, Even a housefly going about his day. It just depends on what sets off that spark of creativity. If you set your mind free, you can find inspiration for even the most dramatic poems, in plain sight.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

I agree with Ace: look around you, look inside you, think. Oh, and poetry doesn't have to be all about tortured emotions.

Macbeth
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 1

my poems come from an inner voice, inspiration or random thought that gives birth to my grotesque and beautiful writing.

AndyWritesPoems
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 31st Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 12

My first poems came from loneliness but after around 2 years since I started really writing them (I wrote 1 or 2 throughout school but never quite connected with poetry)

poet Anonymous

Hello, i am new here..
However most of my writings are life events, yet others are thoughts of local and world events,and how I view them....

sw33tness
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 9th Feb 2015

I write poems as a form of expression. I write truth and how I feel especially at a specific point it allows me pour out my heart or emotions. Writing poems help me release any thing I have bottled up whether it be happiness, love, loneliness or pain.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Usually I get stuck on an idea. Then I mull it over a bit. Then push it down into my stomach... and if it won't go away, then I write down words until it feels better. Inspiration however, is everywhere. Whether it be gardening and seeing something grow to something somebody says to me in conversation.  The possibilities are endless, and there is no right answer. That's why I love it.

tinkerer74
Strange Creature
Joined 14th June 2016
Forum Posts: 3

my first ones were about a certain person, then it progressed to just enjoying the process and anything can end up on paper these days, even the wind.

vessa07
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 5th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 4

My inspiration is my writing... see for me my writing comes from an embryo it has some of my DNA but is its own beast rather than inspiring my writing I become inspired by it-to experience more fully and to take risks that my subconscious desires but the vessel that has become my body and mind is the cage suppressing this power that lies within...

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 372

I listen to music when i write to help bring out my emotions. I find this to be quite effective. usually i find stuff from this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5nc_ZtjKW1htCVZVRxlQAQ

beach
Strange Creature
Joined 15th July 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Sometimes late at night when I can't sleep and I just feel like writing something. For me the words just flow out and I can't sleep till it's out and my creativity has settled.

Chelsea1106
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 23rd July 2016

Wow, I love your response

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Trigger comes unexpectedly, but I find it easier if there is a stress to do so, like when there is a deadline for a.comp. other wise, I just procrastinate.

Go to page:
Go to: