Page:

Submissions for publication.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

This publisher has a variety of journals catering to many styles.  Submission process is FREE!

http://prolificpress.com/

They just started publishing a dark - scary journal:

http://jitterpress.com/

Good luck!

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

You know I was sitting on the crapper just the other day thinking about publications, old school short story and poetry magazines... I bet you couldn't guess what I was reading to spark that moment of inspiration. [that sounds like a great DU book review thread... what are you creative bastards reading on the crapper?]

My apologies for taking this thread where no respectable forum thread regarding publication should go. The jitter press mag looks interesting, but expensive. I'll have to take a closer look to see if they publish an e-mag version.

PsychicApocalypse
Darker Half
Dangerous Mind
Belize 30awards
Joined 5th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

Where can we submit our pieces to Jitterpress?

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

You have to register with the magazine ... It's pretty straightforward once you're on their site.  Once you've set up your registration you can upload your scribes.  Each publication varies on the number of submissios allowed; but it seems like 3 - 4 is the working number.

They don't offer editorial comment so proof your work carefully.  They'll contact you via email 4 - 6 weeks later.  It's straightforward : ACCEPTED or REJECTED ... no fluff.

Good luck!

PsychicApocalypse
Darker Half
Dangerous Mind
Belize 30awards
Joined 5th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

Great. Thanks Lobo!

kaharrington
K. A. Harrington
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 29th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 5

Well, that's cool! I'll keep them bookmarked for later. Thanks for the info! :)

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Just bumping this because I just got word Prolific Press is publishing one of my poems in their journal, Poetic Quarterly.  As I've often said when I post this kind of info ... There's some GREAT talent here on DUP and I hope more of you take the time to share your phenomenal work beyond this site.  

Prolific Press is small, but they seem truly committed to getting new voices out there - and it's FREE to submit!

Doleuche
Strange Creature
Joined 25th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 4

This is good. Thanks

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Just a note: the publisher is not a fan of "love poems" - so before you submit those odes written in times of joy or sorrow try to find something else.  The one noted exception mentioned on the site is for their Tanka Journal.

Salud

RuthButler
Ruth Sandoval- Butler
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 14th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 4

Thanks I am going to start submitting some poems to Jitterpress... wish me luck!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

RuthButler said:Thanks I am going to start submitting some poems to Jitterpress... wish me luck!

Good luck and welcome to DUP!

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013

Thanks brotha LSP for the encouragement and frequent nudges to get my stuff out there. I just got notified by Jitter Press that one of my pieces is getting published in their next issue. Most likely the Playground Shooting short story, haven't had a chance to check out the issue. I've had no luck with another publication run by Prolific Press, I got rejections for what I thought were a couple of solid pieces. So I thought I'd take a closer look at what they want in regards to poetry by buying one of their issues and then submit a couple more poems for their consideration.

To all you other dark murdering bastards and vampire princesses on DU, I encourage you all to have a crack at submitting your own blood thirsty poetry and short stories to Jitter Press and similar publishers. Good luck!

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013

Heh, heh... It appears I've jumped the gun in assuming an email from an editor advising me my work would be published in their forthcoming issue of their publication, that it meant exactly that. It turns out there were other writers who received the same email, only to find when they openened a link to the proof of the next issue of Jitter, that their work was not amongst the short stories and poems being published. 😃😃😏

However, when I was flicking through the proof for Jitter Issue #3, I found that one of our very own writers from Deep Underground had scored himself pole position on PAGE ONE of the publication, for an awesome short story he previously written for a Flash Fiction comp. Well done Lobo!! Great to see that short story get the recognition it deserves.

Page:
Go to: