Go to page:

Is it OK to be negative on DUP

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

There is no fucking crying in baseball!!!!

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

If you can dodge trafic, you can dodge a ball

Always with the negatives

poet Anonymous

I luv bawllz.
Butt knot lyke gyrls lyke em.
Evenz gott bawllz.
Rottun haz bawllz.
Sum uther dudez have 'em here.
Sum ladeez have 'em.
Sum gyrlz have 'em.
Sum peeple grow dem.
Sum peeple looze 'em.
Sum peeple never had 'em tew begin with.
Catphish haz nutts.
Cody duzn't have them.
Butt she Axe lyke itt.
Bee nyce.
Karmah haza weigh uv crushin' nuttz.
Eye have gud karmah.
My nuttz r full.

poet Anonymous

Critiquing does not have to be publicly.  Especially if it's the first time one is editing/helping/critiquing that person and you don't know their insecurities or confidence level, maturity to handle something so subjective, even though it's meant to be objective in a public forum or under their comment section viewable by all.  Most often its best to do via private message.  Mentoring is a huge influence in shaping and moulding minds and the reward of paying forward will pay itself.  

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

Putting aside the censored comments of Jack that if we had the right we formerly had to review them, we'd notice how those particular comments in question do not violate any community standard but point out the obvious truth regarding Lavender and Co. were censored....

Thank you Johnrot, good to see somebody else that isn't full of shit and stands by their comments publicly. It's one thing to express an opinion, but another to stand by it.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

AscensionES said:Putting aside the censored comments of Jack that if we had the right we formerly had to review them, we'd notice how those particular comments in question do not violate any community standard but point out the obvious truth regarding Lavender and Co. were censored....

Thank you Johnrot, good to see somebody else that isn't full of shit and stands by their comments publicly. It's one thing to express an opinion, but another to stand by it.

The comments violate a community standard of not subjecting others to personal attacks, or having to be a victim of attacks.  There's a vast difference between stating an opinion, giving your two-cents, and going for the jugular, in print.  

The comments also violate "truth" in the respect that they are a twisting of the truth to make it say something just different enough than what it actually is, or is intended to be, to make it look like there is some big conspiracy going on, when in fact, there is not.

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013

Delete that emailed web-mistress approved-response and say something of worth for once.

Lies, I've seen far more inappropriate comments that go unpunished, how convenient that the only comments worth deleting barely violate your community standards but place you in a questionable light.

Relax.. Cover your tracks, I hardly blame you. Damage controlling is a tricky fix.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Evan, you don't have to like the mods. No one is obliged to like the mods.

As for 'censoring', any member who has earned themselves a permanent ban will have had to been pretty busy stirring trouble. Rest assured that they also were warned. Coming back under a new account is not tolerated. I recall a lot of complaints about how persistent plagiarizers and trouble-makers returned, and how the mods should clamp down on them. No picking and choosing rules, people.

A little respect please, for people who are here on a volunteer basis, and have far more information at hand than non-moderators, not to mention patience. These threads are NOT for debating our decisions after the fact. We go to great lengths to be fair, to create a good atmosphere, to encourage writing growth and *gasp* fun. If you disagree, there is the door. Bam. Done.

In short: stop whining and go write something worth reading.

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013

That's the spirit, a particular group in this community don't like what you have to say?

Get the fuck out.

poet Anonymous

:::Grabs popcorn:::

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013

Meeting's over, come on back from the water cooler, I'm not done with any of you yet. Either ban me or 'fess up.

Either way you're all guilty.

poet Anonymous

Head to the battle rap comp Ascension... Spit some angry bars with the miscreants

Scenario
MC
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 4th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 1

I think as long as it is constructive and that form of feedback was selected, it should be allowed. I mean, if you can't handle the heat get the hell out of the kitchen, right?

Cheers,
MC

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

it's fucked up but i love it,

the how to act right is bringin everybody out....

tell everybody how you feel!!!!!!

AspiringLibrarian
Rebel Scum
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 31st May 2014
Forum Posts: 16

Atakti said:Evan, you don't have to like the mods. No one is obliged to like the mods.

As for 'censoring', any member who has earned themselves a permanent ban will have had to been pretty busy stirring trouble. Rest assured that they also were warned. Coming back under a new account is not tolerated. I recall a lot of complaints about how persistent plagiarizers and trouble-makers returned, and how the mods should clamp down on them. No picking and choosing rules, people.

A little respect please, for people who are here on a volunteer basis, and have far more information at hand than non-moderators, not to mention patience. These threads are NOT for debating our decisions after the fact. We go to great lengths to be fair, to create a good atmosphere, to encourage writing growth and *gasp* fun. If you disagree, there is the door. Bam. Done.

In short: stop whining and go write something worth reading.

I love you, Atakti, but come on: when I was a mod we didn't even ban a guy who was sending women rape and death threats. Maybe things have changed since I left, but back then the mods were as flaccid as a cheese-grater abortionist. I recall we let said threatener return under new names, (hell, he might even still be here), ostensibly to "collect his poems" then leave, but as much as I was assured he would go, when I questioned him he indignantly told me he'd been led to believe he could stay. I believe him.

The current mods can talk about "respect" all they like, but unless the webmistress has had a sudden change of heart, granted them perma-ban privileges and decided to give the community a minute of her time, things will be the same as when I finally chucked my share of the reins aside. Hell, we might as well have been pulling those reins with slit wrists.

You're right to mention the volunteer status of the mods, though; we weren't even paid to stand around taking the brunt of the rotten eggs flung at the webmistress.

- Jack Heslop (formerly Heslopian)

Go to page:
Go to: