Page:

Open mic with audience & panel feedback ...

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

If you're in the NYC metro area and have ink you'd like to present:

http://www.sneakersandale.com/2014/09/20/sa-presents-dojo-open-mic-w-guest-panel/

It's a four day weekend for me so I'm gonna present a couple of pieces because I like the idea of getting feedback from working artists established within the NYC community

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

bump ... tick tock

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

It was a pretty cool event with judges who laid it out there on what worked and didn't ...

I presented Mi Reina (Eileen): http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/105535-mi-reina-eileen/

Feedback given: overall all the three judges liked the poem; two judges felt I could have put more emphasis into the piece.  
"you have to become the moment and take us there with you" ... That was the feedback from one Andres Chulisi Rodriguez - a very dynamic spoken word poet in his own right.  

Fortunately I had the support of the woman for whom this was written right there with me.

Overall I'll take the comments and learn from them.  It's the only way to grow.

I meant to shout out DUP while on stage, but got caught up in presenting.  Sorry if I missed anyone from DUP who turned out.

Peace.

poet Anonymous

thank's lobo for sharing that info
I really enjoy doing spoken word live and anyone in the Northeast of England can google it and find a good many events coming up to attend. We have a great poetry and arts scene here

poet Anonymous

hey, also
you might consider posting this in the announcements thread, get more attention to it coz I know there's always an interest in help with spoken word

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

You should have posted this earlier mi hermano LSP...it could have been the best time for us to visit New York at this time of the year. I could see that this is an annual event, so maybe next year I could plan for this.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

This particular group sponsors monthly events around NYC ... the next date is Thursday, October 23, 2014.

http://www.sneakersandale.com/sneakers-ale-present-dojo-open-mic-night/

Thanks miki & EngrVV for your advice on getting the word out sooner.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Despite the sage advice given ... I forgot to bump this.  The next open mic is Thursday - THIS THURSDAY!  The 23rd!  

If you're in the NYC metro area and have material !!! ... Pass through ... Be fearless when you present!

Info on the above link!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Bump

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013