Go to page:

What mood are you usually in when you write?

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

The mood I am in guides the poem, but the muse just hits me. I never sit down and try to write a poem, my muse just comes over me. Sometimes my muse wakes up when events around me spark inspirations but there is no rhyme or reason to it.

I think if you always let your heart lead the way you can't go wrong. But if you are always in your head the words are just words without passion attached, empty worthless words...
jj

EmptyTree
Twisted Dreamer
3awards
Joined 10th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 24

I'd say, when I'm miserable.

Extraterrestrial
Strange Creature
Joined 23rd Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 6

I just started writing recently. I am currently writing love poems, and write them only when I feel desperate...

poet Anonymous

Happy

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
whereworthlives
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 18th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 3

Things just seem to flow in a bad mood , mostly dark depress poems. Usually I'm in between moods so I'm not happy or sad and I just flow nonstop . Do you believe in magic...yes I do ...(coldplay) :D

HerBloodlustHair
KilledForCaring
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 16th June 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Usually feel lost, or alone...most my poems are about the distance between a dead loved one and myself, or the fact that the person I'd like to move on with, doesn't love me back...

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

be in a good mood, see some shit that could use changing, write about it.
be in a high mood, write about what makes me happy
be in a depressed mood, write about every dark thing i can think of
be in a bored mood, join a competition

Chiyo
Miss Chi
Tyrant of Words
Germany 19awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 891

It depends. Mostly when I'm sad or sad or sad ...

fieryangelsouljia
M6rr6g6n
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 30th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 263

when i'm miserable, sad, angry, inspired by something, upset, when i feel i need to speak out about something wrong in society, when i'm filled with hope, when i'm filled with loss... so many moods. ithats the life of a poet i guess :)

winterwrought
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 2nd May 2014
Forum Posts: 8

Confident if I've got something. Frustrated if I don't. I need to be at just the right frequency to put out anything worth a damn.

Sympathy used to be an impetus. So was anger. And dissatisfaction. I wish I was more able to tap into those feels like I once did. It's been so hit-and-miss.

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

I find that though the mood affects the
poem, it doesn't affect whether or not
it's written, since every mood has a
poem crying to get out...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
angeleyes322
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 13th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 5

When I'm sad or angry I write the best. I guess it is a way of blowing off steam. But there are certain special events that also inspire me to write. I have started to write books in the past but never have finished them so my poetry is a spare of the moment thing. They are also a way to distract me from hardship or negative life events.

Blackhippy
Strange Creature
Joined 11th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Usually at night time. When ever I'm asked a question, and share my opinion with all honesty.
Whenever i feel drived by a females beauty or oddness. But most definitely
When I were Blue, red, white, and, black, undergarments altogether or other types of clothing.

Go to page:
Go to: