Go to page:

Updates And Announcements

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

And for today's update:  Just some thoughts on the topic of the "DU Welcome-Wagon"...

What is that, you ask?  It's all of us who are already members, and the way we interact with newcomers.  As we have a large, diverse group here, so are the newbies a diverse bunch;  some catch on to the workings of DUP right away, others take a little longer, and some, you wonder if they ever will.  

But the overall point I'm making here, is cut them a little slack at the start.  It does take a little time to figure out how to navigate around here, what's cool and what's not cool, so perhaps we could offer our assistance in a non-threatening manner, to mentor and instruct new members, so they feel welcome?  Most people will usually get it after being given an explanation as to how something works, what not to do, etc., but yes, there are some with whom it takes more than once to tell them, no, you don't have to make a new "look at me" thread, on a daily basis.  

There, it gets a bit complicated, with the repeat offenders, and there's probably many reasons for that from language and cultural barriers, to just plain not getting it.  So what do we do now?  Perhaps the "report" button would be a good start, instead of a go for the throat tongue-lashing?  That way, a heads-up will be given that someone needs additional instruction and we can attend to it.

How about we give that a try?

poet Anonymous

Good words, ML.
However, I am sorry to say this morning I hit the report button on a newbie who posted a comp to write a haiku which would tell how terrible this site is.
He received some entries, but all were responding to him and his mistake, rather than the site.
After several of such poems, he changed his original request in OP. No apology or explanation so far.
Now if the report is viewed, it will seem falsified and unnecessary.

I will link you to the comp in PM and perhaps you can survey the posts and add wise word to the newbie.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Thank you Waterviolet, and I assume you were being tongue-in-cheek with that reply?  But just in case not, I removed it anyway.  

HollyDove--I did see that and thanks!  

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

i only have 9 toes and have not taken a solid shit without an opiate in ten yrs.....

vortexman
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 25th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1260

just avoiding the biker fest this weekend....http://www.wvmountainfest.com

Had a biker f' with me, and I don't really enjoy the noise of it all.......
Probably go see a friend of mine tomorrow.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

co me on now Doc, relax with the sanitizing:

Perhaps the "report" button would be a good start, instead of a go for the throat tongue-lashing

it works it works it works  

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Outside of a group or multi PM option is there a way the site could allow for forwarding PMs as well.  Again I'm asking because these options would help in getting feedback a writer may want from selected members.

Thanks as always with your help on this ML.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

No problem! Sent in the requests, waiting for reply. :)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/lovethph/

got ourselves another scammer spammer

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/lovethph/

got ourselves another scammer spammer. beware !!

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

There's an echo in this here batcave, robin...

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

Ya that lovthph has been sendin me messages wtf is with that ????

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

it'll engage in some small talk then get you to email it. then it'll probably get all your contacts and email them with some sad story that eventually asks you to accept a shit load of money into your bank account ..but you'll have to give it your bank details

I think I've fixed the echo, Bat girl  girl girl

..ok maybe not

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

Ya i figured i am resonably paranoid and asked a bunch of questions and they wont answer so
Fuck her him or them in the goat ass

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

lepperochan said:http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/lovethph/

got ourselves another scammer spammer. beware !!

Yes...giving me all her/his photos too.

Go to page:
Go to: