Go to page:

Updates And Announcements

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

When they came for the avatars, I said nothing.

Then they came for the emoticons.
I still said nothing.

Then they came for all the posters who were grandstanding and making a big deal over censorship as if surrounded with razor wire and sharpshooters.
And yet I still said nothing.

Finally, when I realized they weren't coming for me .....

..... I wrote some more fucking poetry.

Start your own forum, create your own democracy. Life is too short to squander it on trying to perpetuate Freedom of Speech and Expression within the boundaries of a website you ultimately do not own.

Do not make the mistake of thinking you have a stake in the ownership of DUP by proxy of your poetic contributions. You are a guest in someone else's house and you are allowed to hang up your art on the owner's walls. You can easily be replaced by other poets. We are a dime a dozen.

Wipe your own shit on my walls and you would be scrubbing it off with your toothbrush.

Literotica is right down the block for anyone who is compelled to draw attention to themselves in ways other than writing. You can show off all the outrageous envelope pushing avatars and [airquotes]artwork[/airquotes] you care to. Freedom of Speech and Expression is always in abundance. And there are flying shit flinging monkeys aplenty who will use any fucking excuse to flame you and pile on in order to make themselves feel and  appear superior.

Witchhunt, snitchhunt ..... hey, DUP is already one step closer to being the competition rather than beating the competition by being the real poetry site I was hoping I joined.

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 205

If it's refining your poetry you're after...

Look no further.

http://www.pigpenpoetry.com

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

maybe you are in the wrong spot mag?

people were jokin about hairy pussy and here you come all high priest purist poet defining the paramaters of the real poetry site you hoped for....

Do not make the mistake.....blazy bla bah me and my standards blah my walls your toothbrush blah....

after you are done eatin a bowl of dicks, lighten the fuck up dude...

it was already over with.......

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

johnrot said:maybe you are in the wrong spot mag?

people were jokin about hairy pussy and here you come all high priest purist poet defining the paramaters of the real poetry site you hoped for....

Do not make the mistake.....blazy bla bah me and my standards blah my walls your toothbrush blah....

after you are done eatin a bowl of dicks, lighten the fuck up dude...

it was already over with.......

Magnetron said:And there are flying shit flinging monkeys aplenty who will use any fucking excuse to flame you and pile on in order to make themselves feel and  appear superior.

Whatever.

* snaps his fingers like Burt Campbell in SOAP whenever he turns invisible *

People unimportant to me are easily blocked.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012

not that quick off the draw huh mag.....

i get it, add all you want later....

point is we jokin now

don't perpetuate the same cycle you seem so against......

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

johnrot said:not that quick off the draw huh mag.....

i get it, add all you want later....

point is we jokin now

don't perpetuate the same cycle you seem so against......

You aren't making any sense.

If you are having a stroke, dial 911.

And if you don't know the phone number, just ask.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012

you know what it is dude

act like you all about writing poetry
and then double back to add extra comments on your post after the fact
still talkin shit

you ain't slick

you contradict and embarrass yourself

go fn write than

let it go

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

johnrot said:you know what it is dude

act like you all about writing poetry
and then double back to add extra comments on your post after the fact
still talkin shit

you ain't slick

you contradict and embarrass yourself

go fn write than

let it go

I can see you are heavily invested in being perceived as the winner in some kind of argument on the Internets.

Good luck with this.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Magnetron - Didn't Burt snap his fingers and twirl round? That 'what kind of fruit and sexuality/personality' competition just reminds me of another SOAP reference: "my brother's not a fruit". (I cannot seem to find the exact use so the quote and grammar is a little off.)

I always thought a moderator was not quite above and beyond, but outside normal 'ranks'. In that their being a moderator meant their poetry and profile was seperate from their words and action on the threads. So it meant their poems were almost from someone else. But we can hardly have mods with two profiles when there is a desire (possibly?) to cut down on the amount of doubling up with profiles. Can't have the mods literally being two-faced.

Is it not irony that with the extreme and deep delving, in other words shocking your audience with words, and thereby being an individual with an identity it has become all mainstream. Seems to be a lot of people chating in unison for anarchy and being extreme. By that logic being vanilla and not shocking is shocking as it is not expected. Nobody expects the Administrative Inquisition.

Anyway, my point for now is that yes the mods are on high alert, defcom 1, and red alert, as it is sort of recently that there were a lot of trolls. So after the lack of mods at that time, we now have a case of slightly over-eager/ over-present mods. But briging up 'problems' such as censorship and copying does not help the situation, as just when everything seems to calm down another case arises and the 5hit splats back on the fan again.

Its like antibodies and colds/viruses: after a case of one the next is going to be attacked mercilessly.

So Announcement for now: Keep calm and carry on without fear of censorship OR Kick up a shitstorm and ready defense for the inevitable fallout. You cannot have both. Be shocking and get a reaction, or do not provoke and recieve some attention, its that simple really.

End of long boring winded aside.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone moved on.

Now I'm in the mood for a SOAP marathon.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Magnetron said:Didn't you get the memo? Everyone moved on.

Now I'm in the mood for a SOAP marathon.

No I did not, I tend to ignore spam and important mail when in this ivory-ish tower-tall library.

Anyway, do you mean a pure marathon of all the SOAP episodes without a break which may well kill you, or a SOAP marathon of a season or however many you can cram in 10 hours? Personally, for all its absurd story (kinda the point) it is not as draining as Breaking Bad episodes, or as tense and character annoying as Dragons and Tits, I mean Game of Thrones.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

I still have 6 seasons of Criminal Minds to power through. Afterwards I might need a major brain flushing with at least one season of SOAP per day until finished.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Update:  Spammers

I'm sure most are aware that it's been raining spammers around here for the past month or so--we seem to have at least 2 new profiles and sometimes up to 4, made on a daily basis for posting all the garbage that they do.  Doesn't take long to get rid of them, and many thanks to everyone who hits the "report" button to give a heads up.  So I'm just sending out a friendly reminder, to never click on any of the links that these idiots with obviously nothing more productive to do with their time, are posting in their spam threads;  you don't know what it really is, or what it will do to your computer or iPhone, or whatever you use for internet.  And I'm sure most people do know that and "get it", but there's always bound to be some overly-curious person who feels compelled to click the link, so if you really can't help it, at least go use the computers at your public library so you don't screw up your own electronicals.  

So yeah, we're (constantly) working on the spammers, keep hitting that "report" button, and Happy Holidays to all who celebrate the holidays.

Carry on!

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

In WWII Spam was the meat of choice for soldiers in Hawaii

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Announcement:  Today's date is 12/13/14 !  (depending on what time zone you're in right now, of course)  I just thought that was kinda cool, perhaps a little mindless, so I thought I'd share.  

Carry on!

Go to page:
Go to: