Go to page:

Updates And Announcements

poet Anonymous

I wish you were worthy of one of my deep responses...

You're not

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Thank you ladies, this round of jello-wrestling is over.  If people want no rules and complete anarchy, then I'm sure there's a country or website somewhere in the world, where life is a complete free for all, but for now, we have what the Webmiss has outlined for us, and it is what it is.  In fact, over at NIN.com, where I came from, there's a thread in the forums called "The Shitlist" where complete lack of respect, rules, and anarchy reigns, and you can say what you want about anyone or anything without retribution, since that's the premise of the thread. That's a good place to let it out, so we can keep this site focused on writing without the flaming....just sayin'.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

Ehh...tried to refrain. I didn't.

Ok, the tattle and snitch thing: you all know exactly what is meant by those terms. Silly to split hairs over the semantics. For good, bad,.or indifferent, you know what I meant.

Slander...get a fucking grip. It's an anonymous avatar, on an online site... I can say and claim that the you you post under is or did anything I want...if you get so bent out of shape then this is not the place for you. And by that I mean the internet, not this site.

whatever CA...you told, I pointed it out...no big deal, we're just cut from different cloth.

and pass this along to Webmiss:

Whats up w all the fucking cops? Get you on a RICO case or something?

poet Anonymous

bet people over at NIN are celebrating...still.

too bad for us poor DUers

but my place here has nothing to do with you and my presence is a benefit to the site since I write, read, critique, and hold comps..you are so out of line it is despicable

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

I beg to disagree lightbaron, though true it is hardly slander: more like trolling. And trolling/ copying is just sloppy, its like the other person cannot be bothered to really attack you. Anywayback to the point, an avatar is not just a condom: something to use, abuse and throw away. An avatar is an extension, an alter-ego, a place for catharsis, or even a set of memes and tributes.
So all in all it is a bit artsy wouldn't you say? So if someone shits all over that and blatently copies it simply because they can, not because of out of tribute or admiration, it can be annoying. The point is that if someone cannot be bothered to have their own dreams and follow their own path, what right do they have to copy someone elses and then act as though it is thier own creation. Plus certain online personalities have traits and styles and do not want to be affiliated with certain things. For example, not all youtubers want to be considered conencted to gaming or working with or for google.

There is always ways to push the envelope and be extreme, but without a reason other than delving deeper and harder, why bother? It can be easy to be vile and harsh and rude, but if that is all you want to do then why not do it in your own time and by yourself, rather than in public around others who do not necessarily want that. Not everyone wants to watch sex 24/7, but getting squeamish and prudish about something different is not always the answer.

The real question in all of this, is why do the interesting stuff happen while I am not watching?

The whole deep, but not necessarily dark, underground has been done before. Short version: you cannot simply do absoutely whatever you want here; there are some rules and guidelines. Embrace and revel in what you can do, not what you cannot.

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

I think you completly mist the point
What is going on here is that avatar would have been
Just fine if someyone would not have cried like
A little baby my ipinyon is if u dont like it
Dont fuckin look no need to squeel like a little piggy
And reck everyone eltses fun

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Is all this actually happening, or have Orwell's nightmares somehow leaked on to the interwebs?
Oh and crazy admirer, snitching in that context wasn't just a bitch move. It also makes you a cunt.
Thats right, I'm an Internet gangster 😎

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012

Where the fucks missy gone??

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16220

Viddax said:
The whole deep, but not necessarily dark, underground has been done before. Short version: you cannot simply do bsoutely whatever you want here; there are some rules and guidelines. Embrace and revel in what you can do, not what you cannot.

You are right. Let's move on, please.

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

Hay grace just a sugestion but if ur gona give
Someyone shit i think u should put up
An angry face its hard to take you seriously
When u are waring that beautiful smile

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>
awww did you fink of dat awl buy urself?? U get a gold star!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Grace said:[quote-279219-Viddax]
The whole deep, but not necessarily dark, underground has been done before. Short version: you cannot simply do bsoutely whatever you want here; there are some rules and guidelines. Embrace and revel in what you can do, not what you cannot.

You are right. Let's move on, please.[/quote]

I agree entirely.  There's not a demon behind every bush, and not everything is meant as a personal affront to everyone, though that's the way of the world it seems;  there's always going to be someone who will be offended by something, and someone who will make something all about them, when in fact, it had nothing to do with them at all.  

Movin' on now!

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16220

Waterviolet said:Hay grace just a sugestion but if ur gona give
Someyone shit i think u should put up
An angry face its hard to take you seriously
When u are waring that beautiful smile

I hate shit taking or giving just wishing for all to move on and enjoy DU as a community of poets and writers. Opinions and debates are good but sometimes it gets harsh.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

C'mon guys, enough said already...let's get down to business i.e., poetry writing! We are all lucky to have a site like this one. Too much bickering will not do us any good. Just like what the madam said, let's move on!

Go to page:
Go to: