Congrats Engr.!!!
A sound mind-Try and keep it My Friend!!! :D

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

It is always sad to see someone go from DU, especially someone who has contributed to this site as much as miki, truly worthy of the lfty heights of the 'tyrant of words' accolade.
Though some part of me sees this as a certain overreaction to recent events. On the other hand it could also be the inevitable or a long time coming and the final straw to break the camel's back.
So if you must go then fare well and thrive.

A new mod? Given the circumstances it sounds a bit like an incentive for people to stay and not flee but focus on the shiny shiny new thing. Though in fairness Vic's actions as a mod are untested but his ability to stay and bring calm if memory serves is attested.

DU is not a site that classifies. Correction, it should not be a site that classifies poets by what they say and write, and thus treat them in a specific way with selective behaviour. When the lines are drawn it is not long before battle and bloodshed.
DU must be diverse and eclectic unless it has a death-wish.
This is not a 'do as you please' site or a 'do or die' site, it is just a website for poetry and for people.

It is my belief that if this site has gone downhill and taken a turn for the worse then that is becuase the focus has been on what the site is, rather simply adding to it and letting it evolve and mutate.

poet Anonymous

Edit:  Vee, I think we posted at the same time, so I wanted to add just a bit more explanation.  Before this incident spilled out publicly, it was going on behind the scenes/PM for well over a month prior.  There were nasty-grams being sent to other members, and I was already being interrogated and having my words twisted around and thrown back at me, via PM by the user-of-interest in this situation, so my (public) response was a product of much of that.  I was the only mod online at the time for a good portion of the public business, so I had to make a judgement call by myself until some back up came along.  I know you understand this, as you stated you have experience in the moderator-arena, but I wanted to add clarification that this isn't a new, recent thing--it's been going on for a while now, just unseen until now.

[/quote]

Thank you for the address ML.

This is a prime example how imbalanced the situation is the way a load is weighted on one person while there are what 6-7 other mods around!  Astounding that no others were available at any point to actually do something to help you out!  
What about Grace, she's on all the time?

I do understand the position YOU are in, and only you!!
Everyone else, they have a long shot to prove themselves if they are worthy of the job!

I'm well aware of how dysfunctional it can be when an owner in this case the mistress (absent mostly)  leaves things to be in the hands of mods and mods basically talk amongst each other implementing rules as they go along depending on the situation and one hand does not know too well what the other hand is doing and then chaos erupts, lava flows everywhere..and then everyone waits for a miracle to happen for some calm seas even though it may be a temporary solution for the time being.
yes i know too well the dynamics and i dont need to be in your secret pms to know what is going on.

But, I'm glad Vic is finally getting his title, even though he's been a mod for sometime now, he can finally have the title under his name officially.  Rightfully deserved!
Good to know he'll be there for you to count on ML.

Congratulations Vic!

poet Anonymous

GLAD TO HAVE VIC AS A GUARDIAN NOW. CONGRATS! :D

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 205

Dissatisfaction will not be tolerated..

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Shhhhh!

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

why are so many fucks given in all the wrong places?

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 205

case28 said:Shhhhh!

Potatoe, potatoe.

Tacere, Tacete.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Vee said:

Thank you for the address ML.

This is a prime example how imbalanced the situation is the way a load is weighted on one person while there are what 6-7 other mods around!  Astounding that no others were available at any point to actually do something to help you out!  
What about Grace, she's on all the time?

I do understand the position YOU are in, and only you!!
Everyone else, they have a long shot to prove themselves if they are worthy of the job!

I'm well aware of how dysfunctional it can be when an owner in this case the mistress (absent mostly)  leaves things to be in the hands of mods and mods basically talk amongst each other implementing rules as they go along depending on the situation and one hand does not know too well what the other hand is doing and then chaos erupts, lava flows everywhere..and then everyone waits for a miracle to happen for some calm seas even though it may be a temporary solution for the time being.
yes i know too well the dynamics and i dont need to be in your secret pms to know what is going on.

But, I'm glad Vic is finally getting his title, even though he's been a mod for sometime now, he can finally have the title under his name officially.  Rightfully deserved!

Congratulations Vic!

There are changes going on as we speak, Grace and Atakti did indeed come to the rescue, even if they weren't "seen" as I was visible, but I can assure you and everyone, that issues are being addressed, on all fronts.  As such, it is time to put this issue to rest and rehashing it really serves no useful purpose at this time.

And yes, Congrats to Vic as we move forward.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Viddax said:

A new mod? Given the circumstances it sounds a bit like an incentive for people to stay and not flee but focus on the shiny shiny new thing. Though in fairness Vic's actions as a mod are untested but his ability to stay and bring calm if memory serves is attested.

DU is not a site that classifies. Correction, it should not be a site that classifies poets by what they say and write, and thus treat them in a specific way with selective behaviour. When the lines are drawn it is not long before battle and bloodshed.
DU must be diverse and eclectic unless it has a death-wish.
This is not a 'do as you please' site or a 'do or die' site, it is just a website for poetry and for people.

It is my belief that if this site has gone downhill and taken a turn for the worse then that is becuase the focus has been on what the site is, rather simply adding to it and letting it evolve and mutate.

I totally agree with your stance Lord Viddax. The poets' creations should not be censored because that contain their raw emotions and besides that will curtail their freedom of expression. But when attacks to fellow poets whether directly or hidden between the lines of their poetry is clearly visible to intelligent minds, then we must draw a line. That goes true as well with their comments. I, myself totally disapprove of somebody editing my work no matter how bad could it be in their eyes. To me, they are gems because they were written from within my heart. I believe most of us feel the same way. When it comes to writing a novel, then I'll go with the professional editors because I'm just an engineer who knows nothing about such things, although I have written a lot of technical manuals, but they're totally different.

By the way, thank you Lord Viddax...

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

MadameLavender said:
That said, I think we're at the move-on point and now to change the topic, I'd like to welcome Vic/EngrVV to our team of moderators!  In the continuing efforts to make improvements, adjustments, and keep DUP the awesome website it is, we now have Vic as a member of our Mod-Squad, so a big welcome to Vic!

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/EngrVV/  

Thank you Madame Lisa for the warm welcome...much appreciated!

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

souladareatease said:Congrats Engr.!!!
A sound mind-Try and keep it My Friend!!! :D

Thank you Soul...I need your support more than ever!

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Vee said:

Congratulations Vic!

Thank you Vee for your vote of confidence...rest assured that I will do my very best to maintain a proper decorum without curtailing the rights of expression of our fellow member poets. I know exactly how it feels to have your rights being violated upon and that's something I don't tolerate.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

HollyDove said:GLAD TO HAVE VIC AS A GUARDIAN NOW. CONGRATS! :D

Thank you HollyDove...may your wings of wisdom spread throughout the kingdom of DUP!

malin69
malin
Dangerous Mind
France 5awards
Joined 12th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 820

I add my congratulations to others, Vic, fellow engineer, I trust you to get right decisions, your scientific training is a garantee for all of us!

Go to page:
Go to: