Go to page:

Updates And Announcements

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

there might come a day when you got a ghost that need bustin,

and you need a lil dr. peter venkman on your team.............

DiscipleofLife
Fenom
Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 31st Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 95

stinky Pete?

poet Anonymous

Wish we could set up a game like this on the site. Instead of report button, we could click for taser battles.

(The mad laugh of guy in the lower right box is contagious).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeK81dCo0BM

poet Anonymous

This thread has been instrumental in helping me decide to leave the site.

I wasn't going to post here again, but since announcing my departure, the amount of truly heartwarming messages from people have moved me in many ways. I never realized how deeply I have been able to inspire so many with my comments and caring as well as with my own poetry. I've had a few cries at how sad this all is.

So I feel that at least expressing why I'm leaving is warranted.

I want all of you who sent these words to know that they mean a whole lot to me and I'm grateful to you all.

It hurts to see a site that has meant so much to me go so far down. I met my husband here and he is the best thing to happen in my life. I have every reason to feel attached to this place I've met many people here over the years who have given me hope for humanity as well as helped me become a better writer.

I haven't been a target personally of any bias but when the site is being abusive via mods then I take it personally.

It seems to basically boil down to the site having had issues with a few trolls and so now we must tolerate a totalitarian regime that is based overtly on superiority disguised under Christian hatred and an out of control Napoleon complex, from granting power to someone who obviously has no idea how it should be used.

And who's EVERY claimed qualification in life is doubted by me based on my observations.
Educated and professionally employed? Ha. Doubtful at best.

We have always had issues with people here, but when it is a moderator doing these things, they speak for the values of the site as well as themselves.

When new people come to the site and see a  site mod blurting bullshit scripture and tossing their righteous weight around like they reign supreme, then they will assume things about the site and not the individual.

YES, the role of mod should come with a certain understanding that people will see them in the position as representative of the site.

MadameL does a great job when blocking real trolls who are troublesome but at a heavy price.
And then with a backlash of power trip fever she parades around like a neo Hitler.

And since she would like to implement and uphold her self professed American style of management on all us poets, let's try and remember why big companies like Wal-Mart and McDonalds, etc... ALL require employees to be out of company dress before they start doing anything off the clock.
IT REFLECTS POORLY on the company!

The same has occurred here. There is little reading, writing, commenting, or genuine participation in the threads.
There are a small, VERY small few who continue to add their useless comments to threads and I propose that they are a huge disservice to the site when its all that's consistently visible.
Trolls wear many costumes.

It was pointed out by some other members here that the unrest and horrid feel of the site is unsurpassed historically, still what has been done?

NOTHING
And all the talent is seeping out of here so fast its scary.
Look at the place compared to before!

MadameL simply stated that she will do what she does and those of us who resent the freakish control she exerts should be simply grateful for her time and efforts.
And understand that she's human and entitled to feel her emotions and respond as such.

So, she can close threads, block accounts, then proceed to open her threads and spout hatred out , again under the guise of Christianity.

Because of people like this, more people have died in the name of religion than of All diseases of all time combined.
I prefer stalkers.

We have other mods who never have put the shit slinging of their own beliefs into the business of writing here and that support the writers with positive comments and critique.

And they don't raise hands for accolades at the thankless and tiresome job they do freely...
They simply do it because they want to, they care, they benefit us all.

the atmosphere here is at an all time low and the threads are a downright embarrassment to the intellect of our writers. The real trolls are your Jerry Springer types that add complete nothing to this place.
Day and night.

All who are asking me to stay are saying its because of how I have contributed in some positive way to their writing.
When I give my details out at spoken word events and have people come to DUP to read me, only to think I write on some gathering cesspool for idiots, its sad because there are some real gems on here!

Magdalena went completely ignored in her stating the same feelings and she and I have been here some time and never once complained about how the mods behave.
Vee has pointed out as a retort to Atakti, that the mods losing decrum is as bad.
Its sad that all of the comments pertaining to the actions of the mod lately have gone ignored, but they exist. Read back on this thread.

How dissapointing that the very ones who should be taking it ALL into consideration from people who never complain, are simply defending the leader of the madness.

I honestly thought higher of you guys.

While back,
We asked that the web miss be contacted regarding a threat and its not that the mods weren't there

In fact, when Evan asked the proverbial (and at this point, highly overused) comment
"Where the fuck are the mods"
The mods were here and I was talking with them
It was the web miss that would not show concern at the time, which is why a good many left.

So...let's please not go there.

Sadly, people today don't stand up for their rights enough and are being herded like sheep to the slaughter. For that reason, people will continue to message me their discontent but few will stand up in public.

But I've said my piece and I certainly hope I'm not censored and the thread hidden, But it would not surprise me.

I will miss so many of you. I've tried to provide peer support, mentoring, advice for new members, and be a valuable part of this community but it looks like I will be of better use elsewhere.

It is with a heavy heart that I wish the best to those who remain.

On DUP, you get what you're given as a leader and to hell with you if you don't like it. Not like we get a vote.

Good luck to everyone
I will be around to finish my competition and work with the poems I have here getting to their final resting place.
Love and light

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Sorry you're leaving Miki.  I know I've not messaged you at all, but I am sad to see you go.  I enjoy our banter in the forum and we have a good friendship and understanding of each other.  Take good care x

poet Anonymous

"It seems to basically boil down to the site having had issues with a few trolls and so now we must tolerate a totalitarian regime that is based overtly on superiority disguised under Christian hatred and an out of control Napoleon complex, from granting power to someone who obviously has no idea how it should be used.

And who's EVERY claimed qualification in life is doubted by me based on my observations.
Educated and professionally employed? Ha. Doubtful at best.

We have always had issues with people here, but when it is a moderator doing these things, they speak for the values of the site as well as themselves.

When new people come to the site and see a  site mod blurting bullshit scripture and tossing their righteous weight around like they reign supreme, then they will assume things about the site and not the individual."

----- It would be nice for the newer people (me) to get further details on this, Miki... If this is a Christian poetry site..... then OOPS.... I'm definitely in the wrong place.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Excuse me. I will speak for myself then. I try my best to be fair, to hear concerns, to monitor the nasties.

I am neither demanding accolades nor a pat on the back. I would, however, appreciate members stop complaining on the  threads. There are channels in place to deal with any concerns, please use them. If you have a problem with a specific mod, you can approach a different one or the Web Miss. Be aware, however, that in general, mods will not and can not respond effectively if it has to be in an atmosphere of constant criticism. Which brings me to the very public threads.

This latest round of negativity on the threads is now leaning towards destructive. The finger-pointing is worse. Yes, this site has changed, and it will change again. That is the nature of it. It is foolish to expect it to stay the same when members set the tone, and members come and go all the time. So do mods. Some are busier outside of DU. Some go then return. And sometimes, when toxic members start a hate campaign, mods may react. I believe ML has held her hand up and heard the complaints about her recent approach to the heated issues. Going over the same topic again and again is not helping.

If you want to go, good luck to you. If you want this site to thrive, feed the writing threads, not the complaining ones. Enough already, don't you think? Constructive action makes this place, not loudly blaring opinions.

poet Anonymous

Atakti said:Excuse me. I will speak for myself then. I try my best to be fair, to hear concerns, to monitor the nasties.
==================

I'm pretty sure you do hear but you do have that nasty PRIDE that makes you waltz in and out without addressing direct issues, pleas and concerns that YOU personally are involved, mind you lately from non nasties and trolls (although i'm pretty sure you are labeling us the truly concerned and productive citizens of Du as Trolls , a fav new word to justify any self righteous act by the orgasmic highs of power trip, that you in particular seems to be on lately.
The word ABUSE, which you carelessly threw around in you last waltz in to make your point referring to anyone who does not agree, obey or follow rules

I am neither demanding accolades nor a pat on the back. I would, however, appreciate members stop complaining on the  threads. There are channels in place to deal with any concerns, please use them. If you have a problem with a specific mod, you can approach a different one or the Web Miss. Be aware, however, that in general, mods will not and can not respond effectively if it has to be in an atmosphere of constant criticism. Which brings me to the very public threads.
==========
Atakti, so here we go, I don't usually call out names on threads nor borrow quotes from anyone when i have to state my case, but i will this time since it seems perfectly suiting at the moment and IN THIS THREAD.  Despite you telling us in your wonderful caring and 'remorseful fashion' that public threads is not a way to address issues but there are proper channels for it.  
It's interesting you'd want to refer to us to deal with it in a private mode, when things may or may not be addressed,  as long as the reputation of the person is not tarnished publicly, is that so?  
Or that the general public may read things which they were not quite aware nor have come to realize the severity of the situation? it seems to be leaning to that in fact.
No one is making new threads to state their plea, this is one thread in making announcements and updates and we're all updating and announcing how we feel and the status of the situation all concerned.

But may I remind you that you are a public officer!!  Serving the public!!  yes, to some degree to the Mistress, but the public gives you the inane power to govern, without the public you end up sitting on the throne of nothingness!

This latest round of negativity on the threads is now leaning towards destructive. The finger-pointing is worse. Yes, this site has changed, and it will change again. That is the nature of it. It is foolish to expect it to stay the same when members set the tone, and members come and go all the time. So do mods. Some are busier outside of DU. Some go then return. And sometimes, when toxic members start a hate campaign, mods may react. I believe ML has held her hand up and heard the complaints about her recent approach to the heated issues. Going over the same topic again and again is not helping.

If you want to go, good luck to you. If you want this site to thrive, feed the writing threads, not the complaining ones. Enough already, don't you think? Constructive action makes this place, not loudly blaring opinions.
================
I find this paragraph so interesting!  It's basically implying again that it is what it is and people come and go, it's how we roll around here, different day deferent member setting the tone...well not much different actually, just choice of approach is different and choice of words are in all honesty.

But how a Mod behaves and addresses the issues are IN QUESTION here, not trolls, or concerns from members!
The INCONSTANCY of mods actions, the brutality of language, the favoritism, and the heavy dose of censorship exercised not just  on 'trolls' but pretty much anyone who voices and states a plea!

(and  you can waltz in when you feel like addressing and correcting me when time permits you from your busy life outside of Du, but actually the truth of the matter is, when you can actually put your pride aside to address in some humanely fashion and hopefully, by miracle in some remorse to care enough to offer amends..without cussing and condescendingly showing who's the tough one around here.)

================

Well at least you exercised control and didn't say, 'If you don't like how things are run here, you can fuck off!'  but it's very clear from the tone and the implication that's EXACTLY what it means by the above.

Blaring opinions??  Is that what you think this is???  REALLY?!  lol  
oh, i think my intelligence just dipped down a few points!  
Facts stare at us every day, you may think most of us out there who mind our own business, contribute positively and rarely get engaged in threads are oblivious of the facts?  Facts have proof, facts are stated, facts are backed by actions and those actions ripple across the board speaking volumes!

Atakti..  (borrowing the quote from a concerned friend on this thread, Mr. disciple, who borrowed from a popular analogy)

:If enough people tell you you're an asshole"...then.  Well, your dear friend Mr. Heslop gently with loving words tried to tell you the same just few days ago..but alas, pride got in the way to acknowledge and respond.
It's time to look yourself in the mirror and see how the fractures are showing and the inability to handle things with perspective and clarity, but then the mirror is cracked from spreading thin.  It's a dangerous place to be when one loses all morality and ethics because of the highs of orgasmic power!

As far as for ML, I respect and command her for taking the time to address with 2 pages on this thread.  I feel she wants to make direct efforts in curbing  the religious aspects of her viewpoints when administrating mod duties, but again we shall see..(well you all will see cause i won't be so present as much)

and in closing, here's something that pretty much states in a capsule:  (the title of the link is an old one, but the meaning of lacrimosa is quite fitting to the content)

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/174783-lacrimosa/

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Thank you Atakti--I agree that it's time to move on.  This site is for everyone, regardless of personal beliefs and opinions, but if those are being used against people in personal attacks, then I'll have to highlight this part of Miki's statement:

"Sadly, people today don't stand up for their rights enough and are being herded like sheep to the slaughter. For that reason, people will continue to message me their discontent but few will stand up in public. "

^^That's the gist of it right there.  Someone actually did stand up for their rights, publicly, based on how they were being attacked, and it happened to be one who's a Jesus-freak, and got slaughtered, anyway, and happened to have "moderator" attached to their username.  If the target were another person, of different mindset and different user-functions, the situation probably would have itself been different.  

Shit happens and it goes both ways, I guess, but enough of beating a dead horse.  Write-on, poets....

Edit:  Vee, I think we posted at the same time, so I wanted to add just a bit more explanation.  Before this incident spilled out publicly, it was going on behind the scenes/PM for well over a month prior.  There were nasty-grams being sent to other members, and I was already being interrogated and having my words twisted around and thrown back at me, via PM by the user-of-interest in this situation, so my (public) response was a product of much of that.  I was the only mod online at the time for a good portion of the public business, so I had to make a judgement call by myself until some back up came along.  I know you understand this, as you stated you have experience in the moderator-arena, but I wanted to add clarification that this isn't a new, recent thing--it's been going on for a while now, just unseen until now.

poet Anonymous

When I first joined www.sherdog.com forums in 03' (still active) I had a 12 YEAR OLD friend who was a mod there. I think we can all agree, that is unsettling.

I just want to make sure I'm safe here under the powers that be. And if this is a Christian website, please let me know. And I will move elsewhere. A lot of my poetry is anti-religious, and I don't want to be banned for that if the mods here are biased.

Thanks,

-JS

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

SugarSkull said:When I first joined www.sherdog.com forums in 03' (still active) I had a 12 YEAR OLD friend who was a mod there. I think we can all agree, that is unsettling.

I just want to make sure I'm safe here under the powers that be. And if this is a Christian website, please let me know. And I will move elsewhere. A lot of my poetry is anti-religious, and I don't want to be banned for that if the mods here are biased.

Thanks,

-JS

No JS--this is an everything site, and I just happen to be a Christian with a strong personality that is not well received all the time by all the people, but that's ok--it comes with the belief-status, and I have no problem with that.  I do have the ability to be able to be among those who are not of the same mindset as me, and also have no problem with that.  My issue stems from being personally attacked because of one's beliefs, regardless of what they are. I can believe in God, and still write some pretty out there, debate-worthy, un-Christian, even horrible or depressing things myself, in addition to a variety of other different moods and topics, but it all serves a purpose for me to continue to grow as a writer, as a human, and evolve and change as life dictates.

I have no problem with anyone else's beliefs or what they write about, but I don't believe that anyone at all should be attacked because of what they write about or what they believe.  Yes there are instances where postings will be questioned, for example if someone posts videos/photos of real death, killing, rape, torture, and promotes that in their writing that goes along with the media, but overall, there is much freedom of expression here.

So find your niche and grow where you're planted, and welcome to DUP!  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16187

You will be alright, JS. We will just move on from the topic and do what we are here for...read, write and hone our skills. Critique and comment on one another's work. Have fun with the competitions and the endless threads.

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

SugarSkull said:When I first joined www.sherdog.com forums in 03' (still active) I had a 12 YEAR OLD friend who was a mod there. I think we can all agree, that is unsettling.

Thanks,

-JS

JS, I can tell that this most definitely not a Christian site, even though some mods have firm beliefs. I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I write very anti-relegious poetry as well. The mods here, along with other members, have been very supportive of my work and other's. But that's just my two cents

poet Anonymous

Damm. 'Dis playce iz deep.
Eye git moondanser gyrl's koncerns.
Weilding powah iza kraft knot tew bee taken litelee.
Eye suggezt sum moderayterz tayke uh sensativitee klass.
Da reeligious kloak iza a tuhl uzed by da devil tew justify.
A klass on huemillitee kan werk wunderz tew.
Eye'm gonna tayke an eenglish klass soon.
Bye da weigh, eye hurd threw da graypvine
dat trollz r reel.
Deyz bin cauzin' lotts uv truble.
Sum peeple have multipul avatarz.
Sum peeple have multipul personayliteez.
Paranoid schizophrenicks have enemeez tew.
Der'z a few uv dem tew werkin in da shadoez.
Catphish went tew sea won wonce.
He hung out in moon park.
Da person wuz a loozer.
Eye kann bee a moderaytor.
Eye don't giva sheet 'bout trophees.
Eye don't giva sheet 'bout popularitee.
Awl eye Kaire 'bout iz feelinz.
Myne.
Und doz uv utherz.
Eyema luver.
I hayte peeple sumtymes.
Butt itt don't last long.
Eye beeleeve in DA Truewf.
Butt youse wouldn't no itt.
Unless uv korse yew reely knew me.
Cody duz.
Lytes out.
Itz layte here.

Rm

PeeS.
Eye wuz Onlee kiddin' 'bout DA moderayterz position.
Eye don't werk fer free.
I werk for cashola.
Butt eye culd syne uh kontrack.
Monknee fer nuttin'
Chickadeez fer free.
Datz sum leericks.

I WILL MYSS YOUSE MOONDANSER GYRL!
NO SHEET.
ONLEE LUVE & A BISKITT.
NYTE NYTE.
BEDBUGGZ.

Pee.DblS.
Eye hayte spell Czech.
Dat sheet messus upp my moejoe.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Ok, the latest update and announcement, is I think we've all said what's on our minds as far as the recent upheaval and response to that situation.  There's a lot of opinions, and a lot of water under the bridge now.  The mod team has a job to do here, both behind the scenes as well as out in the open, along with our participation as members of the site, in general.  Sometimes it isn't always easy to balance all that at once, based on the situation and/or what's going on in life outside of the internet, but we're all doing our best to keep on, keeping on.  We'll keep doing our part, but also please be aware that while we're doing our part, we also are privy to a lot that goes on, that isn't always out in the open, and we do our actions based on what we know to be our whole moderator picture at the time.  We'd also like you all to keep doing your part, as well, by bringing situations to our attention, let us know if we can help in anyway, or if you are dissatisfied with something that we can try to find a solution for, and most of all, keep the writing going--that's the primary purpose for this website, and while there's no perfect community anywhere, I personally feel that we have a darn good one here.  Yeah, we'll hit some speed bumps at times, and people will get offended by something, but the sun keeps rising every day no matter what's going on in the world, so we move forward from there, lick our wounds and get back at it.

That said, I think we're at the move-on point and now to change the topic, I'd like to welcome Vic/EngrVV to our team of moderators!  In the continuing efforts to make improvements, adjustments, and keep DUP the awesome website it is, we now have Vic as a member of our Mod-Squad, so a big welcome to Vic!

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/EngrVV/  

Go to page:
Go to: