Go to page:

Describes your poetry in three words

poet Anonymous

Soul_Man_Ken said:
Awww,  I want a woot. I thought I shot one once but it turned out to be a goat climbing a tree.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

ThePintSizdSlasher said:Random
Painfull
Hotdogs
What could possibly painful about... Oh god, you didn't... No seriously. That's shit might get stuck up there.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

miss
the
point

do I get it yet?

marielavoue
Gypsy Red
Tyrant of Words
United States 40awards
Joined 18th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 905

passionate,
profound
and revealing

MagicianType0
Enjoi
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 369

Not Usually Friendly

AlwaysCaliban
Caliban
Dangerous Mind
16awards
Joined 3rd June 2012
Forum Posts: 2408

The reason I said you missed the point, as many of you did, is because when I created the thread it was so you could describe your poetry, not come up with a clever phrase. If your going to post on someones thread, at least read the subject matter first, not just the title.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012

AlwaysCaliban said:The reason I said you missed the point, as many of you did, is because when I created the thread it was so you could describe your poetry, not come up with a clever phrase. If your going to post on someones thread, at least read the subject matter first, not just the title.

i hear you, and no disrespect. it seems to me that many peoples poetry would be so co-mingled with what they deem as "clever phrasing" that it would be impossible to separate that line of thinking from describing their work

AlwaysCaliban
Caliban
Dangerous Mind
16awards
Joined 3rd June 2012

"Thoughts into words" does not describe your poetry. Can you think of a few more descriptive words Mr. Jackdaw?

AlwaysCaliban
Caliban
Dangerous Mind
16awards
Joined 3rd June 2012

lightbaron said:[quote-125364-AlwaysCaliban]The reason I said you missed the point, as many of you did, is because when I created the thread it was so you could describe your poetry, not come up with a clever phrase. If your going to post on someones thread, at least read the subject matter first, not just the title.

i hear you, and no disrespect. it seems to me that many peoples poetry would be so co-mingled with what they deem as "clever phrasing" that it would be impossible to separate that line of thinking from describing their work[/quote]

Another thought then, if your at a loss for words, then the three top categories you subscribe to would also work

Jackdaw
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 3rd Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 128

Poetry is often subjective and so are interpretations. My intent was not to post a clever phrase but to as accurately as possible describe what I try to write. I had only three words to work with.  My response in turn would not have been so snide were it not for the comments you made in the introduce yourself thread. However, I apologize. Yes, that is a sincere apology because it was rude of me to derail your thread. If you don't mind? I'll try again.

Introspective
Self-deprecating
Flawed

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

Neitzschean, Inapropriate (for this audience), Unknown.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012

AlwaysCaliban said:[quote-125369-lightbaron][quote-125364-AlwaysCaliban]The reason I said you missed the point, as many of you did, is because when I created the thread it was so you could describe your poetry, not come up with a clever phrase. If your going to post on someones thread, at least read the subject matter first, not just the title.

i hear you, and no disrespect. it seems to me that many peoples poetry would be so co-mingled with what they deem as "clever phrasing" that it would be impossible to separate that line of thinking from describing their work[/quote]

Another thought then, if your at a loss for words, then the three top categories you subscribe to would also work [/quote]

again i hear ya..me personally, i am never at a lost for words-drunkenly loquacious-and obnoxious as i am...i think that the confusion or tension here is that there is a world of difference between "your point" and "THE point". it seemed to me that nearly everyone took you fairly seriously and answered genuinely, despite what i see as a pretty narrow view of "point getting"...all this just my not so humble opinion.

AlwaysCaliban
Caliban
Dangerous Mind
16awards
Joined 3rd June 2012

Regardless, it is just merely for the light-hearted purpose of me trying to find new writers to read and comment, I rarely go searching on my own. Jackdaw, apology accepted, though I do not remember any snideness in the introduce yourself thread, my comment was more to ChristianFalco than to you due to the fact that he is a good friend.  

Jackdaw
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 3rd Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 128

I think I'll retract that apology now. Your comments via PMs, PMs that you initiated show that 'respect' as you titled them, is not something you show to others. If I was showing you disrespect, I would have publicly pointed out how you admonished me, and only me, for doing something others had done before in this thread. And done so with no admonishment towards them. I'm not sure why you have chosen to single me out but if you want to consider this disrespect feel free to do so.  

AlwaysCaliban
Caliban
Dangerous Mind
16awards
Joined 3rd June 2012

Jackdaw said:I think I'll retract that apology now. Your comments via PMs, PMs that you initiated show that 'respect' as you titled them, is not something you show to others. If I was showing you disrespect, I would have publicly pointed out how you admonished me, and only me, for doing something others had done before in this thread. And done so with no admonishment towards them. I'm not sure why you have chosen to single me out but if you want to consider this disrespect feel free to do so.  

Oh dear, drama fest, hurry in vultures and take part. We know it's what you love.

But seriously kid, keep PM and forum separate, if you know anything about good manners

Go to page:
Go to: