Go to page:

Why did you start writing?

Pinkspaghetti
Strange Creature
Joined 17th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1

I write because i enjoy putting my thoughts into words. I get a rush when I feel the urge to share what I am thinking its orgasmic.

fred_r_kane
Flat line---------------
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2010
Forum Posts: 206

I started out writing lyrics to help me keep track of and recall the music in my head. I started writing poems because I ran out of music.

storyfly
Lost Thinker
United States 8awards
Joined 12th July 2012
Forum Posts: 82

I started writing poetry when I was ten. I wish I had some amazing story about how I started but it was really simple. One day I saw a really bad poem written by my mom and I said to my self "I can do way better then that." and I've never stopped since.

MrE
C. R. Powers
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 3rd Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 170

I started writing poetry the moment I broke. The moment I saw that I had something I wanted to get out of me. A feeling, an emotion, an experience or just simply a colection of words that have been scattering my brain. By broke I mean the first true lapse into depression. A deep dark cave of welling pain. From there it has all been off and on.

You see no one has ever truly understood me. I'm weird, even I know that. So I guess writing short stories, novels, creating languages, and poems is all a way for me to say fuck you. At least I can do this. Because without writing I would have no goal or purpose, it keeps me sane, and it is the real reason I am alive to tell you this.

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010
Forum Posts: 2329

i started writing poetry very shortly after discovering the joy in reading it. there was so much i'd never seen of humanity's expression being laid right there for me to immerse myself in; had to have a go... it didn't seem unreachable. a lot of times i want to go back to the beginning where i felt i could write about anything.

well. there's a new assignment. [:

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I started writing poetry after my brother and my boyfriend were both killed tragically, I went off the rails for six months and finding poetry was what brought me back and helped me get through and have always helped me through the tough times since.  I wouldn't be without it.

I was 18 when I started writing.

Elyeriyah
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 6th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 8

i was in high school when i first started writing my teacher wanted us to write a poem about how we couldnt write a poem and its been up and downhill from there.

poet Anonymous

I started writing about four years ago, in the middle of literally losing my mind. Going through a complete mental and emotional break down, I discoverd the power of the pin. I had nobody to listen and when they did listen they either didn't understand, didn't care or thought I was nuts. (which I was, but didn't realize at the time). writing became my only outlet for every thought, feeling, desire ect.. There were days during this two year period that I would sit down and write as many as three or four "poems" in one morning. Since I have recoverd from my crisis I don't write nearly as much or as well but it is something I continue to atempt and enjoy. I can honesty say I'm glad it happend, I discoverd a part of me that I otherwise would not have know existed.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

D E L E T E D

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

Writing is, to me, like putting putting dot's, in your life's dot-to-dot, on a page. If you put enough dot's down it stops being a dot-to-dot altogether and becomes a piece of stippled art.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/087/c/3/stipple_apple_by_JasperKahn.jpg

I've always enjoyed playing with numbers[my mum's a math teacher], but the allure I found in words came from the challenge. The challenge to bend them to my will in such a way that people could read what I'd written and actually see what I meant, without the words twisting my thoughts along the way. I wanted people to get a peak at my thoughts in the hope that they'd like what they saw.

Whitewand6
Dangerous Mind
India 16awards
Joined 1st Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

12. seventh standard.in my native language.

why? it burst out of me like an oversized fully grown baby boy
gurgling giggling gyrating. it shot and since then i have been
addicted to the freezeframe of pain pleasure threshold that is
associated with writing. miscarriages do happen. bleed lot.
start over and more giggles. more light. love.

p.s-here is a link. i translated it a few weeks back. the originl text has been cut and pasted. :] my firstborn. x

jigg82
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 17th July 2012
Forum Posts: 73

it didn't cost any money and it's a fun way to learn different word definitions naw mean!

poet Anonymous

I always wrote short stories and poetry when I was little but it wasn't until 2008, when I lost my older brother did I start getting really serious about my work. It was a way to cope with my brother's death and some other things that happen in my life. It saved my life honestly... isn't it great how the art can bring someone out of the dark times :)

kymkym65
Kym
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1369

No one listened to me growing up, so I wrote it all out.  

MrAlptraum
Mr A
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 17awards
Joined 24th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 1878

I started because I could, and I can't paint and my singing is something to be desired.

Go to page:
Go to: