Go to page:

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

please show us your oficial numbers from your .gov site ?

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

ok, Musli knee

http://www.europarl.org.uk/en/about-us/faqs.html#TOP

oficial EU site :

How much do MEPs earn and is it taxed?

"Following the implementation of the single Statute, the monthly pre-tax salary for MEPs for 2015 is Euro 8,213.02.
The salary is paid from Parliament's budget and is subject to an EU tax and accident insurance contribution, after which the salary is Euro 6,400.04. Member States can also subject the salary to national taxes. In the UK the salary is also taxed by the Inland Revenue in order bring the total tax paid up to the level of taxation payable by a UK resident **The basic salary is set at 38.5% of the basic salary of a judge at the European Court of Justice.**
MEPs who sat in Parliament before the 2009 elections were given the opportunity to keep the previous national system for salary, transitional allowance and pensions, for the entire duration of their membership of the European Parliament."

so let's take the after tax wage at €6,400 per month

and multiply that by 12

×  12

=76, 800

..plus expenses @ up to €300 a day sustenance allowance

= ?

that figure is the basic salary for ALL MEP's including Italian

if you already looked it up, you'd have known which begs countless questions about what you think you know

11. How much does the European Parliament cost?

"The European Parliament's budget for 2015 is €1.795 billion. The general breakdown is:
*34% - staff, interpretation and translation costs*
23% - MEPs' expenses covering salaries, travel, offices and staff
12% - buildings
25% - information policy, IT, telecommunications
6% - political group activities"

** there are 28 judges in the European court of human rights. MEP's basic wage of around €76K is equal to only 35% of the judges salary

the kind of extravagance is a huge reason European people have become disalusioned with the establishment

when we look at countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece and many others. when we see the collapse of economies or near collapses  and all the hardships which both bring with it. we cant help wonder what the hell is going on when the parliment telling people to tighten their belts is taking it's own off altogether

I think Europe could work really easy without the parliment or it's money.

you say, democracy. I say democratic tyranny. what else could it be. how hard would it be to have treaties and agreements with our European neighbours.

.you're welcome

poet Anonymous

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

It is what it is.  When one does not hold the power to make the change then one may as well suck it up... It's all corrupt, world wide. Figures, percentages, counts, etc, all have a massive question mark.  Too many lies and suggestions to trick the people.  Manipulation and seeds thrown into the wind, creating divide, hate, discord.... It's all a fucking conspiracy.  You can vote until the cows come home, doesn't mean the count is not fixed.  We're allowed to see some things, but not all things.  We actually know nothing, no matter how much we think we know.

So yeah, disagree/agree all you like.  It doesn't make it right, it just causes aggravation and bad energy, which spreads like a disease causing all of the senseless death that is going on around the world at the moment.  How gullible we are to believe the crap we are being fed by those who have an agenda.    

poet Anonymous

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

IronFears said:

Yes, but how many people belive it and take a decision over the things they have been fed from those agenda.

Too many.

poet Anonymous

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Magdalena said:It is what it is.  When one does not hold the power to make the change then one may as well suck it up... It's all corrupt, world wide. Figures, percentages, counts, etc, all have a massive question mark.  Too many lies and suggestions to trick the people.  Manipulation and seeds thrown into the wind, creating divide, hate, discord.... It's all a fucking conspiracy.  You can vote until the cows come home, doesn't mean the count is not fixed.  We're allowed to see some things, but not all things.  We actually know nothing, no matter how much we think we know.

So yeah, disagree/agree all you like.  It doesn't make it right, it just causes aggravation and bad energy, which spreads like a disease causing all of the senseless death that is going on around the world at the moment.  How gullible we are to believe the crap we are being fed by those who have an agenda.    

With a world-view like yours, believing every conspiracy theory the internet throws up, I'd stay in that darkened room with the tinfoil hat on and a blanket over your head, Anonymous (or is that really your name, or is it Magdalena...? Sounds a bit suspicious to me. Hmmm....)

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

Having given time for things to cool down, here are my thoughts.

The way I decided to vote was a questioning of the EU as a political system (it was workable when confined to Western Europe but the dynamic may change now Eastern European countries are in it)and not a case of being anti-the European people. I have German friends I correspond with that I have stayed with in the past, who I have made that point clear to. The turning point of my decision to vote to leave was being unable to answer a not often asked question 'Would I be happy to be part of a projected European superstate that will border Russia and the Middle East?' A superstate that might lead Britain into wars that may be desired more by leaders in Eastern Europe than by the people of the British Isles. My father who lived through WWII reminded me that in 1939 Britain went to war for Poland (when our own country had not been attacked) to honour a guarantee made by Chamberlain (which surprised Churchill, then a backbench MP who thought it impractical) but which didn't stop Poland being overrun by Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia (which did not ally with us until 1941 and in 1945 put in place a Communist government, unacceptable to most Poles, that held power up to 1989).

Although immigration was a factor for many voters (and that aspect was conspicuously played up by Nigel Farage) I kept neutral of that. It remains to be seen if that will make any difference to Britain's ability to control immigration or the scale. To use the Clintonism, "It's the economy stupid", Britain will be a magnet as long as it is seen  to be more prosperous and better paying than most countries in the world. It would take a repressive government, an "armed-camp" sort of state to turn it back.

I would not encourage the Brexit vote to be interpreted as 'Britain declares war on the rest of the world' and I disassociate with those who used this as an excuse to make racist attacks on foreigners living in the UK. However the latter (threatening as some of the incidents have been) pales against such cases as what followed the Independence of the Indian subcontinent from UK in 1947 and the creation of Pakistan, when the Sikhs found themselves living in a divided Punjab, Hindus living north of there were forcibly driven to India and Muslims living south of it to Pakistan, with hundreds of thousands of deaths among the three faith communities caused. Or (European example) the eviction of ethnic Germans from Eastern Europe following the Nazi defeat and the territorial settlements agreed at Yalta and Potsdam. We in mainland Britain (I leave Ireland out) are relatively fortunate to live in a country where political changes since 1900 do not happen with such scale of bloodshed or dispossesion. It has only had one Prime Minister assassinated (in 1812) and no head of state died violently since Charles I's execution in 1649.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Astyanax said:
With a world-view like yours, believing every conspiracy theory the internet throws up, I'd stay in that darkened room with the tinfoil hat on and a blanket over your head, Anonymous (or is that really your name, or is it Magdalena...? Sounds a bit suspicious to me. Hmmm....)

That's very presumptuous of you.  I'm not the one here who believes every conspiracy the internet throws up, far from it.  I've lived in this world long enough to not have the wool pulled over my eyes by suggestion or otherwise.

Very imaginative, darkened room and tin foil hat and blanket over head huh.  Nah, never been into dress up nor hid n seek.  

Taking time out from the DU makes me suspicious?  interesting  notion.

poet Anonymous

It was a racist vote. Plain and simple. All the chavs decided to get out of bed before noon on this one occasion to vote leave. The spike in hate crime after the vote was shameful. Families of scumbags who have been claiming benefits for three generations bitching about polish, asians and black "vermin". I am ashamed to be an englishman.

4) "Brexit remorse: Brits Google ‘what is EU?’ after the vote, call for re-run"

Kind of says it all really.

Amazed the chav folk have time to get online. I imagined battering your kids, drinking superstrength lager and spitting on the polish family next door takes up most of their day.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Controversity
Lost Thinker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 44

No one gives a shit about the British

Go to page:
Go to: