poet Anonymous

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

carinthian said:

Yes, please. I think the EU will be better off without a cherry-picking UK.

Apologies, but what does that mean?

(I've been following this forum's thread with fascination, like a newspaper I receive everyday, to try and understand at least some of what's being discussed because I'm not privvy to any of it via cable where I live.., thank you.)

carinthian
Twisted Dreamer
Austria 1awards
Joined 24th July 2015
Forum Posts: 165

Cherry-picking in this context means that the UK decided to leave the EU, but still wants to have full access to the common market without the obligations all other member states have, e.g. the right of all EU citizens to go and work wherever they like .

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Thank you very much for the explanation.

carinthian
Twisted Dreamer
Austria 1awards
Joined 24th July 2015
Forum Posts: 165

You're welcome. :-)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

"You did what any other country did in the EU, what makes you pretend to have more rights."

you don't need 'special rights'  to invoke article 50

therein lies the problem, and one of the main problems with the EU these days is it's full of facists

you can't even recognise that article 50 is a pre-existing article any country in the EU can invoke

then you play the victem" why are you picking on me when you find out my country "

for three pages now you've posted quotes and myths about Eire. no problem to you. all I did was subtly point out Italy changes it's mind when the side they're on is losing

I never even mentioned your previous man-whore, chauvinist,  peodaphile prime- minister ..and I still won't. because I like you, and I think you're a credit to the fourth Reich

poet Anonymous

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

All good things must come to an end..... This saga reminds me of the huge piece of art that     Eu had commissioned a few years back and when that was completed many nations took an offence to it..even though the whole idea was to look back and laugh at themselves... if  I remember correctly the artist left UK out as his interpretation was the UK is never there.. Now on a serious note like it or not the people have spoken.. as is their right, must be respected.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

hey, come on man. don't be like that, I've been on both sides and no sides. why you no talka to me !

but seriously, man (I know you said you don't want to talk to me anymore,  but I forgive you ) why are you getting so ..I dunno

none of us will have any effect on the future of the EU. hopefully, through further investigations of what everyone said, people might get a better idea of how stuff works and how much opinions differ and how deep that divide is

there is the question of Catalonia hanging over Spain. that's the reality. and what I saw going on in Eastern Europe ie fences going up to keep out refugees gives me no confidence in the alleged unity

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

ahh, been editing your comments, Ironflan

https://youtu.be/wnU0Gh7evAU

the link is to a session of the EU accounts audit committee.  ..it's where  eu accounts are audited.

do you see anything wrong ?

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

lepperochan said:ahh, been editing your comments, Ironflan

https://youtu.be/wnU0Gh7evAU

the link is to a session of the EU accounts audit committee.  ..it's where  eu accounts are audited.

do you see anything wrong ?

Omg E, that's SAD.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I voted for that guy when he ran for county council,  town deputy, and MEP

the money we pay those guys is unfuckingreal.com

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/elections/revealed-the-24m-in-salaries-and-expenses-we-pay-to-our-12-meps-30291108.html

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

funny enough, the .gov site doesn't give   the numbers. all other sources give a salary of between €70,000 to  €95,000 yearly wage + expences. which is right in line with the post above

that's bad enough, but when people are paid that kind of money you'd expect them to turn up

it's not for you to tell me to leave, Musli-knee. I can't leave anyway

as per, when faced with absolute fact,  ie an empty parliment coupled with an extortionate wage, you can't supply any kind of coherent reply

"if you don't like it, leave"

how mature of you.

Go to page:
Go to: