poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

- What are those imposed laws can you name them?-

to be perfectly honest, no. can't name them. they're there though if you care to go delve into it. my understanding is EU laws which automatically supersede a member nations laws (even if they're conflicting laws) are mostly attached to agriculture, fisheries, and envoirement

again,  you'll have to go look it up for yourself

Didn't UK vote for those laws and those presidents or do you really belive they voted by themself?

..the presidency is on a rotational system. nobody gets to vote for one

Why is UK still part of the EU and nobody so far is invoking the article 50 that will mean you will officially leave.
So where these rumors comes from?

first off it's created a bit of a buffer for the UK. between saying they're going to leave and invoking the article. it gives people time to get used to the idea. people are the worlds not going to end

also, the UK first minister has all but stepped down, it triggered a leadership race. so that'll have to be sorted too

-Let me ask you something, because nowhere i said i'm proEU,-

..mostly the forum where you wanted an EU flag included in the choice of DU profile flags. that was a bit of a giveaway

-what makes you dislike the EU when you are from a country that took more than just some infrastuctures-

..I see dead people.

poet Anonymous

Astyanax said:My vote to leave had nothing whatsoever to do with immigration, but was entirely based on my opposition to a political system in which laws are imposed on my country by an overpaid, pampered  élite based in another country whom the British people did not elect and whose names, in most cases, they don't even know. It is a system which no American would accept in a million years, and to characterize it as representing nothing more than a dislike of immigrants is an inaccurate and sneering reaction on the part of those who were on the losing side in the referendum I think that this is essentially correct.

The EU is a creature of the same financial oligarchy which has dominated US policy during the Bush-Obama years. This oligarchy is preoccupied with trying to save a financial bubble which can't be saved. They plundered the Third World nations, then they plundered the former COMECON nations, and now they are cannibalizing the weaker economies of Europe itself. They have also attempted to bully the rest of the world into submitting to further victimization, through the "Blair Doctrine" of "regime change" at the point of a bayonet -- ostensibly for humanitarian reasons. They have laid waste to most of the Middle East, causing the greatest refugee crisis in modern history.

Does the average "leave" voter understand these issues? Probably not, any more than the people who are backing Trump and Sanders understand them. All they know is that they feel impotent, and are looking for any opportunity to thumb their noses at the ruling oligarchy.  I agree with Mikimoondancer, who observed that the Brits voted along class lines. The "stay" camp in Britain represents Britain's own oligarchy, very much on the same page as the Brussells mafia.

The best hope for the survival of Europe and the US is to find leaders who will collaborate with the leadership of Russia, China and India, in taming the financial system, taking it away from the derivatives gangsters, and building a worldwide network of modern infrastructure, something which is in everyone's interest. If people like Obama are left in power, it is only matter of time before they lead us into war against those nations instead.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

"The EU is a creature of the same financial oligarchy which has dominated US policy during the Bush-Obama years"

it was the Reagan admin which went to bed with Europe, through the UK. since then, through the different admins. Clinton, Bush 1 and Bush 2 and now Obama

let's not forget the whole Serbia and Georgia debacles

both the Obama admin and the two Bush 2 admins have exerted their influence over Europe in a more aggresive non-clandestine way

to the point where this Obama admin forced regime change in Ukraine then sneered about it over the phone. ( the now infamous "and fuck the EU " leaked phonecall

the US interest in Europe is all about Russia. Europe is divided on this issue, while some countries like Poland and Latfia are happy to have more US troops, hardware and jets, others like Estonia and Hungry have said no, no fkn way

also it was US who arm twisted EU countries to inflict sanctions on Russia . Europe is also questioning this now. among other countries France has said on a few occasions it would prefer to normalize relations

there's also the US TTIP proposal which is the best reason in the world for European countries to jump ship

most everybody with a brain has pointed out that Europe can only survive as an entity if it embraces Russia

I believe the NATO meeting yesterday considered it.

but Ukraine's minister for defence announced he's set up a task-force to re-take Crimea

"Does the average "leave" voter understand these issues? "

both campaigns were ambiguous. and both lied about facts and figures. so I'd imagine the average 'stay' was equally factually unfurnished

"They have also attempted to bully the rest of the world into submitting to further victimization, through the "Blair Doctrine" of "regime change"

Europe as an entity hasn't the balls to try bully other countries. it's the usual suspects France, Germany, UK who've sent muscle to help out Obama

there is no European army.and hopefully there never will be

"If people like Obama are left in power, it is only matter of time before they lead us into war against those nations instead"

it's widley accepted here in Europe that it's your lobbyists and their corporations who preside in US so it doesn't really give a fk who is president, it'll just be the same old same old

poet Anonymous

poet Anonymous

Lepperochan, I generally agree with you. The oligarchy of which I speak does not belong to any particular nation. It has business offices in The City, on Wall Street, Brussells, etc. Trying to argue which modern nation is most culpable is a fruitless exercise, although I think it is fair to say that they are all heirs to largest, most sophisticated and most brutal empire in history to date.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

@AH true enough, I guess the only real barometer is the level of complicity shown to the said heirs of empire

Ironman,  are you saying there are laws or there aren't laws. on one hand you say it's fantasy but on the other you say laws are voted on

civil war ??!! nobody dies in Ireland. nobody even has a cross word to say to each other. quite franky I'm deeply offended for my country and the world as a whole that you'd imply Ireland was anything other than an actual eutopia

...good day to you, sir

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Ireland joined EU in 1972, three years after UK paras stationed in Derry fired into an unarmed crowd and killed a number of people who marched for civil rights

if you're implying the EU had something to do with the peace treaty of 1997 then it is you, sir who is away with the faries.

about nationalism. if you could point me in the direction of difference between nationalist views towards a nation and nationalist views towards a federation of nations I'd be deeply surprised

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

well that's that then. I'm with you.  I like the EU now. I see where I went wrong.  I listened to the MEP I voted for.

https://youtu.be/vaMJlLDbSFo

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

lepperochan said:well that's that then. I'm with you.  I like the EU now. I see where I went wrong.  I listened to the MEP I voted for.

https://youtu.be/vaMJlLDbSFo

That drunk speaks to aliens
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-HpX___CJ38&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwje1YDiquvNAhWJOSwKHanQArsQtwIIKTAK&usg=AFQjCNEJhN1lg5BOq4VDxIC0P6H4e5fjxg

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

fair enough, I'll put on my serious head.

we've covered most everything, except how many times Italy switched sides in the last great war.

but in a less serious note. (cos let's face it man, the convo is getting a bit heavy on the buzz, man)

the guy in the link above is MEP Ming Flanagan.  and I voted for him, because he speaks the truth

you might remember last year Florence wanted to become independent of Italy. that would have taken a huge percentage out of gdp and taken Florence out of the EU and sent Italy into a tumble that could have taken Portugal and Spain down with it, and so on

I get the impression your affinity to a federation of nations is to do with military strength than free trade and movement

NATO was set up to be the military strength. the U.N. was set up to be the negotiating chamber. the EU was supposed to be about trade and movement ie EEC which was what it was called when both Ireland and the UK joined. EEC means European economic community  

yes,  our country joined freely. and yes, there's been some stuff like roads and blocks of cheese for the poor. but we've given Europe everything that's been asked of us

(except when our corporate tax rate was questioned)  (..12 - 14% ..bout 20% lower than Italy)

so if we want to walk away we have every right to. it's in the beloved EU constitution that if any nation decided to leave they can invoke article fifty

I get the impression you'd rather shoot us than let us leave ..fkn Mafioso

carinthian
Twisted Dreamer
Austria 1awards
Joined 24th July 2015
Forum Posts: 165

lepperochan said:
so if we want to walk away we have every right to.

Yes, please. I think the EU will be better off without a cherry-picking UK.

Go to page:
Go to: