Go to page:

poet Anonymous

poet Anonymous

Won by only? 3.9%
With 75% voter turnout, do you realize how many millions of votes that is?...

Too_hot69
SnowBelle
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 30th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 823

I heard it was the highest number of voters that turned out since the early 90's.

What I don't understand is why politicians quit as soon as things don't go their way. (In an ideal world we should be able to sack them for failing to deliver what they promised). Last year the Labour and Liberal Democrats leaders both quit when they failed to make it to No. Ten. This year Cameron has quit though it was his idea. I think Corbyn is doing the right thing by sticking with his party despite the referendum not going his way.

poet Anonymous

I just wonder why so many seem shocked to find out we live in a democracy. These days the so called activists are protesting freedom of speech and democracy.
Ready to trade their souls for safety, an unattainable thing in any case.

Ask yourself why the war on guns when 3D printers will make them available privately to all in a decade and available now to those with a bit of cash.

There are many questions everyone should be asking

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

I read that the vote is just a vote,
and not legally binding.
Also,
the actual process of decoupling from Urop
would be a slow process
spread over up to ten years.

I dont live there though.
I did see the water fight with the boats made it on the news here.

poet Anonymous

the disinformation agents have been hard at work start to finish.
They want us out ASAP to stabilize the economies /financial markets.

poet Anonymous

poet Anonymous

poet Anonymous

More than half of Americans were against Obama, they survived a re-election.
The british people are divided along class lines and voted that way. All stats show the higher your income and lifestyle the more likely you voted to sttay. The farmers, fishers, builders, real people were hugely for leaving. The ones who were o top wanted to keep it that way or they bought the fear mongering that life would get worse.

And you are welcome for my input, won't be back.
Enjoy your discussion.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

UK have been a member for 40 years, then voted themselves out. lucky enough UK never switched currency. so far the only people to suffer from the exit are the top 400 worlds richest who lost 127 billion between them yesterday. they'll take another hit too if TTIP can't be ratified by UK  

re:  republic of Ireland and it's aspirations for a United Ireland ...there is none, not in its present government. plus all the cases pertaining to human rights breaches by UK government and it's agents in Ireland will most probably be dropped now

either way, Europe is a failed entity. and the likely-hood of NATO dragging us into a confrontation with Russia is very real.

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

lepperochan said:UK have been a member for 40 years, then voted themselves out. lucky enough UK never switched currency. so far the only people to suffer from the exit are the top 400 worlds richest who lost 127 billion between them yesterday. they'll take another hit too if TTIP can't be ratified by UK  

re:  republic of Ireland and it's aspirations for a United Ireland ...there is none, not in its present government. plus all the cases pertaining to human rights breaches by UK government and it's agents in Ireland will most probably be dropped now

either way, Europe is a failed entity. and the likely-hood of NATO dragging us into a confrontation with Russia is very real.

Craic has hit the nail on the head.

The UK will face some uncertain times sure, but the question for the remain voters I hypothetically pose. Where do you see the UK being in 5 years had we remained in the EU

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

ok, but while there may be a will among  Irish people for unity, our present government has none.

more than that though:  there's a huge number of Queen Lizzy's loyal subjects (some 800,000) who currently abode in the occupied counties. they have, on many occasion proven fanatical to a degree where a rumour can bring them and they're legaly owned guns to the streets.

that said, given the democratic process in the occupied counties concluded with ' we'd like to stay in Europe '  but the overall vote of the kingdom arrived at the opposite conclusion, it would seem Ulster unionists find themselves in a bit of a pickle

there is however the promise of a border poll in The good Friday agreement signed by both British and Irish governments some time back, and demographics have changed considerably

yesterday the Scottish assembly legislated for another referendum of independence from UK.

but, come on Scotish assembly ..you're an agent of Westminster. product of 1994 Scottish devolution act. there's no referendum which would bind Westminster to give Scotland independence

some band of Bravehearts are gonna have to declare Scotland a republic and brave the wrath of the assembly, the people and the UK government

personally, I don't see what all the hysteria is about. the EU is primarily a trade block with free movement for citizens of contries within the block.

UK citizens mught have to flash their passports at borders and possibly apply for visas in the case of immigration or work (depending on agreements or treaties made with countries on a one to one basis)

thing is, if it made a huge amount of difference either way, both campaigns might have had some substance and truth to them

most of the stuff being churned out was sensationalist.

UK is still a part of NATO and Five Eyes so there's no major loss to European security.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

I'm sure it will all work itself out, just fine, but I wish they'd chosen a different name for the whole she-bang other than "Brexit"  <--- that sounds like that burp noise you make, just before you vomit.

UnderYourSpell
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 21st June 2016
Forum Posts: 50

I got lectured last week from someone in Mumbai about what is going on in my Country and all I can say is there's some weird propaganda being spread (and believed) around the world.  I'm from Working class stock (and proud of it ) and from where I stand your common or garden man in the street is fed up with being given stupid rulings from somebody we didn't elect nor have any control over. Whether it was unwise to vote us out for such things remains to be seen, but we were Great Britain before and will be again. I've seen posts from an American calling us a shitty little island, but at least we don't go round shooting up our schools or having to beg for Medical attention.

Go to page:
Go to: