Twisted Dreamer
Philippines
Joined 25th May 2016
Forum Posts: 20

Love is the way to make love...

poet Anonymous

Beautiful 💋

poet Anonymous

I am in no way dismissing your opinion on love. I am curious if you have ever been loved by anyone, other than family.
You see, I find it difficult to dismiss love,as only a sexual attraction.  If you have ever been loved by someone,or if you have ever truly loved someone.  When they're gone,it has nothing to do with missing the sex. You said it yourself, a sexual attraction.  Yea, that's a bonus in a relationship.  But, when you have sex, it's just sex. However, when you make love. Its different. Love ,teaches us to have the courage to be vulnerable. To be better, kinder people. It's tricky,though. You cannot be truly loved, unless your loving that person back. I hope for anyone to experience love,at least once.

Phoenix_Risen
Thought Provoker
United States 5awards
Joined 21st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 98

Love is the most powerful force in the universe.
It has the power to give life
It has the power to kill
It heals
It destroys
It trancends time and space
It is joy
It is sorrow
It is light and easy
It is all consuming
It is beautiful
it is frightening
It is uncontrolable
If you search for it you will not find it
It falls on you when you least expect it
We can't live without it

Hallucinostic
Twisted Dreamer
Philippines
Joined 11th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 40

I heard that- Love is like oxygen, love is a many-splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love.
... And also, "love" is a score of zero or nothing, just in case you're watching Roland Garros at the moment.

headlight_eyes
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 25th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 56

what a trite question.

love is just that thing that everyone has a different, equally boring, and metaphorical way to describe, that is played up too much, used too often, and repeated in poetry (over and o v e r  and over and o v e r again).

don't get me wrong. i am as much of a 'love' user as anyone else. i'm starting to think 'love' is like 'sorry'. we say it all the time, and only occasionally mean it. we write about it all the time, and only occasionally feel it.

beats me. the trite-iest questions always have the most answers.

poet Anonymous

headlight_eyes said:what a trite question.

love is just that thing that everyone has a different, equally boring, and metaphorical way to describe, that is played up too much, used too often, and repeated in poetry (over and o v e r  and over and o v e r again).

don't get me wrong. i am as much of a 'love' user as anyone else. i'm starting to think 'love' is like 'sorry'. we say it all the time, and only occasionally mean it. we write about it all the time, and only occasionally feel it.

beats me. the trite-iest questions always have the most answers.

hat tip

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

Love is when I got to know this chick
then I really latched on to her,
suffocated her socially
not physically,
she left me,
she not only left me,
she left the
country

Love drives you to new lands

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
TarnishedMom
Tracey
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th May 2016
Forum Posts: 12

If you are a religious person your taught that love is just the answer to everything, the response to everything, the goal of everything. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

It almost makes me feel like love in impossible. Love seems perfect. To never be angry or never fail, or lose hope, is not to love or know love. I think we all want love and none of us ever will know what love is. You;d have to be pious to know love. We all have different versions of what we believe love is and what it means but to me it will always be a word that is overused, misconstrued, taken for granted and never truly understood. I believe love is unconditionally caring, expressing kindness, forgiving, seeking guidance, having faith and patience in all things.

sarahcate
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 7th June 2016
Forum Posts: 7

I feel like OxyMoronicMe captured it perfectly above!

poet Anonymous

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

I think love happens when we have an unquenchable desire to understand someone to the point where we gain fulfillment, enlightenment, happiness, and the like from increasing that understanding. From learning about them. You want to drink everything in. You crave it. It's madness.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Love

Love - what is it?
It is the wind which blows away your senses,
The storm which destroys your mind.
Like an army, it occupies you against your will;
Like an illness, it overwhelms you, and there is no cure.

And yet....and yet...

Despite the pain of love:
Poets glorify love,
Young men die for love,
Young girls dream of love.
Why? Could it be because we are in love with love?

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

I reckon it's the strongest yet invisible beer goggles- makes mundane look out of this world charming-- hang on... am i saying this about love or poetry?

Go to page:
Go to: