VixenRouge
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 6th May 2016
Forum Posts: 49

In response to:

Jade v. Vixen

Comp: Three Word Challenge
Description: Let your mind run wild and think up your best combination of three words

The accusation was unseen by me until today when it was brought to my attention that I was being accused of plagiarism by Jade and I went back to the thread to review both her and my posts and found this:

Jade 5/16-11:59 p.m.  
Jade-Pandora said:Regarding:
The misappropriated use by VixenRouge of some of my work as "word manipulation", a term by her in a pm response to me:

To host Danger Dale, one of the Moderators has advised me to post about the aforementioned miscrient's actions here while I have pm'd you the information in full, (which, due to a glitch, was sent to you multiple times).  

If VixenRouge can do what she did to my work/entries, she'll do this to others' without conscience.  

Jade

-----

PM exchange:

5/16-2:31 p.m.
Jade: copy/answering
Hi Vixen, 
I'm curious.  I just needed to find out your reason for copying off a lot of my 3-word challenge entries?   

Thanks, 
Jade

5/16-2:50 p.m.
Vixen: re: copy/answering
Copying?  It's word manipulation, I'm using the words/concepts you laid down as inspirational springboards. 

Peace, 
V

-----

Poets borrow concepts and are inspired by other poets quite often, that is a large part of the purpose of gathering in a community to write.  Someone expresses a thought/feeling in a poem, conversation, or the form of a challenge/comp and our brains go careening off down various paths, some similar to the original some not.  As poets we are constantly finding inspiration in damn near any and everything, a single word may be all it takes.

Most of the time we are not questioned as to where we drew our inspiration, but here I have not only been questioned but accused of stealing words and ideas, plagiarism is how it's been presented, though without actually using the word because as I'm sure it was pointed out to her, I have in no way actually plagiarized anyone otherwise the moderator she contacted would have been in contact with me.  Still, having been publicly accused and condemned as a word/idea thief, I feel the only response is to publicly dispel the accusation with a laying out of the events and the words/ideas I am accused of stealing. A one on one comparison of input/output is, I feel, the best way to do this.  As Jade was not the only person I drew inspiration from I have included the others as well, though I submitted additional entries later I am only including those from the day Jade PMd me and then accused/condemned me; and now, onto the thread posts.  I have included, where I can remember it, my thought process)

Arkarian 5/16-00:45 a.m.
The Silence Ends
Vixen 5/16-00:51 a.m.
Ends split infinity  (silence ends, made me think of split ends and my never ending battle with them)

Jade 5/16-10:07 a.m.
Discus Cuts Twice
Vixen 5/16-1:40 p.m.
Dull 
cuts deeper
(A discus is round, how the hell does it cut anything once much less twice? Well given enough force a dull knife can puncture and because of the force required would probably be embedded quite deep)

Jade 5/16-10:10 a.m.
Roar of Silence
Vixen 5/16-1:40 p.m.
Scream 
silences 
roar
(I've heard “roar of silence” before, boring.  I'm more likely to scream, think and then if not calmed, go full boar)

Jade 5/16-10:12 a.m.
Termites Holding Hands
Vixen 5/16-1:41 p.m.
Mandibles 
manipulating 
wood
(Aww.  Their mandibles are creepy.  Ooh, lol, a play on them eating “wood” and a toothy BJ)

Jade 5/16-10:13 a.m.
Dreaming of Plums
Vixen 5/16-1:42 p.m.
Plump plum 
ablomb
(I just like the color plum and the sounds of the words)

Jade 5/16-10:14 a.m.
Fishing For Answers
Vixen 5/16-1:42 p.m.
Fisting for answers
(Fishing for answers, eye roll, how boring, fighting for answers would be at least a little more interesting, fighting/fists a brawl or eww fisting)

Jade 5/16-10:20 a.m.
Tango Ripple Dip
Vixen 5/16-1:43 p.m.
Tango's echo lasts
(Tango either makes me think of dancing or military speak, I combined the two “tango echo” and the thrill of remembering a great night of dancing)

Jade 5/16-10:23 a.m.
Peppermint Chocolate Foreplay
Vixen 5/16-1:43 p.m.
Rainbow sprinkled libido
(Don't remember the thought process for this one)

Jade 5/16-10: a.m.
Sexy Satin Swirl
Vixen 5/16-1:45 p.m.
Satin sheet sadist
(Sexy and satin made me think of sheets, wanted to stick with the S sounds sex would be boring, so spice it up with a sadist)

Jade 5/16-10:26 a.m.
Honey-glazed peach fuzz

Jade 5/16-10:28 a.m.
Tipsy Champagne Tickle
Bubbly cherry pops
(Ok, this one is just wrong, the thought was first time sex drunk on champagne)

Jade 5/16-10:35 a.m.
Aftermath Sunrise Hangover
Hung over sun
(Jade's made me wonder what a hung over sun would feel like, and the thought stuck so I used it)

Jade 5/16-10:36 a.m.
Still Finding Pennies
Vixen 5/16-1:47 p.m.
Desperately seeking sense
(Pennies=cents, sounds like sense, finding/looking/seeking sense, then Desperately Seeking Susan popped into my head...)

Jade 5/16-10:44 a.m.
Navel Tongue Curl
Vixen 5/16-1:49 p.m.
Curly tongued devil
(Eew, tongues in the navel!  A little lower now, mmhmm)

Jade 5/16-10:53 a.m.
Strawberry Parting Lips
Vixen 5/16-1:50 p.m.
Strawberry nips
lipped
(strawberry lip gloss is what first came to mind, then lips and nips...)

Jade 5/16-1:03 p.m.
Dignify Your Response
Vixen 5/16-1:50 p.m.
Dishonesty's dignified repose
(Don't remember for this one)

Jade 5/16-1:07 p.m.
Wanting Nothing Less

Jade 5/16-1:09 p.m.
This Past Year

Jade 5/16-1:12 p.m.
Burning Shoe Trees
Vixen 5/16-1:51 p.m.
Shoehorned leather daddy
(Shoe trees, shoe leather, leather daddy...)

Jade 5/16-1:13 p.m.
Suddenly It's Over

Jade 5/16-1:17 p.m.
Reveal the Graticule
(don't know what graticule is, don't feel like looking it up)

Jade 5/16-1:20 p.m.
As a Child

Jade 5/16-1:22 p.m.
The Darkness Between

Jade 5/16-1:23 p.m.
A Price Paid

Jade 5/16-1:24 p.m.
A Sullen Beauty

Jade 5/16-1:29 p.m.
We'll Talk Tomorrow
Vixen 5/16-1:59 p.m.
Tomorrow's words
borrowed
(Don't remember)

Jade 5/16-1:33 p.m.
I'm Hoping Perhaps
Vixen 5/16-2:00 p.m.
Kneeling
prayer answerer
(Hope/pray, kneeling, BJ)

Jade 5/16-1:35 p.m.
My Favorite Vantage
(wanted to do something with this but drew a blank)

Jade 5/16-1:36 p.m.
A Smooth Outcrop
Vixen 5/16-2:00 p.m.
Vulcantic chants erupted
(Outcrop made me think of mountains and meditation. Changed mountain to volcano, boring, eruption, cumming, orgasmic...)

Jade 5/16-1:36 p.m.
It'll Never Work

Jade 5/16-1:40 p.m.
Waiting For Word

Jade 5/16-1:43 p.m.
Her Breathless Want

Jade 5/16-2:08 p.m.
Sentenced To Life
Vixen 5/16-2:24 p.m.
Life? Sentence questioned.
(simple play on words)

Jade 5/16-2:10 p.m.
A Ritual Death
Vixen 5/16-2:25 p.m.
Death's rituals resonate
(the rituals surrounding death, the recent death of my step-mother...)

Jade 5/16-2:15 p.m.
On Borrowed Time
Vixen 5/16-2:25 p.m.
Borrowed time 
interest
(this was a fail, the thought needs the word “gains” before “interest” to convey what I was going for)

SeeMeSeeYou 5/16-2:47 p.m.
Ask in silence
Vixen 5/16-4:40 p.m.
Answer
muffled diver
(Can't talk using mouth for other things...)

SeeMeSeeYou 5/16-2:49 p.m.
Suffer in solitude
Vixen 5/16-4:44 p.m.
Fortress mirrors prison
(Solitude, superman's fortress of solitude, solitary confinement...)

poet Anonymous

I'm curious about which specific examples were viewed as plagiarism. Skimming through them, I don't see plagiarism in any of these.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

That's not plagiarism.  What your saying may sound similar to what Jade said but since it's just three words changing something even a little vastly changes everything.  

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

If one is that possessive of three word phrases blurted in a public forum, then one should instead blurt them straight into a titanium vault and immediately shut the door. Let them remain hidden from society until being published in a book comprised entirely of three word phrases.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

flurple derple nirple

10% royalties go to Johnny Balze for usage of one or more but less than three of these wurds in conjunction with any other wurds.

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

JohnnyBlaze said:flurple derple nirple

10% royalties go to Johnny Balze for usage of one or more but less than three of these wurds in conjunction with any other wurds.

You're a total flomp whopple doppler.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

PsycoticMastermind said:

You're a total flomp whopple doppler.

You shut your jizzle whizzle spountain.

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

JohnnyBlaze said:

You shut your jizzle whizzle spoutain.

I'm totally stealing spountain!

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

I suppose I would be upset if I was cheated out of a trophy or prize if another person won using two of my three words.

But then again, I would consider the judge who awarded the prize to be a hack for not being able to put 2 + 2 together as to where the inspiration came from.

In this situation, there is no prize and anyone reading the thread can see for themselves what was inspired by whom.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Trixareforkids said:

I'm totally stealing spountain!

* pushes Trix into a shrubbernecker shreddinkulous mulchifier and bolts to the trademark office *

MayRayn
May Rayn
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th May 2016
Forum Posts: 113

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. (I totally stole that.)

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

JohnnyBlaze said:

* pushes Trix into a shrubbernecker shreddinkulous mulchifier and bolts to the trademark office *

Oh don't get your spountain© In a twister, I'm an eithical thief, I'll send you a royalty check 😎

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Trixareforkids said:

Oh don't get your spountain© In a twister, I'm an eithical thief, I'll send you a royalty check 😎

Fugnick drowy blurgar !  http://i1.ifrm.com/11885/77/emo/angry.gif

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016

The spountain fugnick flurple© shirts, bumpers stickers and keychains are being produced as we speak, would size shirt would you like in your Pulitzer  swag bag?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Just for future reference:  it's probably not a good idea to be copy/pasting private messages into places of public view, hence why they're called "private" messages.  While what's done, is done, personally, I would have opted for paraphrasing said messages and keeping the other party anonymous, unless their permission was given to post.  

Go to page:
Go to: