Go to page:

Top Critters

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

good job you quoted me, Trixie. I doubt anyone would have seen my post above yours otherwise

I think a good critique is honest and balanced.  ie touches upon what the poster sees as both good and bad areas

also important: critique shouldn't be followed blindly.

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:0n that note. if you'd like to tap into Hemi's knowledge but aren't very optimistic that he'll  sober up,  clock off or run out of whore-money any time soon, you can click into his profile, click on 'comments'  and you'll be treated to all critiques posted

"what good are they if they're not aimed at MY poetry ? "  I hear you ask, and its a very good question

I think reading critiques of other people's work can be very helpful. If they have a different interpretation than you, or see some nuance that you didn't, it makes you look at the piece differently. Perhaps you'll agree or disagree, but it gets you to think about the way it's written, which can help you look at your own writing differently.

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

Trixareforkids said:

I think I'm mostly crap as a critic, but I'm curious what other people think makes a good critic.

A good critter is simply someone who pipes up and points out an aspect of a poem that is counter-productive or productive. He or she could suggest a fix, but it is not necessary.

And if a handful of critters are in agreement, it is likely most readers would share a similar opinion.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Every so often you might get quote unquote critic who has nothing to offer other than that your poetry sucks. That is not critique. That is bullying. From someone who probably is a one dimensional writer more focused on being popular.

MayRayn
May Rayn
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th May 2016
Forum Posts: 113

@Artemios  Thank you, Artemios, for the welcome. I've always welcomed honest criticism myself, but I never feel like I have to incorporate a suggestion if it doesn't fit with my goal for a particular poem. I love to get feedback - can never predict where the perfect suggestion will come from. Best luck with your poetry! (Have loved Athens and Santorini - Greece is a special, magical place.)

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2608

Craic will always point you in the right direction given he has the time..

Go to page:
Go to: