Go to page:

Religion or No ?

xXPaRADoXx
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 11th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 10

I think religous people are responsible for the death of God in todays society. Finding your own truth, not somebody else's truth is the reason for this journey we call life. I think We are all traveling toward our own answers.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

If all organised religion vanished from the world and all of our memories overnight, nothing much would change. Sure the millions who hold on to it as their hope for seeing lost loved ones wouldn't have that thread to hold on to anymore, the guilty would have less ways of feeling like they've atoned for their sins. But oppressors, terrorists and would be conquerors would carry doing what they're doing, but would have new justifications for their actions.  
Conflicts such as the Israel Palestine one would carry on the same as usual, refugees would still be looked down upon as some sort of inferior species and people would simply move on to other beliefs that are seen as outside the norm to comfort themselves, such as psychics and tarot.
The actions would all be the same, but with differing justifications, good or bad.

All in all, it may be annoying as hell for some (including myself) but the world wouldn't change a great deal. People seem to conflate morality and religion all the time, they are separate. If religion went bye bye, it doesn't mean morality would follow suit.

Go to page:
Go to: