Go to page:

So there's this guy called Roosh V...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

"up to three hundred people are expected to protest a controversial meeting of those affiliated to the #return of kings movement. The proposed mass meeting is to take place on Saturday the sixth of February at naas county kildare, and is the branchild of online blogger Daryush Valkizadeh aka Roosh. Roosh is no stranger to controversy having alienated himself from large numbers of women and men after publishing a blog which appeard to condone rape and called for rape to be legalized in the home, however he later claimed the blog was satirical"

that's what I broadcast on the news Thursday morning.  its a shame the meetings were cancelled.

if it is a case the blogs were not satirical and those who turn up at the meetings are of the same mind, then happy days.  

apart from anything else. isn't  it great how a guy can sit behind a computer screen and command so many people

poet Anonymous

Yeah, good luck trying to say Daryush Valkizadeh on the radio...

I'll get back to some of your points (especially Viddax's) later on tonight when I have a bit more time.

poet Anonymous

Viddax said:Oh good, jolly good. I was searching for something to get my teeth into an proselytize against, something to reinstate my ideas and theories. And boy, do we have a hum-dinger!

It's interesting to see that you think that silencing his speech is censorship at its most prevalent. Though I have to agree with you on the knee jerk reaction. I was talking to a friend of mine about this and the word 'scapegoat' seemed to come up quite a lot. I can't help thinking that whether or not he claimed that what he said was satirical or not, and whatever context it was taken by the general public that the general public really need somebody to hate. wherever there is a voice that is trying to say something different (whether I agree with it or not) there will always be somebody who will say that person is wrong. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. This is the way of the world.

"neomasculinity" - oh ho-oh, where to begin"
I totally agree with what you say about not being able to stick a label over cracks in your soul. I don't really understand what drives a person to take such an extreme view in the first place, in the same way that I don't understand how all these people in the news lately become radicalised and get on a plane to Syria. I'll be honest, I didn't really know anything about the manosphere until about 4 years ago when a friend of mine went through a particularly bad divorce and got into all these game blogs so much, he actually started one himself. Now - to a degree, they helped him through a particularly bad point in his life, and it did help him with his confidence and getting back on the metaphorical horse. However, I can't help but feel that his view on women has forever been skewed by that experience and those views that he simply didn't have before the manosphere appeared in his life. Now I can't say either way whether his divorce is to blame for how he sees women now, or whether it was the manosphere, but it proves to me in my mind that these words are reaching people, and that people are changing their views because of them. There's a film with Morgan Freeman, Bob Hoskins and Jet Li in called 'Unleashed' which is about this gangster who brings up this kid to think he is a dog and he's trained to kill to get money from people who owe Bob Hoskin's character a few quid. He says a line in the film that is very poignant: "get 'em while they're young, and the possibilities are endless". People's views can be changed and we simply don't know how much of this information that is being spewed out into blogs and the suchlike is being absorbed by people who read them. It could be a ticking time bomb for all we know.

I had no idea how deep this stuff went until my friend got into it. The rabbit hole goes very deep, and I'm not even sure I want to know anymore than I'm already aware of. It's not really good for my general energy.

"Traditional sex roles"
I have to say I am inclined to agree with what you say here. I've never really understand the need for genders to fulfil a role. Anybody who feels like they are determined by their sex, or their country, or their religion just seems a little sad to me.  Even the very Earth that we stand on is both male and female in its workings. It's the very same reason that I don't understand nationalists and other fundamentalist religious folk. It's purely a label that people are trying to hide behind because there's something missing within themselves that feels like they have to belong somewhere. I don't even like the terms neomasculinity or feminism, because it implies that one is better than the other. As far. I'm concerned, all are equal.

I am so glad you at least smiled at the absurdity of the words

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

Well, to begin with, anything that creates a wedge, I have a problem with.
Who is this guy? firstly, it's abundantly clear that he's someone with a view not shared by vast majority. So in that (majority's point of view) a misfit.

What are his views? do they matter? why the fuss? as our  friend's stated above, society needs someone to hate. I hate to move this topic in any other direction but..in my view, as sex or crime  no longer sells that good these days, hatred(be it in the name of nationalism, sexism,racism fanaticism etc) does sell very well. If that ain't the case then the media groups wouldn't be as hysterical as they are these days.
Censoring in today's world is the best strategy to publicize something, effectively an oxymoron.  I was just mentioning a reason for the reaction to the guy's antics. May comeback to finish it sometime in the next few days..

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Well damn it all, but if sex hardly sells, crime hardly sells, and hate kinda sells but not that well: why not stop trying to bloody well sell stuff?
And of course, because love is such a free commodity, why not sell that? Or strictly speaking not sell, but disseminate. In a style similar to Jesus Christ, or Buddha, or Ghandi, or your mother and father.

Miss-Sub - I am so glad you managed to dig some sense and agreeable words from my tirade. I thought it was prevalent censorship, as without having idiotic speech and dissent, it is worthless to have sense and assent. The latter two things should triumph the others unopposed because they are better in every sense. (If they don't then the supposed sense and assent may well be following something that should be changed.)

KDAmB - It is a sad fact that society, and in turn us human beings, still have problems with ignoring and avoiding temptations and censored distractions. (Not distraction as in booze and drugs, but the distraction of hate and confrontation.) Something along the lines of any publicity is good publicity. There is also a tendency for news to be presented in this age as accusatory: it accuses the reader/receiver of having been so lax to allow such a thing to exist, and accuses the creator of being an affront to civilisation, and then goes into great detail to describe such deeds without actually informing why they are wrong or how to reason against them. News still seems to be raw information and data, sometimes biased data, but not rational and healing!

On a side note to the males; because of male-centric wars such as WW1 and WW2 to name the major culprits, there are more than a fair number of the 'fair' sex. This alone should be a reason to be thankful as men, heterosexual men. For males or beings who do not identify as heterosexual, then the amount of females is not necessarily such an aesthetic thanks or sexual thanks, but can still be a thanks for all the potential friends that exist.

I'll stop rambling now.

Go to page:
Go to: