Go to page:

So there's this guy called Roosh V...

poet Anonymous

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/feb/04/daryush-roosh-v-valizadeh-cancels-neo-masculinist-meetings-over-safety <------ a brief overview for you.

...So if you've been following the news lately, there are countries kicking up one hell of a stink about a guy called Roosh who runs an online blog dedicated to all things 'men'.

"The leader of a self-described neo-masculinist movement has today cancelled a series of meetings planned for cities worldwide on Saturday because he “can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend”.

Now, I like to think I don't have an opinion either way of Roosh, but I've followed this story with interest over the last few days purely because of the reaction it's getting, and I'm keen to know your opinions:

Is this a case of censorship gone wild?

... Discuss

(No ripping each other's eyes out or unnecessary sh*t fits please - just healthy good old fashioned discussion. Kthanx.)

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

The only thing I have read of this man, is a statement of his opinion on women that my sister-in-law posted on her FB,  I didn't take too kindly to it or to him, so I avoided venturing any further into it,  It's better that way for my well-being.  

poet Anonymous

That's why I choose not to have an opinion, Magda However, I find how other people react to it an interesting social insight into humanity.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Miss_Sub said:That's why I choose not to have an opinion, Magda However, I find how other people react to it an interesting social insight into humanity.

I've come to learn over time not to get so caught up in such things.  It sucks the energy out of me and leaves me wound up like a coil.  On the most part, that is the whole purpose of this kind of thing. I made a comment on the post and that was me done.  

It is interesting how caught up people get and definitely an insight.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Well... If you Google Roosh-V, the first hit that comes up is an article in New York Magazine, less than 24 hours old, that says Roosh-the-Douche is in hiding at his Mommy's house....'nuff said.

poet Anonymous

Anyone who advocates to make rape legal is...I don't even know the right word. He's terrible.

poet Anonymous

TheGoddessMinerva said:Anyone who advocates to make rape legal is...I don't even know the right word. He's terrible.

He later stated that what he said was a satirical piece that was written for a blog taken out of context. This is the interesting point for me when it comes to censorship. I'm always curious to know where a person's right to air their views begins and a person's understanding of a view begins.

Again, I have no opinion on Roosh's views either way, this is more a discussion on censorship.

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender said:Well... If you Google Roosh-V, the first hit that comes up is an article in New York Magazine, less than 24 hours old, that says Roosh-the-Douche is in hiding at his Mommy's house....'nuff said.

I guess that will happen when half the world threatens to kick your head in...

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

I have no opinion on the man...but i hate censorship....i mean you can still buy Mein Kampf.....and National lampoon mag. was my bible growing up...

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

I don't believe in censorship from outside forces or agencies no matter how repugnant the opinion or ideals being touted.  If people never spoke these things aloud, they'd never find out how much their view stand opposed to society.  Sometimes it's society that needs to change, sometimes it's the individual but unless people speak there can be no dialog.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

Oh good, jolly good. I was searching for something to get my teeth into an proselytize against, something to reinstate my ideas and theories. And boy, do we have a hum-dinger!

I think this is bordering on censorship going big brother on you, thought control and doublespeak and all that jazz. Though honestly it seems more a knee jerk reaction, and altogether a sense of disproportion. (The underlying attempt it seems by the media and government, is to be supportive of women and promote an equality of the sexes while still pandering slightly more to women for fear of promoting men and they themselves becoming brutes in presentation. - When really it has to be either forget gender related stuff entirely, or micromanage all gender discussion into daft miniscule boxes.)

And now enough of my confusing proselytizing, onto the arsenal! Open Fire!! Warning, incoming wall of text!

"I'll state once again: the "How To Stop Rape" article was satire. Neither me or my supporters want rape to be legalized. The media is lying." - Not exactly denying rape as a crime, or rape at all, are you Roosh? Just sounds like they don't want it to be legalized, but neither do they want it to be eliminated as a thing.

"Neomasculinity" - Oh ho-oh (pokemon reference), where to begin. The answer to having a lack of definition, of identity, is not to slap a label over your soul and say the cracks are no longer there. The answer is especially not wise or true or sensible to go whole hog in one direction, when as a being you have been formed through multiple things: in this case through a man and woman loving each other very much, not a load of blokey-bloke manly-men only aspects. (A revolution for a fascist or anarchic state inevitably leads to another revolution by newer set of rebellious and repressed things. Something about old bosses and new bosses, and no change!)
Plus having to define yourself, your very being and idealogy, in opposition to something, just seems so weak and insecure! (A real man gets on with being, rather than bitching about what it is to be a man. [Their bitching about being a man leans more towards the question of existence as a being, rather than a man in comparison to a woman.])

"Game". - Anyone who labels the art of sex, or mating, as a game, has obviously not got it through their head that such things are not games with rules, or be in control of. Life is chaos, mating is chaos: seek not to win the 'game' but to win at what you are doing. Any game ideas distracts and makes the whole thing seem content to exist for its own sake, as though it is fun to play the game and win the game again and again, rather than flirt and pursue someone because you want them as a part of your existence, not just a trophy upon some imaginary wall.

"Traditional sex roles" - Basically Roosh saying women are weaker and less logical. Well first off that's complete bollocks as the sexes are as varied as infinity within themselves, with traits being spread between both and such traits being lazy noticing not true scrutiny. Plus the male history of wanting to dominate is hardly logical, given that domination involves fighting which involves death: which is the greatest failure of the human species. The logical history of man would have had us work together to live longer not fight wars and die more!
Besides which, such stone age human, or even humans as chimpanzees thinking does not quite tailor to the modern age. We have computers for fuck's sake! Machines that can think and learn, adapt, and sustain itself (sustain as in make sure it keeps running like through a power supply). Such things have pushed us into a new age where we are bombarded with more information than any past age can function with. (We may well fall into age-old ways such as fight or flee, but our environment as changed so much that primal and basic instinct can only take us so far.)

All in all Roosh seems to want to redefine the 'man', take down the corporations, and refind our souls. Yet such thin spreading means he is not man enough for the task unfortunately. Its all a sense of fighting against the world, rather than living in peace with it.  - Gee, I am glad I can use logic and reasoning to curb my destructive desire at times and find a bastion to heal myself in.

I shall hold in one hand a bland ingot of simplicity and in the other a thunderstorm of chaos and make the two meld together imperfectly, and I shall smile at the absurdity of the worlds.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

From what I know of the content of his books, he portrays himself as a guy who roams the streets looking for drunk women to r*pe and then writes about these encounters. I think this is for the benefit of other men, who believe themselves equally unappealing to women, and also to gain as much notoriety as possible. I can only assume the whole thing is satirical and in fact he's either a virgin, or still in the closet because he has an issue with his own sexually. If that's not the case then surely his days are numbered and he will soon have his day in court. The real sadness is the appeal that he seemingly has; that there are angry young men, who lack role models and self worth, such that they believe demeaning and attacking women is the answer to their self esteem problems. Indeed freedom of speech has brought that fact to the fore, and now as a society we have yet another chance to completely miss the point and do absolutely nothing useful about it

Go to page:
Go to: