Go to page:

refusing to fight

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

Right now theres no one worthy of my vote. Its bad enough the current Pres is an idiot as well. Makes me sick to think that Hilary has a huge chance of becoming the new leader. If she becomes Pres, we are all fucked.

Pho3nix19xx
Thought Provoker
Canada 1awards
Joined 15th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 66

My biggest concern when it comes to politicians and Soldiers is how easily those who have Fought are disregarded and forgotten when they come home, whether or not they have injuries/disabilities/PTSD to me is irrelevant. The way I see it is, if you dawned that uniform regardless of the reason, you should be able to utilize every possible avenue to ensure a smooth transition and reintegration into civilian life 100% of the time.

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this, but a couple years ago a television station in Canada held a competition for November 11th, where they asked (young) people to send in a videos/photos showing how they were Remembering. I remember the first time I saw the station's commercial, and thinking "the fact that this station is Canadian makes me feel disgusted to be Canadian (something I usually hold with the upmost pride and honor.) The reason I was so horrified wasn't because of what the station was trying to do, but rather how they were going about it...offering a grand prize of $5,000CDN and an all-expense-paid-trip to Hawaii. I guess ultimately I took it as this station was saying that the Canadian Men and Women who've Fought and Fallen were worth nothing more then 5k and a free trip. Has anyone else heard of something like this happening?

Toast
Twisted Dreamer
New Zealand
Joined 16th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 51

Great thread.. US Soldiers refusing to fight would be the first step in the right direction, but I won't be holding my breathe!! Love the Kipling poem, hadn't read it in ages! :)

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Ethic/Cultural differences can help start wars.
Because a 'divide' is already there.

Over here in Kentucky,
where the hillbillies dont need nobody to
tell them who to make friends with,
where blacks befriended whites,
and vice versa,
when the KKK came to town,
lots of people rejected the KKK
simply because they had friends of a different color.
The power of friendship.

Over in Africa  
The Rwandan genocide is a combination of government
leaders starting a war, and the people jumping in, due to the ethnic divisions.  
You are attacking 'Others'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

It also happened in 'Civilized' Europe:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_Wars

Go to page:
Go to: