World War 3

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

If Donald Trump is elected president in the U.S. - there's a strong possibility.

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013
Forum Posts: 654

Slowly but surely... things are building up to it.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

YOU MEAN... WE'RE NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF WW III ALREADY??

(pardon the caps but....)
I mean, world events are like nothing I've ever seen or read about before!  I never thought I'd live so close to where the insanity is happening, and it's only just begun.  I'm not someone who's afraid of much - very little - but it just amazes me.  Nothing is letting up, and the layers keep growing.  You wonder where it will end and then I realize, hey, END?  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

seems to be a time of proxy wars and régime change.

refugees from the Syrian proxy war are dividing European countries. Germany being the latest to experiance a far-right popularity. Denmark is heading that way too

I don't think we're going to see a world war like the other two before it. Not unless the five permanent members of the UN security council declare war on each other. I think we may see them continue to gang up on other nations or encourage, arm and train others to do it for them

I think, once you don't live in the mid-east or eastern Europe or Africa you'll be safe enough

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

Just btw lepperochan I live in South Africa pretty much a safe haven from world war 3. I just hope a world war 3 never happens for one reason. It might be the war that could destroy humanity. The optimistic side of me thinks ja there is chaos but I do not think that governments are willing to start a world war 3. Another economical collapse on the other hand that I think is far more likely.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Lep, I totally understand your meanings, but when I say how I live closer to it than I ever thought I would, there doesn't have to be a formal declaration for innocent people to be slaughtered.  Let's envision something more recent, and still more recent things have happened, like in Turkey -- let's think not of middle east or eastern Europe or Africa...
let's think... California (Loma Linda, San Bernardino).  (lives in Cali, born in Cali, second generation native)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

What's happening in Turkey is 'internal'  Kurds are being hockeyed out of it by government forces  ...this was the premise for the French led invasion of Lybia some years ago to liberate it  ("Gaddafi had turned on his people") well we all know how that turned out for the Lybian people  

But I think Turkey is playing a dangerous game. Shooting down the Russian jet a couple of weeks ago was reckless and could have escalated. there's also much evidence to suggest Turkey is doing business with Islamic state

some emails came to light late last week which cast a much different light on why Lybia was 'liberated'

but war ..world war is a totally different story, allies from the last one may not be so much allies any more, new allies have been forged.  some states like South Africa have grown up a bit and some states have been born like in Eastern Europe and Africa

I suppose, Jade, one point may be that a lot of what's occurring now is interconnected in one way or another. Turkey, Gaza, Ukraine, Yemen, Afghanistan, Sudan, Saudi-Arabia, Iran,  etc all have common denominators which sit on what's supposed to be the body which was set up to stop conflicts

and all five permanent members of the UN security council are the biggest arms dealers in the world..

Abracadabra
Tyrant of Words
Kiribati 21awards
Joined 13th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 2628

The dogs of war are actually man's best friend and without them to push us forward our planet's bound to end sooner rather than later, I'm afraid.
Not a popular idea but I think you'll find history bears it out.
All that technology we're fortunate to have at our disposal advances so much faster during a dirty great war than at any other time.
There's also no doubt that if you examine the big picture overall then conflict survivors grow stronger and become more resourceful.
War is also the best way we know of dealing with the greatest problem humans face  - that of too many people and too little room - so what we need is a great big boom (oops, those dirty whores of rhyme just snuck in a low blow)
Although a sensitive soul like myself truly understands the horrors involved, because them there dawgs sure gotta lot to answer for in terms of human suffering and all, I still reckon they will need to be fed... maybe every hundred years or so...
What's happening now may be scraps thrown under the table just to keep 'em quiet, which means for most of us, there's still a few years left to bury your head in the sand.

How deep you bury it, is up to you.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6694

On one hand the Uk and China are not in a viable economic position for war: China has a surplus of steel that it wants to sell off as quickly as possible as it cannot afford to use it at home to develop itself, and the Uk steel has been priced out. So it makes sense to stockpile for war, rather than make war when the iron is not just cold but not in the stores! Oil seems to be rather cheap now.
On the other hand having Russia not at the Rio games does not help the tensions.
The Middle East seems to be a sort of quagmire, that unless one group wins in a major way there they cannot pose a viable global threat. They can still pose a terrorist threat or idealogical threat, but won't have the powerbase to expand from.

The Big 5 of the security council (jeez Craic add some detail, not all of us are as well educated as you!), the UK, China, Russia, USA and France, just seem too busy to wage war. Too many inside problems, from the natural to the political to economic, to properly look outwards and shake the fists at.
Plus the modern world is global and inter-racial, gone are the days of mono states that follow one creed and philosophy exclusively to all others.

Yet the more I talk about the reasons for not war the more I know, according to Sod's Law, there would be a war.

Call me something, but I look forwards to the next peaceful person of legend. Born of conflict and hatred to spread love and bring peace. Only those who know peace can talk of coming war. Besides which, with all the modern technology major parts of existence have still not be satisfied: still reliant on resources, still ignorant in some matters and now opting to let machines think and remember for us, still poor in coinage and poor in spirit, still dis-unified. Yet still, room to grow.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

certainly one way of looking at things. war brings stuff and keeps the population down..

but, and here's where I think that kind of thinking falls down.

firstly, and most importantly the planet we live on could easily a sustain twice the seven billion people who live here. Its not the planet which is too small, its our minds. if we think the only way to keep moving forward is to kill huge numbers of people through warfare then I feel we have already stopped moving.

in the 30 odd years that China had a one child per couple rule there was an estimated 240 million births prevented ...thats more than all the wars and atrocities since ...I dunno a long time. ...well perhaps at least the first two world wars

there is absolutely no need for war to balance out population.

It does boost economies, but that is more a failure of our economic systems than anything else.

war ? Boo!

the world doesn't need no war, it needs maverick thinkers who aren't afraid to throw the two fingers to the system which it deserves. It needs people to move away from thinking the military is our friend.

the world needs flower power! Reggae, and strong erb

Who knows what kind of medical and technological advances we could have if the military didn't gobble them up and keep them secret. what exactly did the first two wars give us anyway ...the wrist watch

(thrown out of school aged fifteen)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
slayer69
Thought Provoker
Australia
Joined 26th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 107

Dark Dreams, I disagree respectfully of course. I think we can solve our world problems with peace. A peaceful path is one thing humanity has never attempted on a large scale. main reasons being, there is no money for 'the powers that be' in a peaceful world and we are too intrigued by superficial celebrity dramas, reality t.v and judging each other, by the way we look and dress. Think of the major corporate business of arms dealing that would be virtually shut down overnight if humanity came together in an intended peaceful union. The underlying truth of all this is, that either knowingly or unknowingly 'divided populations are easier to control and manipulate conflict'. A free thinking global population is the worst nightmare for the elitists who want all the brown people herded up like cattle and slaughtered. We live in a time where we are within a stones throw of having technology to eliminate disease and  maybe even travel to the stars, but we use it on controlling each other on this tiny little blue marble which exists in infinite space. I'm getting a little off track here, but I always feel the need to identify the ridiculousness of our end goals when it comes to this kind of thinking and the actions that follow the voracious egos of men.
We also live in a time where as Craic suggested, "that our minds are too small". I understand his statement, as if to say "it's because of the way we live, not because there are too many of us" I whole heartedly agree with this statement. The world relies too much on outdated energy sources, such as oil and coal. This is why there will be a Third World War. For the elitists to take control of these resources and starve the poorer inhabitants of this world of knowledge and power and become completely dependent on the for food and refuge. When I say 'elitist' I am not suggesting that this is a planned event dreamt up by people in black cloaks calling themselves the Illuminati or giant reptilian space creatures. (Please dismiss my earlier paranoid and uniformed ravings about these subjects) however it could just be the people with excessive power at the time. People will be accepted into this exclusive group of elitists through their power and influence and this in turn will create the instability that is needed for the final separation between 'us and them'. The Third World War will look nothing like our previous wars and will most likely kill allot of people allot quicker than ever before. My prediction. Russia, China vs UK, USA, Australia, France ( the usual players) and it's allies. USA to crumble under the weight of its massive debt and widespread military and be destroyed. Who wins? No one!

Or a comet from the the Taurid meteor stream could wipe us all out any minute and save them all the effort. I prefer this method of extinction.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Anyone old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and the toe-to-toe tension in Berlin in the 70s and 80s knows that the likelihood of another world war is much less now than it was then. The major economies - China, Russia, the US, Europe - know that however much they may threaten and insult each other, they have too much at stake to want to see it all destroyed in an all-enveloping world war. The only group who don't care about their own destruction are the suicidal psychopaths of ISIS, Daesh, or whatever they call themselves this week. These people are truly dangerous and would be a genuine threat to world peace if they ever got their hands on a significant stockpile of nuclear weapons. It's up to the rest of the world to see that they don't.

rainbowoni
Strange Creature
Joined 2nd Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 11

As long as biological matter exist, there will be conflict, including war.
As long as the idea of war exist, there will always be war.

Alright! *closes book*
Question answer, next?
w-w-what is love?
Oh god, not you again.

Go to page:
Go to: