Go to page:

magic resp. weird moments while writing poetry

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

I don't really have an answer to that question because my mind is always a jumbled mess. Words become references to a variety of things that causes a crazy whirlpool of thought.

Sometimes I think its a curse. To look at something with the amount of detail that I look at it. It's just the way I'm wired I suppose.

knowthyself
know thyself
Twisted Dreamer
Germany
Joined 4th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 12

Aha - thanks so far ... anyone else?

JittrbugPrfume
. . .
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 9th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 73

Somehow each time I write it's a little like drugs. More so if I'm a bit sleep-deprived or hungry or I've had an emotionally draining day. It's a bit like how I've heard "subspace" described. A bizarrely pleasant mixture of acute awareness and dissociation.

Now yours, knowthyself. What was the strangest experience you've ever had while writing?

Fillenatrix
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 2awards
Joined 21st Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 47

While it wasn't a poem I wrote (I'm pretty crap at them anyway) it was one of the most bizarre moments I've had when it comes to "coincidence". It was a while back when I'd only just started to write and I did a truly terrible little fan fiction piece on a book that hadn't come out yet.

It was a sort of prequel back story (does it count being a prequel if it's the forth book?) and I wrote about these huge oak doors that are like a defence mechanism, that there so intricate you can get so engrossed by them you'd stand there even if you were being hacked to bits.

But the spell doesn't work if you have a strong will. Anyway this is turnimg out to be a lot longer then I thought. In the actual book at the end the main character describe the doors, down to the wood type and honestly says "How interesting, I must make time to study them later."
I was just like...HOLY SHIT!!!

So yeah, hope that's interesting to you.

feenixfiles
Fire of Insight
4awards
Joined 14th July 2013
Forum Posts: 466

had an interesting moment with my last work..not quite in the same the same vein of my usual subject matter, dark in subject and nature, head off to another site, check out the competitions and find a picture that actually sums up the work, enter the piece, become the last entry, not longer after, am announced the winner.  seems someone summoned this piece form me.. Fate did Dictate!

Go to page:
Go to: